Skinning vs Alchemy (Resto Druid)

Originally when I made my Druid I picked Skinning+Alchemy purely for profit being I was on a new server/faction. It worked out well while leveling and paid for all my mounts including swift flight form and it was easy enough to keep up with.

Now however Borean Leather costs like 1g50c for a stack however it only sells for 10g. I didn't mind it too much because it was pretty much free gold but now herbs are selling rather cheap to.

Now on my original server I'm also leveling a Mage with Herb/Alch and whilst I haven't even tried to make any gold I'm finding it real easy to level it.

But I'm not sure if its worth it, in general is selling herbs and skins by themselves or making flasks and such better for profit?

(Also leveling a Pally with Mining+JC but it'll be a while till she gets to Northrend gems)

Re: Skinning vs Alchemy (Resto Druid)

Quote Originally Posted by Wintie
    Originally when I made my Druid I picked Skinning+Alchemy purely for profit being I was on a new server/faction. It worked out well while leveling and paid for all my mounts including swift flight form and it was easy enough to keep up with.

Now however Borean Leather costs like 1g50c for a stack however it only sells for 10g. I didn't mind it too much because it was pretty much free gold but now herbs are selling rather cheap to.

Now on my original server I'm also leveling a Mage with Herb/Alch and whilst I haven't even tried to make any gold I'm finding it real easy to level it.

But I'm not sure if its worth it, in general is selling herbs and skins by themselves or making flasks and such better for profit?

(Also leveling a Pally with Mining+JC but it'll be a while till she gets to Northrend gems)
    Only JC makes decent money now and days. Stick with gathering for money. Alch saves you money, though, as you use a lot less elixirs/flasks.

Re: Skinning vs Alchemy (Resto Druid)

Alch with elixir mastery for the win. I just farmed 7 Frost Lotus in like an hour today and made a boatload of flasks. Procs are lovely.
    Personal site: http://fuh-q.com
    My Kitteh's personal site: http://kitteh.in