Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Re: ret dps in ulduar

Quote Originally Posted by Kuthumii
    It really is amusing see all these scrubs tote their xt-002 DPS as something to be proud of.

Newsflash: You get a fracking DPS buff when you attack the heart scrubs!

That said, I was able to hit 5900 DPS on Kologarn two weeks in a row. Most other fights I am between 4300 and 5000 though. Still managed to get 4300 on Steelbreaker and I am responsible for Cleansing the debuff the tank gets after Fusion Punch. I am not happy with our DPS though.
    Lol, why would you attack others in your following post after mentioning how you did 5900 DPS on an AOE boss? Good work. At any rate, no, our dps is generally too low and while we still bring significant raid utility in the form of JoL, it is not sufficient to make up for the serious gap that has developed between the top dps classes and hybrid classes, ours specifically. It will be interesting to see if this gap widens or narrows as people improve their gear.

This is the kind of posts we don't need. Scrub post period. XT-002 gives you a DPS buff so that fight is extremely flawed as a fight to use as a marker.

You are fine with our DPS being subar because we bring a few decent utility spells? (Hint: Most of our good utility can be covered by other classes.), and subpar healing? You are a DPS spec, you should not be penalized for your ability to heal or your utility until you use it; if you don't use it, you shouldn't be affected.
    Oh. Lemme tell you something about Ulduar and your so-called "extremly flawed fight to use as a marker".

Razorscale: You do damage to like 100 targets through the whole fight
    XT002: You morron already enlightened us
    Iron Coucil: Depending on luck, +50% dmg buff
    Kologarn: Multi-target dmg
    Auriaya: Multi-target dmg
    Hodir: zomg the buffs
    Thorim: zomg 100000 mobs
    Freya: Multi-target dmg
    Mimiron: Single-target, Multi-target and Movement
    Vezax: Movement (a bit)
    Yogg-saron: Feels like an instance, not a single boss

and NOW tell me, on which boss in this whole raid i could fuckin be proud of my DPS u stupid morron.
    Wake up, theres no Patchwerk here.

Quote Originally Posted by Aloysius
    Lol, why would you attack others in your following post after mentioning how you did 5900 DPS on an AOE boss? Good work. At any rate, no, our dps is generally too low and while we still bring significant raid utility in the form of JoL, it is not sufficient to make up for the serious gap that has developed between the top dps classes and hybrid classes, ours specifically. It will be interesting to see if this gap widens or narrows as people improve their gear.
    Really, it took you that long to figure out what I did, did it? Did I not follow that up with what I get on most other encounters? I guess using your brain failed for you. Read a post before you comment please.

Quote Originally Posted by Kishin
    Oh. Lemme tell you something about Ulduar and your so-called "extremly flawed fight to use as a marker".

Razorscale: You do damage to like 100 targets through the whole fight
    XT002: You morron already enlightened us
    If you are going to attempt to flame someone, do so with proper spelling. This only made you look like a moron. Thanks I needed a good laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by Kishin
    Iron Coucil: Depending on luck, +50% dmg buff
    Kologarn: Multi-target dmg
    Auriaya: Multi-target dmg
    Hodir: zomg the buffs
    Thorim: zomg 100000 mobs
    Freya: Multi-target dmg
    Mimiron: Single-target, Multi-target and Movement
    Vezax: Movement (a bit)
    Yogg-saron: Feels like an instance, not a single boss

and NOW tell me, on which boss in this whole raid i could fuckin be proud of my DPS u stupid morron.
    Wake up, theres no Patchwerk here.
    Again, if you are going to flame, do so with proper spelling. Moron. No, there isn't a patchwerk here, but bragging about an encounter where you get 100% damage increase three times. Is the same as bragging about your DPS on Thaddius.

If you know how to use WWS you can find your single target DPS on bosses and compare it to that of other classes. Can you simply look at Recount or WWS main page and go "ZOMG I did 8k DPS I r l33t" anymore? No. You need to learn use the tools available to you.

15+ Year Old Account

our rets are still doing ~6k dps regardless of which ever boss we do in Ulduar. But our one DK, Jesselyn, is now doing 7k+ as frost spec and her vids she records of our kills is bursty to the extreme. I can recall a few weeks ago when she posted our XT kill she was doing 10k+ frost strikes w/ zerker buff.

So far our top ret, Kesmer, is having a blast at doing 1031 heals/per hit with his JoL. He still cant top our top 3 healers tho :P (resto druid #1, myself #2, holy priest #3). But then again, flexing over healing charts is like streching your noes into the sky or licking your own ass imo. Healing meters should only show who and how much is healing. As long as all 6 healers are even in percentage its perfect. Having one person do 27% and the rest doing 14% is an issue or overhealing spammage or laziness.

Kuthumii

I read both of your posts, and found both to be ignorant while also being offensive to other people, even if the general gist of what you were saying is probably correct. People are only responding to your arrogance and, with your own retorts, the only person looking to make a fool of himself is you.

Your statement regarding 5900 dps on Kologarn implies that you think that's a reasonable number. Yet you give no examples of what anyone else in your raid is doing. DPS is all relative. My brain is not failing, it took me no less than 5 seconds to figure out "what you did," and that you clearly have issues. "What you did" was worthless. What I did was try to get you off your invisible high horse and then move on with the discussion in a productive manner. I guess you can't take your own heat, but that's not surprising.

Kishin

Your post is not helpful and only fuels the flames so Kuthumii feels vindicated in his jack-assery. Your assessment of the ulduar fights are also generic and generally incorrect. The idea is to set a benchmark on each fight and recognize that they all have different elements which will benefit some classes and impede others. After stripping out the outliers, then you can tell where your dps lies. Patchwerk, by the way, was determined not to be an accurate test, but it's the easiest one there is.

Masterpd85

Ret can hit 10K with a crusader strike and zerker buff up. XT is also not a great fight to choose because of the heart debuff and the random element of light bomb/gravity bomb often interrupting DPS time. I have noticed, however, that our DK's are doing particularly well on the charts, often more than 10% above me despite virtually BiS pre-ulduar gear, which brings up a very interesting point: ret was nerfed primarily because of PvP where blizzard felt we could dish out a huge amount of damage in a short period of time. DK's were theoretically nerfed for this reason as well. Yet if you look at the changes made to each class, ret took a significant PvE hit where DK's did not (relatively speaking). This again is a classic example of underpowering PvE due to PvP changes.

With that said, there is clearly a class overhaul coming, so we don't just sit there staring at action bars, waiting for our next ability to come off cooldown. As it stands right now, Blizz did a decent, but not good enough job balancing our dps loss in ulduar and balancing out PvP (which did need to be nerfed), but we will see what happens in the near future.

15+ Year Old Account

Again, if you are going to flame, do so with proper spelling. Moron. No, there isn't a patchwerk here, but bragging about an encounter where you get 100% damage increase three times. Is the same as bragging about your DPS on Thaddius.
    If you are going to flame, do so with proper sentence structure. Why did. You stop. Your sentence. In the middle. Of a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Swampmoose
    If you are going to flame, do so with proper sentence structure. Why did. You stop. Your sentence. In the middle. Of a thought.
    I didn't. It was two thoughts. Glad you couldn't understand that.

I'm shocked with ret dps in general, it's very good now. I've never been ret before but had collected a very nice set over time, stepped into OS 25, and made a killing on the meter. I did reading on ElitistJerks so I wasn't totally uninformed on what to do as ret. Haven't been into Ulduar as ret, but I can imagine that it's pretty nice as well.
    Personal site: http://fuh-q.com
    My Kitteh's personal site: http://kitteh.in

with the amount of add fights during bosses ret dps is realy top notch, we run with 2 and they are always in top 5

Quote Originally Posted by Holyana
    I'm shocked with ret dps in general, it's very good now. I've never been ret before but had collected a very nice set over time, stepped into OS 25, and made a killing on the meter. I did reading on ElitistJerks so I wasn't totally uninformed on what to do as ret. Haven't been into Ulduar as ret, but I can imagine that it's pretty nice as well.
    I was usually top dps in OS 25 as well, primarily due to AoE damage on the trash and the little fire spawns/whelps. If you've read EJ carefully, you'd note that it is fairly accepted that we are doing lower dps, but the question is whether or not our raid utility makes up for that shortfall. I've been to ulduar plenty of times, and while I am easily able to hold my own, there are certain classes and members who were below me who now do significantly more damage than I do (combination of nerfs and buffs, some deserved, others less so).

Nizjub

"with the amount of add fights during bosses ret dps is realy top notch, we run with 2 and they are always in top 5"

This is not a very good line of reasoning, primarily because our main priority usually is not to clean up the trash, but to single target the boss. Being top DPS on a fight by doing AoE damage to non-primary targets is not always beneficial (I clean up on Kologarn but 15-30% of my damage done is done to his left arm which we never kill). I'm not trying to say that aoeing is useless; far from it. But the fact that we frequently cannot compete with other direct damage classes on a single target basis is a real issue, even factoring in the hybrid discount.

15+ Year Old Account

I didn't. It was two thoughts. Glad you couldn't understand that.

Again, if you are going to flame, do so with proper spelling. Moron. No, there isn't a patchwerk here, but bragging about an encounter where you get 100% damage increase three times is the same as bragging about your DPS on Thaddius.
    You. Sir. Are. An. Idiot.

I fixed it for you since you couldn't figure out on your own what you had done wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by distantarray
    I dunno I'm happy atm esp cause RET DPS has the most to offer out of any melee dps class in the game.

Hand of Sacrifice, Hand of Salvation, Blessing of protection, Lay of hands, Auras, Divine intervention (raid recovery) and Buffs.

Rogues, warriors, dk's don't even come close if talking about possibilities of helping the raid. IMO the other are more dps class and if we're out doing them clearly I'd be pissed if I were the other classes.
    I second this.,..i really enjoyed ulduar so far. Optimizing the time when you use divine sacrifice or spot healing a lot when learning an encounter feels much more than just beeing a melee class (changed from rogue after kiljaeden).

Quote Originally Posted by Swampmoose
    You. Sir. Are. An. Idiot.

I fixed it for you since you couldn't figure out on your own what you had done wrong.
    You are the idiot. The part you corrected, isn't a flame. If you want to correct me, then correct the correct part of my post. You said I this:

If you are going to flame, do so with proper sentence structure.
    The part you corrected was not part of the flame. The first two sentences where. Hence I did use proper sentence structure when I flamed him. I failed at it later in the post. You failed at your attempt to flame me. Gratz. Its hard to flame someone that leaves themselves open to it huh?

@Aloysius

/Care face. You finding it offensive and ignorant =/= it is. You telling me I am making myself look a fool =/= I am. That is your opinion, and the fact you are upset and found my post offensive then went on to make your own post which you know would be offensive to the person it was directed at; only speaks wonders about you.

Then you go on to tell other people their posts aren't helpful while at the same time.........not being helpful yourself. Hypocrite much?

If you want to call people out for doing something, don't in turn do it yourself. That makes you look like and idiot and a jack ass.

You are the idiot. The part you corrected, isn't a flame. If you want to correct me, then correct the correct part of my post. You said I this:
    rofl

@Aloysius

/Care face. You finding it offensive and ignorant =/= it is. You telling me I am making myself look a fool =/= I am. That is your opinion, and the fact you are upset and found my post offensive then went on to make your own post which you know would be offensive to the person it was directed at; only speaks wonders about you.
    I NEVER said I was upset, I just found it silly that you were attacking other people with no clear knowledge of your own to share. Furthermore, I wasn't doing it to upset you, which actually speaks louder to your own fragile character than my response which was worded to point out the flaws in your callous retorts.

Then you go on to tell other people their posts aren't helpful while at the same time.........not being helpful yourself. Hypocrite much?
    This entire response is unhelpful AND hypocritical. Me responding with positive criticism of an earlier post and then suggesting a helpful way to view the overall encounter plus providing legitimate insight into the overall landscape and coupling it with some facts really sounds unhelpful to me...wait, where was it...oh yes, didn't you say something about l2read posts earlier? I guess your brain must be failing, lmao

If you want to call people out for doing something, don't in turn do it yourself. That makes you look like and idiot and a jack ass.
    I refer you to this IN YOUR OWN PARAGRAPH
    You telling me I am making myself look a fool =/= I am.
    , which I probably shouldn't because it's a ridiculous argument, although swamp and I agreeing that you're an idiot somewhat validates our theory. In addition, I refer you to my above paragraph where I spell out for you the difference between being a lame flamer without a real opinion who cries when he is corrected about how he should act and a mature adult who carefully words his response so that he can give constructive feedback and actually have a back and forth discussion that is open for debate. If I were on your level, I simply would have written
    This is the kind of posts we don't need. Scrub post period.
    . If you're going to be the forum moderator, A. l2use english (This is the kind of posts we don't need = not english) and B. Have something valid to say and be able to carry a mature conversation.

15+ Year Old Account

The part you corrected was not part of the flame. The first two sentences where. Hence I did use proper sentence structure when I flamed him. I failed at it later in the post. You failed at your attempt to flame me. Gratz. Its hard to flame someone that leaves themselves open to it huh?

@Aloysius

I feel STUPITER every time you post.

15+ Year Old Account

Kuthumii, you bitch way too much. just leave the drama for the trolls

But the fact that we frequently cannot compete with other direct damage classes on a single target basis is a real issue, even factoring in the hybrid discount.
    I agree, i push myself a lot more than most of my guildies, yet so many of them just outdps me easily!

Did a 10man ulduar today and a rogue outdpsed me on vezax even tho he was focusing on kicking the flame casts, makes you wanna reroll.

Still, i like my paladin and i guess i bring some buffs for them. But maybe we would gain even more overall if i was a mage or rogue instead

Quote Originally Posted by Aloysius
    Ret can hit 10K with a crusader strike and zerker buff up.
    I lol'd irl

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Adamson
    I lol'd irl
    but its true! look at XT hearts phase....

well as ret doing 10 man VoA i kept hitting 2.6k-3.2k
    and im pre naxx gear.......well i got 2 things from naxx but still nothing like a set
    and some pvp gear on....
    no im not always gonna put in a lot of thought when i post
    and not all my posts are serious/true