Page 1 of 2
LastLast

We are on Algalon !

Hi,
    We unlocks Algalon 10 and are trying to it. The fight seems so hard !

Screenshots and fraps are incoming !

Wraith Guilde @ Ysondre - EU !

Re: We are on Algalon !

>_> DUU WANT!

gl, hope you wipe hard to super fun boss that stays un-defeated for along time!

;u

First screenshot :

"Time until Algalon transmits distress signal = 60 min."

I hope it's not another attempt by Blizzard to let you work on a boss for 1 hour / day or whatever it was.

Vael anyone?

Hard Mode Only Boss....if the rewards are nice...get over the hour crap....
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Any news on this fight?

Quote Originally Posted by Aion
    "Time until Algalon transmits distress signal = 60 min."

I hope it's not another attempt by Blizzard to let you work on a boss for 1 hour / day or whatever it was.

Vael anyone?
    It is. HOORAY! This honestly makes me thrilled. Guilds can't simply wipe on him for 15 hours straight and blow him up right away - they need to do it right.

Quote Originally Posted by Herecius
    It is. HOORAY! This honestly makes me thrilled. Guilds can't simply wipe on him for 15 hours straight and blow him up right away - they need to do it right.
    Smart move on Blizzard's part imo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenarius
    You sir, is a retard.

care to share your UI? :-X
    the stance buttons to be honest

Gratz. Would love to see a video of Freya and Mimiron hardmodes.
    "The world of games is in a kind of a trance. People are programmed to accept so little. But the possibilities are so great"

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account

GZ on getting up to that point
    also gief UI

If you are on Algalon one week after relasing 3.1 those Hard Modes on 10 man aren't that strong as it had to be thought, are they? Tell us sth about them. But i cant still get how did you do Freya with 3 Elders in first week of 3.1. Anyways, big gratz on doing that awesome job. Good Luck on first world Algalon kill. :>

Quote Originally Posted by Kizior
    If you are on Algalon one week after relasing 3.1 those Hard Modes on 10 man aren't that strong as it had to be thought, are they? Tell us sth about them. But i cant still get how did you do Freya with 3 Elders in first week of 3.1. Anyways, big gratz on doing that awesome job. Good Luck on first world Algalon kill. :>
    You have to remember that hard modes aren't designed to crush the very best guilds. If they made it that hard, we'd see 4% of the player base raiding again.
    I am all that is man.

Quote Originally Posted by Kizior
    Maybe you fail to realize that most guilds doing 10 man are fully geared in 25 man gear which makes the 10 man hard mode runs a hell of a lot easier. Getting strats down is one thing too, but this just takes a time investment and some people can put in a lot of time towards this. Plus the majority of guilds won't see this boss, or won't see him for a long while anyways.

one other thing to keep in mind, is that the 10 man is tuned for a raid in 10 man gear. How many people in that ss are rocking 25 man gear? not that the hardmodes are completely undoable in 10 man gear, but right now going in with better gear is a pretty big advantage.

i have to call BS on this. "they need to do it right"? what are you talking about? how is playing 15 hours till you beat the boss "wrong"?

what's the difference between wiping for 15 hours at once or 15 separate hours spread over 15 days? answer: NONE. well, wait... there is one... after 15 hours you'd get loot finally. the other way, you are missing out on at least one raid week.

i don't know what blizzard is trying to accomplish here. i can't think of a single, logical reason to block content like this.

its for the sake of the guilds that are actually very skilled but dont have as much time as the other very skilled guilds whom have tons o time, well at least thats my opinion there hehe.

anyways, grats for this one guys, i wanna fight him too =)

Although I like the idea of once a week algalon ....

Let me rephrase what it seems you said

"Yay! Now instead of taking time to learn an encounter and work hard to kill a boss by devoting time and effort into the fight, you have to chip away at the strategy slowly week after week. How it was intended!"

How is practice and effort the "Wrong way"?

Quote Originally Posted by Ryuker
    You have to remember that hard modes aren't designed to crush the very best guilds. If they made it that hard, we'd see 4% of the player base raiding again.
    And to be honest, I was under the impression that blizzard designed hard modes to be hard....That way the best guilds will get to experience a challenge, while the player base they're afraid are going to stop raiding gets to experience the raid. Hence why contents not "sunwell hard" any longer.. So more then 4% of the player base gets to experience the raids...And why hard modes are there...So the 4% that were raiding sunwell don't leave because they have nothing to do...

Quote Originally Posted by mmoelf
    i have to call BS on this. "they need to do it right"? what are you talking about? how is playing 15 hours till you beat the boss "wrong"?

what's the difference between wiping for 15 hours at once or 15 separate hours spread over 15 days? answer: NONE. well, wait... there is one... after 15 hours you'd get loot finally. the other way, you are missing out on at least one raid week.

i don't know what blizzard is trying to accomplish here. i can't think of a single, logical reason to block content like this.

So what you mean is... You can't think of one logical reason why Blizzard aren't giving people with alot of spare time to throw away at wiping endlessly on hardmode bosses a way to easily reach/down this boss?

It's a brilliant move on Blizzard's part, in my opinion. Here is the criticism of Naxxramas:

1) Cleared far too quickly and by too many people
    2) Content easy to learn and master
    3) Too many people finishing the hardest achievements, no 'bragging rights.'

This fixes all of those problems. Now the very, VERY best guilds will be the first to clear the last boss because you can't spend 4 days on end wiping on him-- you have to learn quickly and efficiently. Adaptability.

This also stretches out content so that normal raiders will have something to do for months. Bravo.