Thread: Luck and pve

  1. #1

    Luck and pve

    Ok guys I read these forums quite a bit generally and see myself as being pretty clued up on all things mage.

    However there is one thing I really can't get over and that is my luck with crit.

    With spirit now affecting crit I have around 700 raid buffed and with all my other buffs I have around 41-43% crit give or take. This does not include 5% crit on the target from our afflic lock's imp shadow bolt, 3% from ret pally, the 2% from FFB glyph and 3% from when my focus magic from my arcane/fire TTW offspec procs. Thats getting near 60% crit over all.

    However I then get to raid and my crit over all is nearly always around 20-25% on frostfire and living bomb explosions. We downed Freya yesturday and I was on a massive low of 18% crit off of 84 frostfire bolts.

    I was just wondering if anyone else is having issues with luck.

    EDIT: Before anyone says I have already changed the hit gem in my legs to crit and SP, armory has not updated.

    Armory here btw:
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...tland&n=Necron

  2. #2

    Re: Luck and pve

    Quote Originally Posted by Necron
    However I then get to raid and my crit over all is nearly always around 20-25% on frostfire and living bomb explosions. We downed Freya yesturday and I was on a massive low of 18% crit off of 84 frostfire bolts.
    Screenshot or it didn't happen, i srsly don't beleive your nearly always on 20-25% crit while having 60% crit chance on bosses. Unless you are like the unluckiest person on earth.

    But i agree, FB/TtW and especially FFB has loads of RNG to your DPS, if your lucky with crits on a boss you do shit loads of DPS. But if your unlucky like you say (prob very exaggerated tho to make a point..) your DPS can drop alot. But that's just how the spec works and how crits work, in FFB your crits do like 340% dmg of the normal does so loads more.

    /Rahkdos
    [blizzquote author=Valnoth]So it turns out that we don't hate you.

    Casuals win again : ( [/blizzquote]

  3. #3

    Re: Luck and pve

    Quote Originally Posted by Rahkdos
    Screenshot or it didn't happen, i srsly don't beleive your nearly always on 20-25% crit while having 60% crit chance on bosses. Unless you are like the unluckiest person on earth.
    Not on my home PC so can't post a screenshot but I am pretty sure I have some from previous raids, and WWS. I guess I exaggerated the 'nearly always' part but its very common for my crit to be around in the 20s on boss fights. I can see how this may seem unlikely from a probability stand point but I really don't have anything to gain from stating I get stupidly low crit I am merely just interested to see if other people get massively unlucky like I feel I do.

    I know how luck based and RNG these specs can be so its not like I have just found this out and decided to post, this has been a problem since I first started raiding fire/FFB in Wrath. After the record low I recieved yesturday I thought it was time to see if anyone else was experiencing similar very low luck.


  4. #4

    Re: Luck and pve

    If you don't like the RNG, spec arcane xD. Arcane doesn't need crit but haste and SP, prob need to regem but if you can keep the mana up this is a very steady DPS spec, with loads of burst with AP and IV up.


    Quote Originally Posted by IhazFailburgerz
    Rahkdos, your signature is pure win
    And yes.

    /Rahkdos
    [blizzquote author=Valnoth]So it turns out that we don't hate you.

    Casuals win again : ( [/blizzquote]

  5. #5

    Re: Luck and pve

    Quote Originally Posted by Rahkdos
    If you don't like the RNG, spec arcane xD. Arcane doesn't need crit but haste and SP, prob need to regem but if you can keep the mana up this is a very steady DPS spec, with loads of burst with AP and IV up.
    Who said I don't like RNG :/

    Plus the fact that arcane dps is also slightly RNG with missile barrage procs, obviously does not affect it as much as FFB/FB TTW but it still does affect it.

    Think your too used to responding to people who can't think for themselves some of us actually know what spec to choose for themselves without being told.

    Just so you know I am not complaining about RNG just wanted to see if anyone gets unlucky like me.

  6. #6

    Re: Luck and pve

    Quote Originally Posted by Necron
    Just so you know I am not complaining about RNG just wanted to see if anyone gets unlucky like me.
    Ye i know, sorry for making the obvious posts, but i think every one get unlucky sometimes, its not just you. It happens, other fights you'll get lucky(Although that always seems to happen less them being lucky xD).

    /Rahkdos
    [blizzquote author=Valnoth]So it turns out that we don't hate you.

    Casuals win again : ( [/blizzquote]

  7. #7
    Field Marshal
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    61

    Re: Luck and pve

    i'm pretty much sure that you are just missreading the data. my guess is that those 20% are the part ffb or fb contributed to your overall dmg and not the crit ratio. if you are using recount select yourself and then ffb/fb and you will get a detailed listing of hit, crit and dot component.

  8. #8

    Re: Luck and pve

    Quote Originally Posted by Mela
    i'm pretty much sure that you are just missreading the data. my guess is that those 20% are the part ffb or fb contributed to your overall dmg and not the crit ratio. if you are using recount select yourself and then ffb/fb and you will get a detailed listing of hit, crit and dot component.
    100% sure I am not and anyway even if I was if FFB was 20% of my overall damage I would be doing something seriously wrong.

  9. #9

    Re: Luck and pve

    Dude, FFB and fire/arcane are extremely dependent on luck. You need crits. But crits don't always happen, even with high crit chance. It entirely depends on RNG luck.

    If you don't want to be dependent on luck, spec arcane.
    Jaded and cynical bastard, plain and simple.

  10. #10

    Re: Luck and pve

    I like how most of the responses automatically assume I am complaining.

    I admit it could be interpretted as complaining but I just wanted to see if anyone else was getting massively unlucky like me. I am not someone whining about how fire mages work, I love playing mage and love the way they have gone in Wrath.

    I just feel like I am the only one who gets unlucky on frequent occassions, thats why I made the original post.
    I think most of you guys are so used to replying to whining and complaining you assume I am doing the same.

    Just to reiterate my original purpose of this thread; Is anyone else getting really low crit similar to me when raiding?

    Don't worry I am not a whiner, we pay for this game and I would not be paying for it if I had something to complain about.

  11. #11
    Field Marshal
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    61

    Re: Luck and pve

    i still can't believe that you are constantly geting 20-25% crit out of your gear

    PROOF!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •