This is my Arena spec...

Tell me what you think of my Arena spec for 3v3 and 2v2...Please be kind and tell me why its either good or bad. http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?

Re: This is my Arena spec...

opps messed up hold on

first you need to do something about that link....

edit: i jumped the gun...lots of things wrong with that build, your trying to go for a disc build without getting some of the key talents that make disc good.

holy tree, imo, you picked wrong talents

you need push back resist which your build doesn't have. speccing for Divine Aegist is pointless if you don't have atleast 25% holy crit, which you wont have for 2v2/3v3/5v5 either way. (maybe 5v5)....

focused will is a must for every pvp disc spec.

meditation and inner focus are arguably key talents in the disc tree. and imp grace is just awesome, you have it on your target with every penance (if they let you cast it atleast lol)

other than that, compare yours to mine, and you'll prob see what i'm talking about (also glyphs are my personal choice, there are several good ones for disc, but i say PS is a must have for any pvp disc build)

try this

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?prie...5&version=9806

didn't my 2nd link work?

but hey, don't take my word for it, i'm not a gladiator of any sort.

one thing about your build, why no reflective sheild?

its either reflective shield or silent resolve.

Reflective shield only works on you, not your partners. Its a big improvement over having it a 5 point talent and being useless on your partners. but for my pvp build i take 2/2 reflective 1/3 silent resolve, until they start focusing me (play with rogue, i'm usually cc target). but like i said, i could be wrong...go to arenajunkies.com for better pvp spec, they can give better explanation as to why x talent is better over y.

silent resolve works on a majority of your spells (buffs, and dots if i remember correctly).

edit: i take 0/2 reflective 3/3 silent (I, just can't figure where to put my last 3 pints so i usually stick it on silent resolve)

How is Meditation good? Maybe I don't understand it, what I understand is when your casting a spell it allows yours mana regeneration to continue to regan up to 50%. How is that good for arena? The longest spell cast you'll have is about 3 seconds so how is Meditation worth putting points in? Unless I am misunderstanding what it does in that case please correct me.

Also Divine Ageis, many people say dont put points into it unless you have a high crit...I have about 17crit, and about 70% of the time i use penance I get a bubble so I don't understand why i wouldnt want to put points into Divine Ageis.

Lastly why no Twin Disciplines? 5% more damage and healing seems good...

I don't think ANY mana-regen talents are good for the arena. But that's because my matches never lasted long, or when they did I certainly wasn't the last 2 standing (with very few exceptions, sometimes chit happens). But usually the Priest is target #1, and mana-regen abilities are just not used because I'm either dead, or the match is over fairly quickly.

You seem relatively new to WoW Misshooks, and I suppose it's understandable for you to not understand certain mechanics. When you look at your mana regeneration you'll see while casting and while not casting. When a spell is finished casting your mana regeneration instantly converts to the while casting category. This will stay at this point for FIVE seconds. This doesn't include the time the spell was casting, hence why you can keep casting but canceling at the last minute and continue to have unaffected regeneration.

Having that mana regeneration is extremely important as a healer in arena because a lot of times it's the only way you're getting mana back outside of getting out of combat for drinking or using 5 minute cooldowns. Also if you're stopping casting for 5 seconds for regeneration then you're most likely getting out of combat as well and it would be better to just drink water. A lot of games are won and lost on mana, so consider over 5 minutes if you gained 15,000 mana back from 3 talent points I would say it is definitely worth it, wouldn't you?

If you don't really trust you'll need it, then at least trust all of the 2200+ rated priests talent builds. I glanced at your talent build and it's completely wrong, I would suggest just copying a good priest, but to be honest play how you want. If you're bad your teammates will get tired of it and critique your bad talent build or just leave you.

ok that makes a lot more since to me about Meditation. My understanding of it was kinda off, I can see putting 3 talent points into Meditation worth it. As far as being new to wow i'm not new, but I am new to Priest and PVP/Arena. By the way what is Disc way of causing damage? For me its throwing dots up and getting a few holy fires out and reflective shield.....thats about it. How do you cause enough damage to take out your target?

Quote Originally Posted by Chaosgaurdian
    first you need to do something about that link....

edit: i jumped the gun...lots of things wrong with that build, your trying to go for a disc build without getting some of the key talents that make disc good.

holy tree, imo, you picked wrong talents

you need push back resist which your build doesn't have. speccing for Divine Aegist is pointless if you don't have atleast 25% holy crit, which you wont have for 2v2/3v3/5v5 either way. (maybe 5v5)....

focused will is a must for every pvp disc spec.

meditation and inner focus are arguably key talents in the disc tree. and imp grace is just awesome, you have it on your target with every penance (if they let you cast it atleast lol)

other than that, compare yours to mine, and you'll prob see what i'm talking about (also glyphs are my personal choice, there are several good ones for disc, but i say PS is a must have for any pvp disc build)

try this

Couple of things that are wrong with your build. (imo)

1) No points in renewed hope. It's a 3% Dmg reduction (with 50% proc chance with 1 point) since you will cast a shield on you and other on your partner (2vs2) and it has a 20sec duration it's almost 100% uptime, plus it's another buff to be dispelled and its raid-wide.

2) No reflective shield. It's a core talent if you play high rated, you have no ideia the pressure it puts on the dps'er if you los him from his healer, adding the dmg of both DoT's plus MB and (with luck) a Smite he will surelly leave you alone by that time, might even give a chance to pillar kite after he is back to 100%.

3) Spell Warding instead of Divine Fury. This depends on the your current gear and playstyle, I prefer playing offensively.

Here is what i think it's the ideal spec:

Xenun, even with a lot of Dispelling in Arena, I think I'd still prefer points from Absolution into Enlightenment for the Haste, if nothing else. Also, I'd probably consider putting at least 1 point in Blessed Recovery for dispel fodder. I also remember reading somewhere that Martyrdom was borderline useless with the changes to pushback, but considering that the talent doesn't give numbers for "reduces the pushback suffered from damaging attacks while casting Priest spells", it's hard to judge just how much it's worth.

Also FYI, you said give up Divine Fury for Spell Warding (with which I agree), but your build still has Divine Fury.

Well how does this look for talent points?
    http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?prie...0&version=9806

I wouldn't bother with Improved Fortitude, since Fort is almost always Dispelled in Arena, so it's more just another bit of dispel fodder than an actual buff, which makes improving it borderline pointless, and the 4% Stam, while nice, really isn't going to make a difference between living and dying. In general, a Discipline Priest's survival depends much more on the longevity of his mana and his ability to continue chain casting than on a little extra Stamina. Thus, I'd say Improved Flash Heal is a better place to spend your points because it will save you a considerable amount of mana and the extra crit on low health targets can very easily save a life.

A lot depends on your play style (more offensive or a more defensive) any your teammate(s). You cant pick up all the points in disc that are good for PvP so you have to sacrifice somewhere.

Ive been toying around with something like http://www.wowarmory.com/talent-calc...00000000000000 with a ret pally. I would forgo the spirit gear all together. It would take a lot more on both my and my partners part ensuring that wisdom was up but I can manage that. I think its about 7% base crit + 5% form Holy Specialization + 3 from Focused Will + 4% from renewed hope = 19% crit from talents. I could probably get around 25%+ crit with gear. Its not a cookie cutter spec but I think it has potential with a good pally.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Burning+Blade&cn=Ap%C3%A1che