Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: [Balance] Tier 8.5 Stats... Joke?

Quote Originally Posted by Ohmikey87
    I'm still waiting to see what pieces are discovered from Ulduar before I make my final decision. We've only scratched the surface of the loot and encounters so...eh. Til then.. time to start pissin off clothies with a vengeance
    argeed.. hahaha.. and my brother is a mage

They wasted a LOT of itemization points on spirit. The pants are the only well itemized item, and it's no coincidence it has none. It's really sad that a resto druid could go around using two out five pieces (those without hit) and notice no change on their regen.

Still trying to figure which piece I'm getting to keep a 2-set bonus, it's a tough choice since I'm already swimming on hit and chances are I'll find plenty from now on. The 4-set can be safely ignored and mocked - is the biggest joke since the old moonkin form (melee hit restoring mana, LUL).

^ this

i would probably be doing shoulders or gloves, but since im already hit capped, i wouldnt need the extra hit from the new gloves so.. ill probably lean more toward the shoulders..

coz the t7.5 helm and chest stats are really good. and I'm still to find anything to replace it so soon, except for that helm from razor i think it was..

Quote Originally Posted by Medium9
    The issue isn't actually that new, but still a major let down. I already switched to my DK because of the whine of clothies I already had to sustain by just whispering that all BiS will be cloth, this time including set-slots.
    Congrats,I hope you enjoy playing a class whose t8 isn't even a small upgrade over 4-piece t7.5.

Seriously,I get the whole "We don't itemize tier 7 and tier 8 optimally ,so taht when you get to Icecrown you'll go wow" in its relevant stupidity,but this is too ridiculous.

Im in full agreement with you Ikkatsu, the itemisation is terrible. There are only a couple of viable peices to take. I just hope that the other gear slot itemisation makes up for it. In theory, Blizzard shouldnt be this stupid with the gear, but we have but to wait for more gear to be discovered!!
    Retards should not be aided. They should just be pointed toward the coldest pole on which to stick their tongue.
    A Balance Druid who has balanced the Balance in his Balance Spec between Crit and Haste is a Balanced Balance Druid.
    80 Druid (exBC toon), 80 Mage (Arcane), 80 DK (lol), 80 Hunter (MM), 80 Pally(prot/ret), 61 Rogue (Ass/Subt), 80 Lock (Demo/Affli), 23 Warr (Prot/fury hybrid).
    Pally - http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Thunderhorn&cn=Nikoli.
    Hunter - http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Thunderhorn&cn=Grubba

At this point, I'm waiting to see what happens. Meaning, now that Ulduar is out we can finally begin to get a look at the set bonus.

It'll probably take another week or 2 to get the correct info on the set bonus. Especially because I doubt most balance druids will see this armor as must have pieces. Where the might actually pass it to toons that it will be clear upgrades.

Ok, the main thing i dont get is why do we lose so much critical strike? 100critical strike less on a "better" tier set is stupid?!? Then 70SP more with 5 set PC but 3 red socket less is just to stupid!!!! Ok, we get 100+ more spirit, but if a moonkin has mana issue during fight, then he is just sad. Also 100Spirit is not that much dmg bonus from talents....
    Then we get less haste ( and that is stupid since most fight in Ulduar u need to move like crazy ), and that 60mana more is pathetic...

The only good thing is set bonus ( i dint really seen any use for 10% more dmg from insect swarm ), that 15% from SF and Wrath are much more dps then 2set bonus from T7. So once again, blizz has put balance class in the last row.

Well thats my opinion.

The only good thing is set bonus ( i dint really seen any use for 10% more dmg from insect swarm ), that 15% from SF and Wrath are much more dps then 2set bonus from T7. So once again, blizz has put balance class in the last row.
    the 15% is for the eclipse proc. not a standard increase....

10% more dmg was nice tbh. for such an introductory tier lvl into wrath.

Added, where we all agree with you in the loss of haste/crit/sockets, dont forget we havent seen much itemisation from other spell dmg caster leathers. So we will need to wait until all the loot is uncovered before we can decide whether its totally crap or not. that said, where 4/5 or even 5/5 probably wont be used as a best in slot set up for us, alot of people would use it due to the novelty of the instant SF proc XD.

All this aside, i would advise people to still roll on it. If blizz have put more hit on our tier gear, they will have taken it off elsewhere. Things are only best in slot if its balanced with the rest of your gear. Take it, wait a while until more loot is discovered and im sure (and god damn well hoping) that we will start using it.
    Retards should not be aided. They should just be pointed toward the coldest pole on which to stick their tongue.
    A Balance Druid who has balanced the Balance in his Balance Spec between Crit and Haste is a Balanced Balance Druid.
    80 Druid (exBC toon), 80 Mage (Arcane), 80 DK (lol), 80 Hunter (MM), 80 Pally(prot/ret), 61 Rogue (Ass/Subt), 80 Lock (Demo/Affli), 23 Warr (Prot/fury hybrid).
    Pally - http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Thunderhorn&cn=Nikoli.
    Hunter - http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Thunderhorn&cn=Grubba

Unless they buff the 4-piece bonus, I'm pretty sure I'll roll with just 2 pieces (legs and gloves). It's just really lackluster and a smack in the face after the good (maybe OP?) 4-set bonus on T7.

Blizzard doesn't want any gear to be trivial to make a decision about.
    If all tier was a straight upgrade.. where's the decision?
    Instead, you end up deciding on more complicated gearing.. IE questions like "is it better to take these mediocre shoulders and instead use these awesome gloves to keep the 2pc?" or something are more interesting.

Notably, your T8 legs are waaay better than T7

Tier gear isn't meant to be all the best. You can match the look anyways, so it's not a huge deal.
    :P

I understand the frustration, just discussing the view to itemization that Blizz seems to have gone down.. Evidence is from both blues and the items themselves..
    *shrug*

what I fail to understand.. is that Elemental Shamans got the same issue on theyr t8. The got alot of mp5 on it, which is terribad. GC then admitted that it was a mistake since elemental shamans don't have any mana problems.
    And their set was changed. All the itemization pts on mp5 were moved to hit/crit

But it seems that blizzard still think Moonkins are having mana problems (WE DON'T).... So no change for us >

*French guy inside*
    *please forgive my poor english*

Quote Originally Posted by altiris
    Just take your lumps in stride. If you are in a good guild that will eventually down all the hard modes, then you want legs and shoulders from T8, the gloves from vezax hard, the chest from kologarn and the hat from razorscale. The 4 piece bonus is garbage, so just don't worry about it.
    Why take the shoulders for 2set bonus when they have spent the item budget on crit instead of haste?