Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Wow, AMS Nerfed to 50% now. (NOT ABOUT TANKING, PvP ORIENTED ONLY).

This is stupid. I can get owned HARD by casters if i don't have AMS at all. I RELY on ams for 3 things.

1). So I dont get insta-nuked
    2). So I no magical debuffs can apply themselves to me.
    3). Runic Power for Frost Strikes (I'm frost)

With this nerf, I will recieve much less runic power due to AMS dropping in pretty much 1 or 2 attacks, which can be 1 GCD. Which means you can apply debuffs to me. Which means i get can still get insta-gibbed the next 2 GCD's later.

If Anti-Magic Shell was able to remove existing magical debuffs, giving you 10 runic power per magical application removed, in addition to what it currently does now, I'd be more than satisfied. Your goal is to make Death Knights not able to tank magical fights MUCH better than other classes, fine. But you're hurting my PvP. I'm not an OP Unholy DK, I'm not even blood.

I'm frost. I rely on that runic power much more than other specs to deal out my damage, and it will be hurt a lot by this. Not only that, but I just don't have the raw stopping pvp-utility focus other specs of my class have.

Please consider this. And if someone could post it on the WoW forums if they like it, all the better. I try not to post there due to my urge to flame people here. MMO-CHAMPION has a much more relaxed atmosphere. So i like to post here.

And hell. What would really be great, is to just turn Anti-Magic-Shell into an ability that reduces all magical damage by 25% for 8 seconds. And reduces critical strikes of all magical spells 100% for that duration. It would keep its immunity of getting debuffs, and runic power absorbtion effects.

Problem is, AMS is no longer going to be able to prevent getting focused and gibbed. Becuase they can just break through the bubble in 1 or 2 GCD's.

Re: Wow, AMS Nerfed to 50% now.

Quote Originally Posted by Vayde
    So if it's up to a maximum of 50% does that mean the standard version will only be 25% then? Seeing as there are talents in Unholy to give you an extra 25%. Now that would be just too much.
    What are you talking about
    Reject common sense to make the impossible possible!

Please stop qq'ing about ams... It is really imba still the main factor is 5 seconds where no debuffs will get placed on you so you'll be able to keep hitting that caster. Absorbing all that dmg is not what it's meant to do; still a great spell.

This shouldn't really affect us that much in PVP. 12.5k magic damage is still a hell of a lot to absorb in 5 seconds.

From a tanking perspective I'm a little worried. It was a lifesaver on stuff like Mimiron. But it's not gamebreaking.

Quote Originally Posted by skaarrj
    This is stupid. I can get owned HARD by casters if i don't have AMS at all. I RELY on ams for 3 things.

With this nerf, I will recieve much less runic power due to AMS dropping in pretty much 1 or 2 attacks, which can be 1 GCD. Which means you can apply debuffs to me. Which means i get can still get insta-gibbed the next 2 GCD's later.

If Anti-Magic Shell was able to remove existing magical debuffs, giving you 10 runic power per magical application removed, in addition to what it currently does now, I'd be more than satisfied. Your goal is to make Death Knights not able to tank magical fights MUCH better than other classes, fine. But you're hurting my PvP. I'm not an OP Unholy DK, I'm not even blood.

I'm frost. I rely on that runic power much more than other specs to deal out my damage, and it will be hurt a lot by this. Not only that, but I just don't have the raw stopping pvp-utility focus other specs of my class have.

Please consider this. And if someone could post it on the WoW forums if they like it, all the better. I try not to post there due to my urge to flame people here. MMO-CHAMPION has a much more relaxed atmosphere. So i like to post here.

Your worried about the pvp stuff, am worried about the pve stuff. having this nerf is HUGE on DK tanks.... Hell, yesterday I was tanking Mimiron and when he use PLASMA I pop AMS and I almost die... with this nerf I will SURELY die. gg

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Vayde
    So if it's up to a maximum of 50% does that mean the standard version will only be 25% then? Seeing as there are talents in Unholy to give you an extra 25%. Now that would be just too much.
    No, it will still absorb 75% damage (100% if specced in unholy), but it will automatically disappear if you suffer damage equal to 50% of your total hp.

Kinda fat nerf to my tank.

They've been going back and forth with this like crazy since 3.1 PTR

Definately nerf to tanking, but it was pretty OP for some encounters

Hmm i guess its all about mimiron.. so now u shouldnt specc into it if ure unholy. Coz if u absorb 100% it will last less long while if u only absorb 75% it will last longer. And ure easy healable trough that 75% Absorb

40k raid buffed hp, is still 20k reduction

plenty for the bosses slow cast epic blast that youre meant to be potentially hit by

if its a boss "hide or wipe", 500k dmg spell, then you cant tank it anymore
    Reject common sense to make the impossible possible!

Quote Originally Posted by Talamare
    40k raid buffed hp, is still 20k reduction

plenty for the bosses slow cast epic blast that youre meant to be potentially hit by

if its a boss "hide or wipe", 500k dmg spell, then you cant tank it anymore
    pretty much this
    no fag

Deleted

Sorry guise,a near-50k damage shield on demand kinda made you the mandatory tank for encounters like Mimiron and others with spike spell damage on the tank.Did you seriously not expect this change after seeing how mandatory you become,especially for some hardmodes?

kriS411

Quote Originally Posted by idpersona
    Did you seriously not expect this change after seeing how mandatory you become,especially for some hardmodes?
    no

What hardmodes are DKs mandatory for?

Quote Originally Posted by badrsadiq

Your worried about the pvp stuff, am worried about the pve stuff. having this nerf is HUGE on DK tanks.... Hell, yesterday I was tanking Mimiron and when he use PLASMA I pop AMS and I almost die... with this nerf I will SURELY die. gg
    I will tell you something, yesterday I was at Mimiron also (for the first time) and our MT (warrior) died twice before we learned how to proper heal him through and now guess what.. its perfectly doable WITHOUT cooldowns if healers pay attention. Its not easymode for DK burning cds when healers sleeps. If you surely die because you AMS absorbs half, then there is something wrong with your raid.

Quote Originally Posted by skaarrj

Thats true. Because we all know how terrible defenses frost dks have with full hp ams, unbreakable armor which is pretty much like a bubble and icebound fortitude reducing extra 20% damage.. GIVE DKS MOAR DEF CDS FFS!

Quote Originally Posted by MooReturns
    unbreakable armor which is pretty much like a bubble
    hhahahahhahaha, shows how much you know about dks.

obviously you have no clue.

Quote Originally Posted by bujaberry
    hhahahahhahaha, shows how much you know about dks.

obviously you have no clue.
    laugh more in pvp u might as well stop hitting a dk with unbreakable armor up.. it absorbs a shit load of damage on top of other cds

Quote Originally Posted by IhazFailburgerz
    /target random mindless QQer
    /pity

seriously why even bother complaining on something you dont know?
    since when was this thread about me complaining?

its dks and palas complaining if all their op-ness is nerfed they cry themselves to sleep

and dont get me started on talking about new prot pala pvp healers

here's an idea.. everybody roll dks and palas and we will all be braindead in a couple of weeks congratulating each others great pvp accomplishments while afking

Quote Originally Posted by kriS411
    no

What hardmodes are DKs mandatory for?
    Other than 3Drake and 6 min maly?

ROFL @ Death knights QQing

Quote Originally Posted by Vampyrr
    Other than 3Drake and 6 min maly?
    Old content is old?