Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ...

Re: Algalon Preview by Wraith [Updated]

Quote Originally Posted by SadisticInvinsible
    Algalon encounter looks pretty damn stunning!

I don't know if anyone has posted this, but here's another youtube video of Algalon (by Wraith):
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QMfr7gEQZbQ

(It gets wicked starting at 2:27 )
    Wow.. just wow.

There is some serious ownage going on there.

Those adds... Collapsing Stars? Dark Matter? Everything about this fight is ownage.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffemming
    That's a horrible analogy. When you take a test you have preparation. If Blizzard wants to let me to go to class for 6 hours a week and give me a textbook on how to beat Algalon then I'm all for it.
    Here's a better one. Your goal is to run a physical obstacle course in 5 minutes. You have no idea whats in the course. You can always get in better shape (gear up), but you can never know whats on the course until you try it. Now, Do you think that would be harder if you got to attempt it as many times as you wanted, or if you only had 15 minutes per week?

Re: Algalon Preview by Wraith

Quote Originally Posted by Aghnaar
    Relax, I never said it was easy, just it's not the hardest mode (unless it's like sarth 3D).
    knowing blizztard, 10man algalon will probly he harder

I find this timer rediculous. To me it seems nothing more than an artificial way to make Algalon last longer. Alot of people are throwing 'cockblock' around, and alot of people seem to be mis-interpreting it. From what I can see, Algalon himself is not a cockblock. From the 18 pages I've read of this thread not ONE person has complained about the difficulty of the fight. What people are complaining about is the 1 hour timer, which IS a cockblock to ALGALON HIMSELF.

Think about it, the one hour is blocking you from attempting to fight Algalon. If Blizzard themselves were to keep this limit, I would reccomend putting an 'attempt limit', which actually allows guilds to look at combat logs, discuss amongst themselves what is happening in the fight.

Also, if Algalon is so amazing, it would be logical to be sad at the fact you can only fight him one hour a week. :'(

I personally can't wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Daesik
    I find this timer rediculous. To me it seems nothing more than an artificial way to make Algalon last longer. Alot of people are throwing 'cockblock' around, and alot of people seem to be mis-interpreting it. From what I can see, Algalon himself is not a cockblock. From the 18 pages I've read of this thread not ONE person has complained about the difficulty of the fight. What people are complaining about is the 1 hour timer, which IS a cockblock to ALGALON HIMSELF.

Think about it, the one hour is blocking you from attempting to fight Algalon. If Blizzard themselves were to keep this limit, I would reccomend putting an 'attempt limit', which actually allows guilds to look at combat logs, discuss amongst themselves what is happening in the fight.

Also, if Algalon is so amazing, it would be logical to be sad at the fact you can only fight him one hour a week. :'(

I personally can't wait.
    As I understand it, it's 1-hour of COMBAT time. So you still get that time to discuss, come up with strats, and talk about what everyone is doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Daesik
    ... 1 hour timer, which IS a cockblock to ALGALON HIMSELF.

Think about it, the one hour is blocking you from attempting to fight Algalon. ...
    WHAT?

You have an hours worth of tries. you could attempt him numerous times and try different things. then go back next week and try some more. What the hell is so wrong about this?

No one complains about VH. If you wipe in there ONCE you have to wait a whole day. At least this guy you can wipe as many times in an hour as it takes to learn.

Quote Originally Posted by Slipslider
    No one complains about VH. If you wipe in there ONCE you have to wait a whole day. At least this guy you can wipe as many times in an hour as it takes to learn.
    No one complains about VH because it doesn't work like that.

And @ Warbane: It seems I have my facts wrong, this sounds alot better. I personally thought it was - spawn him, if he isn't dead within an hour he'll despawn.

I'm sure blizzard would give holy paladins for pve exorcism but they don't want to let holy/retri paladins use it in arenas. I believe they might let retri use it, but I'm sure their point is to stop holy paladins who already have alot of tools to use in pvp, from making acceptable damage wich can mean alot especialy in a 2 vs 2 and 3 vs 3 setup.