Crazy Shaman Sim

Hey, I used to sim my DPS using Crazy Shamans Simulator but it seems he has given up on this project which is a shame.
    Is there anymore sims that are browser based and arent actual addons never was a fan of downloading mods to sim your dps.

Elitist jerks doesnt seem to mention any browser based sims only download ones.
    Any help is appreciated, or information on perhaps if he moved his sim to another page.

Thanks.
    Functionless Art is Merely Tolerated Vandalism

Re: Crazy Shaman Sim

Hmm guess no one knows of one or what happened to Crazy shamans sim... bit of a shame thanks anyway.

Deleted

Yo!'s simulator is what you are referring to it was a java program that you could run stand alone or in a browser. It has been entirely replaced by EnhSim (link in my sig). The Yo!'s simulator no longer exists in any form.

Hey thanks for the information, thats rather sad since I liked that sim back in BC.

Any chance you will be doing a browser based one anytime soon? Or am I doomed to having to download yet more addons?

On a completely different subject Levva if your the author of Shockandawe (Which is a pretty amazing mod btw)could you tell me how I turn that annoying writing that seems to appear on my screen saying:

"It has been detected that you have changed spec do you wish to disable Shock and Awe?" This happens if I switch elemental on trash then subsequently switch to enhancement afterwards.
    It sits in the middle of the screen when I am enhancement and definately do not wish to switch it off This is probably covered somewere else and if it is just a link would be great.

Thanks again.

Just to clear things up, the sim in question is not an addon for the game. It is a separate program that you can run completely unattached to the game. This goes for both RAWR! and EnhSim.

Deleted

Browser based one? Never!! Why do you want you sim to run around 275 times slower by running it in a browser? Yo's sim took around 30 mins to do a 1000 hr sim. Enhsim takes around 5 seconds.

A java cross platform one however is about to be started.

Your shock and awe query is simple upgrade to v4.32.

Just dont like downloading unnessercery addons, but since I was told its not an actual addon its not a problem.
    If its a seperate program I can easily run it just didnt wanna end up with a slow fps cause of mods.

In saying that its nice to see your about to start one prefer them even if they do take "275 times longer"

Thanks anyway.

I have just tried Rawr and Enhansim and there some of the most complicated programs I have ever had the missfortune to use.
    For a start they both bring up 150 errors which arent solvable by the really pittiful amount of information the Readme file gives nor the information provided on the website.

Which is a shame since I really wanted to use it.

Anyway thanks anyway I think I will wait for the Userfriendly Java one.

You must not have tried very hard. RAWR is very user friendly. EnhSim is a little more in depth, but there is a GUI for it as well (very similar to Yo's) If you can't get RAWR to open then you simply need to download the .net framework for Windows (used by LOTS of other programs). Please try harder.

Well I have tried to downloaded the net framework but it needs another program to run that too which I cant get.

As for Enhsim I have downloaded the components for that too and still I get the "Failed to initialize" crap.

Any idea?

Since you are having trouble with the .net framework I'm going to upload the .exe to a host site. You can then just download it from there. RAWR will be the easiest for you to use. Give me a few moments.

OK. This is the .exe for the .net framework install. It should just be a simple install.

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=e...4e75f6e8ebb871

Thanks mate <3 much appreciated will give it a go

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Burden
    I have just tried Rawr and Enhansim and there some of the most complicated programs I have ever had the missfortune to use.
    For a start they both bring up 150 errors which arent solvable by the really pittiful amount of information the Readme file gives nor the information provided on the website.

Which is a shame since I really wanted to use it.

Anyway thanks anyway I think I will wait for the Userfriendly Java one.
    To be honest with that attitude you should just delete your account and get lost. I am not in the least bit interested in helping someone who doesnt actually bother trying. Rawr is not in the least bit complicated the readme goes into a lot of detail as to how to set it up. If you find it tough then ask but don't come whining.

I have tried putting this frame work in once again and once again it says I need something else to make the frame work, work.

Any suggestions the readme doesnt cover this updater its asking for...

Also Levva no need to be rude the readme doesnt cover my issue I have read it all the way through and its very slim in content.

Now I do not wish to have crossed words with you, but like I already mentioned the readme doesnt help me...

So stay cool

Illojim

Quote Originally Posted by Levva
    To be honest with that attitude you should just delete your account and get lost. I am not in the least bit interested in helping someone who doesnt actually bother trying. Rawr is not in the least bit complicated the readme goes into a lot of detail as to how to set it up. If you find it tough then ask but don't come whining.
    Jesus dude not everyone is computer savvy.

Deleted

.Net framework is a microsoft thing get it DIRECT from Microsoft. http://www.microsoft.com/net/

You have not in anything you have written actually said EXACTLY what the error actually is. Its IMPOSSIBLE to help people who just say things like "I get the "Failed to initialize" crap." we can't tell what that means you have to provide actual information, it really isn't hard to say things like... "After I installed .Net I run Rawr and get a message that says XXXXX ie: a direct quote of what the error is.

Instead you just said "Failed to initialize" but you didn't say at what point that message appears, you gave no information when you got the message or even what exactly the message is. ie: you make it very difficult for anyone to assist. On top of that you give an attitude of being too important to bother with things like that and somehow that the Rawr team are at fault. Consider that 50,000 people have successfully downloaded and run Rawr in the last 2 weeks, it says a lot more about you than it does about the program.

So if you get down off your high horse and explain what the problem is I'd be delighted to assist. If you keep up the dismissive attitude I'd much rather you just deleted your account and never bothered us again.

Quote Originally Posted by Illojim
    Jesus dude not everyone is computer savvy.
    Absolutely but there are ways of saying I'm having problems without condeming the code or suggesting that its the programmers fault. When 50 thousand people can get the program running fine it suggests it's that the person who can't who has the problem NOT the programmers. So if he asks for help he will get it, if he just takes a dismissive attitude and condemns the work of myself and the rest of the Rawr team why the hell should I lift a finger to help him.

Hey lets not turn this into some sort of childish fight :/

I get the following errors:

"Setup has detected that the following items are not installed"

Microsoft downloader 3.0

Also if I try and use this anyway I get the normal failed to initialise message.

Thanks once again and man computers stress some people out and they say stuff you will learn this as you grow up I teach people I know just how frustrated some people get :P Doesnt mean Im immune to getting slightly annoyed at things

Deleted

Ok thats a LOT better. So your problem has ZERO to do with Rawr. You have not even got Microsoft .Net installed as .Net is complaining about lack of MS component. This will probably be down to trying to use a non-microsoft site to install the .Net stuff from. Install from http://www.microsoft.com/net/ and click the big red "Install it Now" button top right.

Restart your machine BEFORE you install. Once installed make sure you have gone to www.windowsupdate.com and installed every critical update as it sounds like your machine is missing some critical windows components.

For the record I am MORE than happy to assist people as my past record on here and other sites will demonstrate. I just get REALLY pissed off when people publicly condemn my work when its them that are failing.

Well I got it working eventually thanks for the help And sorry for the missunderstanding maybe you may wanna add this into your readme from now on to help people like me.

Thanks again