Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: pulling Auriaya! 25man.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkestdemon
    THis is what we did. Then just had the spare 4 tanks constant taunting the feral defender he only died once so only 1 void zone the whole fight
    exactly, worked like a charm.
    Veth, Hand of A'dal @ EmotionS
    100 Tauren Druid, Destromath

Quote Originally Posted by Vashyne
    best way we did it...have a rouge distract 2 of the panters...hunter MDs to our warrior...then our pally tank use avenger shield to pick up 2 other panters....

We also had our whole raid standing in plain view...

only problem with the whole raid standing out of LOS is the healers not having enough time to heal the tanks getting pounced.
    People who say rouge should not raid, let alone get tier.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)

I'm honestly frightened by what is taking place on the BlizzCon forum.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Kcorp
    Hunter Guide to the Auriya pull

1) Eyes of the Beast
    2) Aggro boss & kitties
    3) Wave bye bye to your pet
    4) Pop Detererrence
    5) Have your tanks peel em off you
    6) Profit

Worked fine on 25man, no deaths.
    This is actually a good strat.

The way we did it was having a warrior tank pop shield wall with guardian & pain suppression on with the DK's DnD down to pick up adds and everyone was LOS. Had no problems with this way. We did use the rogue distract trick on our 10 man just because we didn't have all of those things available to us.

We used:

3 tanks (2 warriors [cats], 1 druid [boss])
    7 healers
    15 dps

We had 2 healers on each of the tanks at the beginning and the 7th just rotated for emergency healing. We aggro pulled with stationary things (pets, traps, totems [earth elemental is quite amusing]) and all stood LoS. The tanks stood LoS near the top of the stairs and picked up their cats.

The key is that the two cat tanks have to separate. They can't have their kitties crossing buffs. They popped cooldowns on the pull, heroism to insta-gib two cats, by the time heroism is over... you should have AT LEAST 2 cats dead and probably 3 or possibly 4. Then the fight is a joke.

It was frustrating to pull this boss. We died on the pull quite a bit. Once we finally got the pull, we one shot her. So annoying.

This was one of the most fun pulls to figure out thus far. We tried it all, multiple tanks, taunting correctly, sending in a mage with ice block, paladin bubbling, hunter pet, even a priest with dispersion.

It came down to everyone in the raid stacking behind the little pillar so you LOS them. Have a DK drop DnD early, move behind the wall and wait.

Pounce only works when they are at range and LOS. If you take LOS away, they run up to you and they don't pounce. From there, have your OT's taunt their mark off, spread them out and finish them off. Continue the fight from there.
    I Surf on Exodus Tears

Quote Originally Posted by Enstorged
    if we MD hunters get jumped and insta die..
    Try and learn your hunters to use disengage

15+ Year Old Account

Did your hunter use Deterrence right after the first MD shot? If so he might have survived, or FD'd.

the posts about having 5 tanks made me lol quite hard .

Simple strat for this pull: Have a Shaman drop a totem on one of the spots where she turns around. Place the shaman on the stairs out of LoS. Have the rest of the raid standing out of LoS against the wall between the stairs and the boss. Have a Death Kngiht place DnD where the cats will run so they dont kill the shaman . After that its pretty much smooth sailing

GLHF and dont forget to tell your "tanks" to specc back to dps cause they r not needed ;>

I'm a shadow priest and we pull that boss with me getting Guardian Spirit and dispersing. Rogues MD 2 cats to one tank, hunter MDs 2 cats to another tank and boss tank taunts the boss while I'm getting hit. I get hand of protection when I start yelling since those cats hurt trough Dispersion.

Quote Originally Posted by Shamee
    the posts about having 5 tanks made me lol quite hard .

Simple strat for this pull: Have a Shaman drop a totem on one of the spots where she turns around. Place the shaman on the stairs out of LoS. Have the rest of the raid standing out of LoS against the wall between the stairs and the boss. Have a Death Kngiht place DnD where the cats will run so they dont kill the shaman . After that its pretty much smooth sailing

GLHF and dont forget to tell your "tanks" to specc back to dps cause they r not needed ;>
    One problem with this strategy:
    No active deathknights in the guild. They all went awol.
    But we did find a way to do the pull without a single cat every doing their jump. This worked out pretty well.
    Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

15+ Year Old Account

After trying everything we could think of, and wiping maybe 20 times to being pounced, we ended up doing this and got her on the 2nd attempt:

2 healers go and stand on the stairs going down to the platform, out of LoS. Rest of raid hides behind the wall.
    4 tanks - MT warrior, 2 x OT (feral, pala) and a feral dps in tank spec just for this fight.
    Paladin healer stands at top of stairs, bubbles, and pulls the nearest cat when they turn round.
    Paladin walks back to the corner at which point the MT taunts boss, tankadin taunts 2 cats and the other two tanks taunt one each. The tanks with 1 cat each move over to the stairs and the two healers who spam heal them until they can separate the cats. Raid nukes down the 2 cats being tanked by the paladin. The last 2 cats are then moved back in to the raid and nuked down.

After that just make sure you all stand in front of the boss, drop tremor totems, regroup fast after a fear, and it's a fairly easy kill.

Warrior tank is probably best for this since he basically never gets feared (with Berzerker Rage) so with three tremor totems you can keep all the healers and most of the dps unfeared for most of the time and makes life a lot easier

I believe we did it like this:
    Warrior => boss
    The adds tanked by a druid, 2 dk's and a pala.

Paladin stood in front to just aggro them (not pull, because that shield makes too much threat then), i MD'd 1 to the druid. DK's picked out their target and pala just picked the last one up, while warrior charged the boss.

Wiped 3 times to practice the pull, 4th time it went flawless. Killed adds 1 by 1 and nuked the boss down.

Quote Originally Posted by Danner
    One problem with this strategy:
    No active deathknights in the guild. They all went awol.
    But we did find a way to do the pull without a single cat every doing their jump. This worked out pretty well.

Try use a Protection Paladin for Consecration should work just as well.

Ah yes, I totally forgot to say WHAT we did. My bad.
    Which was indeed a Paladin + consecration aura.
    As you say, stay out of line of sight, pull with a pet. The cats won't charge if you are in melee range. We basically used the paladin with a crapton of survival cooldowns on him, then had the tanks pick up their own tank asap. Two of the tanks quickly moved their mobs up the stairs, and a pocket healer followed. The rest remained in melee range, and was burned down fast.

Wiped at 2% due to enrage timer, then finally killed her around 2200 yesterday. Felt good :P
    Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

what we did:
    1. 2 mages at a distance.
    2. all our tanks out of LOS.
    3. 2 hunters MD the mages and run in just as she starts to walk away and use Multi-Shot.
    4. As everything is running to the mages, the tanks pick up their assigned targets, and shield wall.
    5. Profit.
    Wow account disabled, waiting for D3!