Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Dying from rogues way too fast since 3.1

This thread is full of win.

Muti pvp rogues havn't recieved 1 buff (bar Mutilate Glyph) in 3.1; it makes me laugh that people are complaing. What people dont seem to realise is that its because most other classes have been nerfed down to our level!

As someone said, combat pvp is the only thing thats recieved buffs (+haste, KS buff, etc) so maybe its a rogue popping all his CD's thats owning you.

To be honest, I've noticed this myself, although it seems to be mostly because of the current Itemization-imbalance.

There's a not too shabby Alliance Rogue in our battlegroup, let's just say she knows her stuff and has always been a scary opponent. Extremely good PvE-gear which she wears in battlegrounds as well. Sure, she's more than fragile, slightly below 18k HP unbuffed will get her killed in no time if jumped upon.

The problem is: I'm a Holy Paladin, and in Battlegrounds I tend to use as much survivability gear as possible, much more than in Arenas. So, selfbuffed I'm around 23k HP, 24k Armor w/o Devotion Aura and exactly at 863 Resilience. Pre 3.1, that Rogue scared me, but I managed to stay alive at least some of the time for someone to come and help me out. Just yesterday evening though, I died to that rogue 4 times during Cheap Shot, which frankly never happened before.
    The first time she had Berserker, so that doesn't really count and didn't raise any suspicions. The other three times though there was no berserker active.

I'm still playing on a spec with Divine Purpose (= Hand of Freedom Stun-break for you non-Paladins) in battlegrounds, but I should assume it's common knowledge that as a Paladin you don't pop HoF on Cheap Shot only to end up in Kidney Shot right after that. Didn't help of course if you die before Kidney is even needed.

The fifth time she jumped me I managed to survive by instantly breaking Cheap Shot with Hand of Freedom, trinketing the following Kidney, stunning with Hammer of Justice, blowing Repentance right after she trinketed my Stun and then running like hell. That's all I managed to do, staying alive one single time by blowing all cooldowns except my emergency bubble.

I mean, come on... that's a little over the top, isn't it? Most DPS classes are scary right now, but if all your PvP gear doesn't save you from dying to a Rogue within seconds and the only thing you can do is pop all cooldowns and run like hell there must be something rotten in the state of Denma... ahem, Azeroth. And that's wearing plate, I honestly don't want to know how it feels if you're a priest or druid!

Fun fact: Everytime she killed me, she was half-dead herself from Eye for an Eye and Retribution Aura. So there's at least a little justice in it.

If you can't beat them, be them :P

Freeze It Now, Eat It Later

Deleted

As I said my method of not dying is simply don't flag PvP. Absolutely foolproof means of never dying to a rogue.

Its far far far easier not to bother with all the juvenile crap that is PvP and leads to whine threads like this. This thread is serving no purpose. Locking.