New Hymns Targets

Do the Hymns stick to the 3 "low" people they initially hit or, lets say Divine Hymn tops 1 of the first 3 low health people off it ticks on, will it switch to the next low health person near by? I haven't had a chance to use it yet and the tool tip says maximum of 12 heals so I was thinking it can bounce around as needed like a "dynamic smart heal" lol.

Thanks in advance for any info!

EX - <PIE CHART> US TOP 10 Check 'em out http://piechart-guild.com/

Re: New Hymns Targets

I believe it actually does bounce around, same for hymn of hope(lesness).

Whenever I used it at Razorgore 25m last week when the raid was taking big damage I managed to keep the raid topped off with this spell, suggesting that it does indeed bump around.

I'll see if recount shows which targets the spell healed, it might be easier to figure out then if more then 3 people got healed after using it once.

Another way to test it is in a heroic party where everybody took damage and then using the spell (though it's kinda overkill for 5 men parties), if the spell only heals 3/5 people then it doesn't bump, if everybody is topped off then it does.

I'm not sure but I think hymn of hope also bumps around.

15+ Year Old Account

ya its a smart heal, probably the best in the game

Confirmed. Hits those who need it most with each tick (and hitting for 8-13k per tick it would be a little lackluster if it didn't tick, with most targets being overhealed after 1st tick or 2 otherwise).

What I'm still waiting on is to see what the actual CD on the spell will be. Blizzard's description and patch notes both reference the spell being on a 6 minute CD, up from 5, but on live it's currently 10 minutes.

Lethal, Thunderhorn-US
    (US #1 2-night guild WoD)
    Tues/Thurs 7-11pm CT
    EN 7/7 Heroic

Puts the "Super" in Supermod Venara's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by tehmark
    ya its a smart heal, probably the best in the game
    This.

Both hymn spells change targets every 2 sec (if necessary). DH heals for insane amounts. With raid buff you can easily get ~150k of healing out of it over 8 sec. Best thing is if you are withing range of your tank you can channel it without having to worry about him, since DH will heal him if needed.

@Bigslick:

The patch is live since tuesday/wednesday (eu). You could have checked what the CD is...DH has 10 minutes, HoH 6 minutes.
    For Moderation Concerns, please contact a Global:
    TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

Quote Originally Posted by Dascia

Whenever I used it at Razorgore 25m...
    wah?
    25 man BWL? XD

Regardless, good post.

Quote Originally Posted by Venara
    @Bigslick:

The patch is live since tuesday/wednesday (eu). You could have checked what the CD is...DH has 10 minutes, HoH 6 minutes.
    ....no. It's 6 minutes, per patch notes:

The latest patch notes can always be found at http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/patchnotes/

Divine Hymn redesigned: You recite a Holy hymn, summoning the power of the Divine to assist you in your time of need. Heals 3 nearby lowest-health friendly party or raid targets for 4960-5208 every 2 seconds for 8 seconds, and increases healing done to them by 15% for 8 seconds. Maximum of 12 heals. The Priest must channel to maintain the spell. Cooldown increased to 6 minutes, up from 5.

Lethal, Thunderhorn-US
    Tues/Thurs 7-11pm CT
    EN 7/7 Heroic

Quote Originally Posted by Bigslick
    ....no. It's 6 minutes, per patch notes:

The latest patch notes can always be found at http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/patchnotes/
    Its 10 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Saleos
    Its 10 minutes.
    ok.... So pardon me if I'm not getting this...

The patch notes clearly state it is supposed to have been changed from 5 minutes to 6 minutes. I quoted it above, and it is still that way at Blizzard's link to the most updated notes on live. In game it is 10 minutes. I know this, and stated this.

That leaves the question, is it a glitch in live that needs to be fixed to 6 minutes, or a change (which was never indicated anywhere including any blue posts I've been able to find) that they introduced at the last moment without notice and failed to update to the patch notes.

Unless you can provide a blue post stating it is supposed to be 10 minutes, I'm assuming it's a glitch in live and needs to be fixed to 6.

Lethal, Thunderhorn-US
    Tues/Thurs 7-11pm CT
    EN 7/7 Heroic

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Bigslick
    ok.... So pardon me if I'm not getting this...

The patch notes clearly state it is supposed to have been changed from 5 minutes to 6 minutes. I quoted it above, and it is still that way at Blizzard's link to the most updated notes on live. In game it is 10 minutes. I know this, and stated this.

That leaves the question, is it a glitch in live that needs to be fixed to 6 minutes, or a change (which was never indicated anywhere including any blue posts I've been able to find) that they introduced at the last moment without notice and failed to update to the patch notes.

Unless you can provide a blue post stating it is supposed to be 10 minutes, I'm assuming it's a glitch in live and needs to be fixed to 6.
    The 6 minutes was during the PTR build when DH was re-added as a place-holder. They then drastically reworked the spell to what it is now. The one we have at the moment is designed to have a 10 minute cooldown. Patch notes dont always include everything that gets changed.

divine hymn is pretty powerful now, from my experience it does kind of 'Smart' heal.

say your in a 10 man, 4 ppl get hit for 10k and you start casting divine hymn ... it will tick for about 30k+ (total on all targets) at least it does for me.

then again if 1 of them ppl gets healed full, the hymn will heal somone else instead thats lower on HP.

i didnt notice hymn of hope that much but i think its the same thing .. if 4 ppl are low on mana, 1 pots it switches to the lowest 3 :P

Quote Originally Posted by -Ethos-
    The 6 minutes was during the PTR build when DH was re-added as a place-holder. They then drastically reworked the spell to what it is now. The one we have at the moment is designed to have a 10 minute cooldown. Patch notes dont always include everything that gets changed.
    Fair enough. But I find it suspect that they would update the spell in the patch notes to reflect the changes made in their drastic rework of the spell and then neglect to update the single aspect of the CD.

Lethal, Thunderhorn-US
    Tues/Thurs 7-11pm CT
    EN 7/7 Heroic

It is also a good Spell for Shadows who wants to help heal on certain circumstances:>

It heals 10k per Tick

10min CD means its usable once a fight while the manareg hymn is useable twice if needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Autodidact
    wah?
    25 man BWL? XD

Regardless, good post.
    Ehm.. Razorsomething, the 2nd one we're doing in Ulduar. ;D
    You, know.. the big flying proto drake thingy. :P

(I suck so badly with boss names, I just know to kill them and how to loot them! Rawr.)

[edit]
    Btw, it's imba to use it on Ignis after Hotpot with 500 haste, I healed for 150k+ in 2,5 - 3 sec!
    Talking about pretty number spam. :P

Quote Originally Posted by glowyrm
    Do the Hymns stick to the 3 "low" people they initially hit or, lets say Divine Hymn tops 1 of the first 3 low health people off it ticks on, will it switch to the next low health person near by? I haven't had a chance to use it yet and the tool tip says maximum of 12 heals so I was thinking it can bounce around as needed like a "dynamic smart heal" lol.

Thanks in advance for any info!
    Jumps to whoever is low on health, it's not a stationary heal.
    If used wisely, you can heal up to 60k during its duration!