Page 1 of 3
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #1

    Have a good Holy Build?

    Do you have a Holy build that is working well for you in 10/25 instances? Mind sharing a link to it?

    My Holy build isn't working, I go OOM very quickly. My first response is going to be putting 3 points into Meditation, and a 3rd into Concentration. It is so bad that I am performing much better with my disc build simply for mana reasons.

    If it's not my build that's the culprit, maybe my rotation. I'm casting Renews, lots of Flash's, keeping up PoM, using PoH sparsely, and the occasional Guardian Spirit or CoH. I rarely am casting Greater Heal, Binding Heal, Holy Nova, or Divine Hymn.

    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-t...hannel&group=2

  2. #2

    Re: Have a good Holy Build?

    After looking at your build i have a few questions.

    Why do you have a random point in Spell Warding?

    You say you have trouble with mana, thought about getting the Improved Healing talent?

    Body and Soul, Serendipity, imo both useless talents, but they are subject to their own benefits.

    Im currently levelling a priest, 79 atm, and the healing build im gonna go for will be something like this..

    http://www.wowarmory.com/talent-calc...00000000000000

    Hope this may have helped a bit, my apologies if i came across a bit assey, wasnt my intention

  3. #3

    Re: Have a good Holy Build?

    Why do you have a random point in Spell Warding? You say you have trouble with mana, thought about getting the Improved Healing talent?
    I needed something to get down the tree. I don't really cast Greater Heal, so I just drop those points into BlessedRecovery & Spell Warding instead of Divine Fury.

    Body and Soul, Serendipity, imo both useless talents, but they are subject to their own benefits.
    Yeah, I'm probably going to move the Body & Soul points into Meditation. Serendipity helps put out faster PoH, I'll probably just look for a mana-regen based talent to put the points into.

    Hope this may have helped a bit, my apologies if i came across a bit assey, wasnt my intention
    Nope, thanks for the ideas. Body & Soul and Serendipity might be the talents I give up for Meditation, 3rd point in Concentration, and Inner Focus. I might try to grab Mental Agility for Renew as well.

  4. #4

    Re: Have a good Holy Build?

    I've found this to be a very good holy build.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

  5. #5

    Re: Have a good Holy Build?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti
    I've found this to be a very good holy build.
    agreed, this works great with your discipline gear as well, just heal with discipline and pew pew farm with this.

  6. #6

    Re: Have a good Holy Build?

    I've found this to be a very good holy build.
    What's that hybrid mash for?

  7. #7

    Re: Have a good Holy Build?

    /facepalm

    which planet are you from that you don't know the Infamous Smite WtfPwned Holy DPS Build?

    but in all seriousness, it's a holy dps farming build for priests designed to maximize your smite and holy fire damage. fast and efficient, great for long hours of boring grind and can wipe the floor on a damage meter.

    just late night trolling from a friendly priest. good day.


  8. #8

    Re: Have a good Holy Build?

    hehe, I've never seen such a profound spec. Grats sir! ;D

    I should've clarified in the OP, I'm looking for raid Holy spec's that players are having good performance with. I'll have to try out the Legendary Infamous Smite WtfPwned Holy DPS Build on the 80-90 stretch next expansion.

  9. #9
    High Overlord
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Posts
    176

    Re: Have a good Holy Build?

    Just get meditation and your mana problems are solved ... no priest , neither shadow , disc or holy should be without it , hope that helps
    "Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted" ~Einstein
    Wish more people would take that to heart.

  10. #10

    Re: Have a good Holy Build?

    I've found this to be a very good holy build.
    Whoa, I thought you were kidding Kelesti. Either you hold a long joke, or you're on the advanced cutting edge of Priest spec-technology Mark II closeshave. Are you really raiding with that build, and how are you on the meters?

    http://holyfirespec.blogspot.com/

  11. #11

    Re: Have a good Holy Build?

    Quote Originally Posted by fibre
    Whoa, I thought you were kidding Kelesti. Either you hold a long joke, or you're on the advanced cutting edge of Priest spec-technology Mark II closeshave. Are you really raiding with that build, and how are you on the meters?

    http://holyfirespec.blogspot.com/
    I'm just starting to gear up, unfortunately I'd been passing even on the offset gear until now because I'd been saying to myself and my entire raid "I'm never going shadow". And now, I have smite. So now my highest priority is getting me hitcap, as 14% is a little difficult to make up for with just gear alone. I'll keep you up to date.

    Edit: And for the record, it was Xel who gave me this inspiration, and that's his site.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

  12. #12

    Re: Have a good Holy Build?

    @ Fibre: Not taking Meditation is the reason why you were oom so fast
    Not taking Serpendipity as someone suggested, is a bad idea for a raiding Holy Priest; Don't drop it unless you don't love non-heroism 1.5-1.7s ProH / GH cast (I know my healers do).
    Drop Body and Soul, it's a gimmick talent. It can be useful if people in your raid are slow in reacting to aoe / kiting, but if they are awake then BnS aren't that much help (probably a small dps increase though, but not significant)

    I know your healing style does not involved GH, however I still think it would be better to pick Divine Fury up instead of Spellwarding, Blessed Recovery & Healing Prayer, just in case you are assigned to watch the tank besides raid healing.

    Here is talent holy priests in my guild using, with some little changes here and there, but not too much different from this:
    http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?prie...1&version=9767

    and they are doing well on healing & mana =) Hope it helps

  13. #13

    Re: Have a good Holy Build?

    My holy build is like this. I maximized my raidhealing efficiency over greater heal, because I have disc mainspec for that.

    But since I rarely use holy for raids and I even prefer to be disc on vortexes then holy, I'm changing to the famous smitespec in the upcoming patch when we get talent resets

  14. #14

    Re: Have a good Holy Build?

    Quote Originally Posted by iebe
    My holy build is like this. I maximized my raidhealing efficiency over greater heal, because I have disc mainspec for that.

    But since I rarely use holy for raids and I even prefer to be disc on vortexes then holy, I'm changing to the famous smitespec in the upcoming patch when we get talent resets
    All from that one patch of yours, Xel. You should feel proud.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

  15. #15

    Re: Have a good Holy Build?

    My healing build.

    http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?prie...0&version=9767

    Body and Soul because there are a lot of bomb debuffs going on. It really really helps.
    No Empowered Healing because my heals are strng enough already.
    Only one talent in empowered renew because renew still sucks compared to the other heals, this is for proccing holy concentration.
    Mental Agility because i really really need the mana.
    Holy Reach because I'm silly

    The rest is pretty clear cut.

    As for the "lolsmitebuild", I went with that as my second specc and I'm totally in love with it. It rocks for farming mobs. All mobs die before they even reach me, and my manabar never falters. I've managed to scare a deathknight into fleeing before me by dealing 14k damage to him in a seriously short timeframe. I actually killed a mage while having my fishing pole equipped, he just... died. I totally blame him for trying to pom-pyro me while I was fishing, but I was seriously shocked after just killing him like that. I've never killed anyone in a 1v1 duel before. This build made it possible.
    Non-discipline since 2006. Also: fails. "Chakra, when the walls fell"

  16. #16

    Re: Have a good Holy Build?

    That's the point of it danner, it's fun and for alot of people, the shadow playstyle just isn't. I think that's all that really needs to be said on that matter.

    Fun > omega deeps
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

  17. #17

    Re: Have a good Holy Build?

    Fun > omega deeps
    I've had a big shift towards this kind of thinking myself. Fun is far more important than having the "best" spec-build, role, spell-rotation, group-makeup, or whatever. And after awhile of having the "cookie-cutter" spec because it's the best for your role gets boring, it's time to experiment and play with new talents/spells.




  18. #18

    Re: Have a good Holy Build?

    This is the spec I'm going to be working with for now.

    http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?prie...6&version=9767

    Been offline for a couple weeks so today will be my first step into Ulduar. But I've been running some old raids and the new boss in 25m VoA and had no mana issues and topped the healing meter by 4%. To be honest though the other healers in the Pug raid where lacking and it was a ton of AE damage being taken so all my spells had a chance to shine.
    Science started out as a form of Magic.
    When Science is advanced enough Magic is dispelled.
    Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from Magic.

    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...istract/simple

  19. #19

    Re: Have a good Holy Build?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti
    I've found this to be a very good holy build.
    When are you droppin' SoL for max deeps? =P. They are better spent in Imp SW:P.

  20. #20

    Re: Have a good Holy Build?

    Quote Originally Posted by SpiritusVex
    When are you droppin' SoL for max deeps? =P. They are better spent in Imp SW:P.
    I'm holding my breath for Glyph of Surging Light.

    I was actually going to ask you what your opinion was on priority when Surge of Light procs off your last smite before you refresh your DoTs (seeing as if Holy Fire crits, well, that may have been just a wasted SoL). But hey, I guess you wouldn't know the answer to that one.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •