Poll: What do you think about the one hour time frame?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted

Re: The Algalon Hour

BIG thumbs up for blizzard on this one.
    I'm in a guild with about 15 good but not THE BEST players,rest terribads.I know that eventually i will see Algalon on 10man during summer,and will probably not do a single hardmode on 25man.Yet,i feel that this one is the ONLY move blizzard could pull,to SHUT UP the nolife sockpoopers raiding more than 6 hours per day,taking a GAME,made for ENJOYMENT AND FUN,and turning it itno the purpose of their life.

Gz blizzard.Algalon is SURE going to elicit MANY tears;you sockpoopers got what was coming to you.Go out,lose some weight,try to talk to some females(or males,if you're a female ;D).Doing mr.Algalon in 1 month will not be done.You asked for something you wont do fast,you got it.

Careful what you wish for.

I have a quick question for all the people saying blizzard only made the hour time limit because the fight isn't that hard. Have any of you even tried Algalon, or even touched the hard modes required to get to him? Until you have STFU, there is only 10 people in the world (minus blizzard employees) that can tell you how hard Algalon is.

Quote Originally Posted by Khalkaroth
    You're saying that blizzard have put that 1-hour limit on Algalon just because he isn't really difficult? Did you even tried him to proclaim such illogical and blasphemous things like that?
    I go on to say in my later posts, that of course I have no idea about his level of difficulty and that I am still happy with this game.

However, I wouldn't say that the fact that the inclusion of a time limit would decrease the effective difficulty level of Algalon is illigoical. I base this solely on the lean towards slightly more "fair" raiding in WoW and combining a C'Thun-like difficulty boss with an hour-per-week time limit would be hopping into that area where Blizzard said they'd never go again.

The whole "catering to 2% of the WoW population" days are over, and Blizz has acknowledged this to be true, which in my mind, is fine because it's a good business decision. Then again, noone's killed him yet...so we won't really know until he's down.

And to keep the seriousness level of this post down a bit, here's a picture of a Twiggy, the Waterskiing Squirrel.

If a shaman tells you that he can't tank, he's just not doing it right.

Quote Originally Posted by Xombo
    I go on to say in my later posts, that of course I have no idea about his level of difficulty and that I am still happy with this game.

However, I wouldn't say that the fact that the inclusion of a time limit would decrease the effective difficulty level of Algalon is illigoical. I base this solely on the lean towards slightly more "fair" raiding in WoW and combining a C'Thun-like difficulty boss with an hour-per-week time limit would be hopping into that area where Blizzard said they'd never go again.

The whole "catering to 2% of the WoW population" days are over, and Blizz has acknowledged this to be true, which in my mind, is fine because it's a good business decision. Then again, noone's killed him yet...so we won't really know until he's down.

And to keep the seriousness level of this post down a bit, here's a picture of a Twiggy, the Waterskiing Squirrel.

You've totally misread the purpose of Algalon.

Blizz wanted to avoid making entire RAIDS that only 2% of players can see, and they've kindly offered an ultra-hardcore boss to compensate for the easier raids. It's an excellent move.

Quote Originally Posted by idpersona
    sockpooper
    ...o_O?

^^ what the guy 2 post above me said.

Algalon is a single boss not a raid. I have no doubt that he is extremely difficult and the one hour time limit will only magnify the difficulty. Everyone in the group has to be on point as soon as you engage him.

It sucked back in BWL and it will suck once again, it's just Blizz way of slowing people down while they prepare new content.

Quote Originally Posted by Herecius
    You've totally misread the purpose of Algalon.

Blizz wanted to avoid making entire RAIDS that only 2% of players can see, and they've kindly offered an ultra-hardcore boss to compensate for the easier raids. It's an excellent move.
    I'm not saying whether it's a good or bad move right now, it's too early to know, but I do think it's a good motion to move towards that this guy will be so hard that only a few top guilds per server can take him down.

It'll be good for an achievement to actually be an achievement...i do wish algalon was part of the legendary quest though.

At least now we know what the "feed off your tears" bullshit was, because people will QQ about this like never before.

Quote Originally Posted by Xombo

It'll be good for an achievement to actually be an achievement...i do wish algalon was part of the legendary quest though.
    To make him part of the legendary would've been overkill, imo. Now, if he dropped his -own- legendary...

Deleted

Yeah,sockpooper.Raiding 6+hours per day,5-6 days a week,may seem the norm for some people,but trust me,it's something that is BOTH not healthy,or socially acceptable,and

guess what

NOT CONSIDERED by blizzard to be its playerbase's bulk ANYMORE.

Blizzard now designs instances around the aspect that you ARENT an idiot,and can output good DPS and healing while surviving,but also around the fact that you do other things in your life other than playing wow 6 or more hours per day,5 days per week,like a job.

Guilds without tarts,that raid 4 hours per day,4 days per week,will eventually down Algalon come late September.

AND GUESS WHAT

that's blizzard's intentions.

Quote Originally Posted by Alyssa
    It sucked back in BWL and it will suck once again, it's just Blizz way of slowing people down while they prepare new content.
    Well, it's the last boss in the raid instance so it's not really slowing any progress.

I don't mind it, it's refreshing for a chance. Beats farming resistance gear for weeks in my opinion.
    I don't hate you. I'm just not necessarily excited about your existence.

I think i would have rather spent hours farming for another resist set.

It really does seem to be a ploy for blizz to say "no one has cleared ALL the content yet" for a little bit longer, though i do like the thaught of stewing over a fight and having to wait a week to try out ideas.
    Of course, the internet and strats dont exist and nobody shares ideas.

That said, I'm not really excited by any of the current content, and gave up my raid slot to level yet another alt, or watch movies or something. Troll forums and read books,too.

PS. <3 xombo. thx for the squirrel
    Quote Originally Posted by Abolishment
    Eclipsicolossamegatonational? There. I've captured the essence of your penis in one, perfect, 28-letter word.

Imo they just want to increase the time before a guild successfully clears all content by achieving super-massive and he feeds on your tears.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Herecius
    To make him part of the legendary would've been overkill, imo. Now, if he dropped his -own- legendary...
    well i hope so even if il never see him.. damn guild dying..
    Naxx was too easy and now people cant stand to wipe, they q_q and /gquit..
    /facepalm

Quote Originally Posted by idpersona
    Yeah,sockpooper.Raiding 6+hours per day,5-6 days a week,may seem the norm for some people,but trust me,it's something that is BOTH not healthy,or socially acceptable,and

guess what

NOT CONSIDERED by blizzard to be its playerbase's bulk ANYMORE.

Blizzard now designs instances around the aspect that you ARENT an idiot,and can output good DPS and healing while surviving,but also around the fact that you do other things in your life other than playing wow 6 or more hours per day,5 days per week,like a job.

Guilds without tarts,that raid 4 hours per day,4 days per week,will eventually down Algalon come late September.

AND GUESS WHAT

that's blizzard's intentions.
    I quoted you not because I didn't agree with what you said, but I just have no idea what a sockpooper is. Even if I sat at my computer all day and played WoW, I sure wouldn't poop in a sock, I'd find one of the many drink bottles sitting around my computer and make do with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Gevlad
    PS. <3 xombo. thx for the squirrel
    No problem, just for you (and to keep the srs level of this thread down a wee bit), here's a cat wearing a one of the drops off Algalon.

I think it was a good idea to do something like this to Algalon.
    Because ten billion
    years' time is so fragile
    so ephemeral…
    it arouses such a
    bittersweet,
    almost heartbreaking fondness.

I'm iffy on it. It pretty much says SCREW YOU to guilds who have a tank who disconnects after about 30 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanuku
    For a purely optional boss they can do what they want with it. They could give it a one attempt per week timer, they could give it crazy abilties that one shot people, and they could never ever nerf it. Its optional, so not everyone has to kill it.

I hope its something a lot of the playerbase never get to kill actually. Like pre-nerf m'uru. Their complaint was they didn't get to see the content. They will see all Ulduar content, and be able to see Algalon. Just not beat him. Thats whats good about the optional.

They could make him killable to only the top 1% of guilds. The people who can't kill him are not losing anything, they still see all the content.

Noone that stands a chance of downing him in ensidia, vodka etc. is complaining. They are relishing the challenge.
    How is Algalon more optional than Yogg-Saron ? You kill the bosses you want to kill... there's no one forcing you to kill everything. Once you have the key (which doesn't require Vezax or Yogg) You can easily skip most of the instance just to kill Algalon.