Haste EP from Enhsim > AP?

I'm just wondering if anyone else is getting this or if it is something funky with my stats/config. It doesn't beat out AP ep by much but I'm getting a haste ep value of 2.01. While I'm not going to go crazy and regem for haste over ap, if real it is def something I'd like to note when choosing gear upgrades. I just know people have been talking about haste a lot since the buff but from what I've been reading the general consensus is that ap>haste. Thoughts/observations?

Below is the ep values output.

Code:
    EP            value   DPS    total DPS   difference

baseline                   5814.10
    ap            1.00   0.55   5849.53    35.43
    crit rating        1.89   1.05   5862.29    48.19
    hit rating        -3.44   -1.90   5757.03    -57.07
    expertise rating     -2.34   -1.29   5771.67    -42.43
    haste rating       2.01   1.11   5850.75    36.65
    armor penetration rating 1.50   0.83   5826.56    12.46
    spellpower        1.04   0.58   5830.20    16.10
    mh dps          5.74   3.18   5845.89    31.79
    oh dps          2.43   1.35   5827.57    13.47
    strength         1.10   
    agility          1.77   
    intelligence*       1.42   
    spirit          0.00   0.00   0.00      -5814.10
    mana           0.00   0.00   0.00      -5814.10
    mp5            0.00   0.00   0.00      -5814.10
    Sim time was only 10k hours but I ran it a few times just to make sure it wasn't some fluke and always came out the same. If you'd like to see my config file let me know and I'll post it.
    "They don't like it when you shoot at 'em. I worked that out myself." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds

Objects in mirrors are your elbows.

Ciarra: Draenei Enhancement Shaman

Re: Haste EP from Enhsim > AP?

i'm not at home right now, but i also got haste EP values over 2.0... last one simmed out was around 2.3 ... i think its absolutely possible to get haste rating that high, if you got bis (naxx) equip and all ("normal") raidbuffs possible. at least i didn't hear//read anyone stating something else

Deleted

The big big big problem with using EP figures is that if you did swap out all your AP gems for haste gems you might then find that the new EP value for haste was 1.9 and AP still 2. Do you then swap AP back again?

EP values are ONLY valid for the kit you have currently equipped. As soon as you change anything you must re-do the sim to check the results otherwise you may just have lowered your dps. So its a painful business deciding to swap all your gems for a different stat as you then have to re-calculate everything for that new configuration.

It's a simulator, go simulate!

See what the impact will be of changing your AP to haste and subtract spellpower accordingly, that's the beauty of EnhSim.

Hit rating scores really high with you though... double of what I'm getting with my config using all buffs and with EnhSim 1.6.8. Haste (currently sporting a whopping 2.5% haste) comes out at about 1.5 for me. Other than that, my personal results are quite comparable.

I've had that too, haste scored 2.09 for me in using SS/FT/LS glyphs, replacing FT with WF haste dropped to 1.91. That was just after 3.1 hit and I was trying my first simulations, did some regemming since and should try again.

Yea Levva, that is why I'm not too worried about regemming or anything but having a haste ep that high shines a better light on all that haste on gear. Sure I could swap out a couple pieces of gear and maybe have haste ep drop but I'm glad to see that it has turned out to be a pretty solid dps stat.

Hit rating scores really high with you though... double of what I'm getting with my config using all buffs and with EnhSim 1.6.8. Haste (currently sporting a whopping 2.5% haste) comes out at about 1.5 for me. Other than that, my personal results are quite comparable.
    Yea, I have my ep values for hit and expertise set negative so the dps change (and thus given ep value) is calculated against losing hit/exp and dropping below cap. I believe it is suposed to give more accurate results since values for those stats after cap aren't worth much.
    "They don't like it when you shoot at 'em. I worked that out myself." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds

Objects in mirrors are your elbows.

Ciarra: Draenei Enhancement Shaman

To the OP, possibly try downloading Rawr and you could swap out the gems and export to enhsim. Lev has done some good work so that we could very easily swap gear/gems/enchants and export to enhsim.