New Glyphs for Shadow Priest

Hey Gang,

Just curious, what do you think are the three best major glyphs for Shadow Priests since the new patch to max dps? Are there new ones worth replacing the old?

Thanks!

Re: New Glyphs for Shadow Priest

No, we still use the same glyphs.

The only difference is that you need to drop Shadow Word: Death (if you use it) for Mind Flay. Doing General without the Mind Flay glyph is just dumb.

Not using MF glyph even pre-3.1 was dumb.

Only Disc got cool new glyphs, tho Shadow got some nice PvP glyphs to chose from now.

Yeah, none of the glyphs have changed for shadow; but to add Holy got a decent glyph in Guardian Spirit. ;D

And Disc got the shorter cooldown on Penance. Our new Shadow glyph was PVP based though, reducing the cooldown on Dispersion.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

increased Range for Mind Sear :O

Who is gonna use that shit?:X Its neither usable, PvE and PvP....

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Abandon
    And Disc got the shorter cooldown on Penance. Our new Shadow glyph was PVP based though, reducing the cooldown on Dispersion.
    Nah, dispersion is more a raid glyph, cause even with 45 sec less cooldown you probably will only be able to use it once/fight. In raids however it's a nice and fast mana buff.

Quote Originally Posted by Lostprophet

All the things you want to aoe come in nice little groups for you?
    Or perhaps you aoe with Holy Nova? ^^
    It's a nice glyph, but it's unfortunate that you can only pick 3 :/

Mind Sear is super cool, but Pain and Shadow are very good DPS buffs, and MF is a must because Blizzard is stupid and hates us... Nah kidding, but having 30y on MF would be nice after all these years without having to glyph stupidly for it and loosing dps. Whatever. You can't take MS glyph unless you want to reglyph for some of the fights, good gold dump...

Dispersion glyph is PvP... In raids I only use Dispersion for "oh shit I'm to young to die" moments. We don't realy need the mana from it.

Quote Originally Posted by Swedishcow123
    All the things you want to aoe come in nice little groups for you?
    Or perhaps you aoe with Holy Nova? ^^

It's a nice glyph, but it's unfortunate that you can only pick 3 :/
    I AoE with Holy Nova, hiding in the tank group and doing 0 threat while dishing out some damage and tiny heals? While Mind Sear dominates for not being target capped, Holy Nova is good for 3-5, as well as letting me dish out my Surge of Light on main dps target.

Oh, wait.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti
    I AoE with Holy Nova, hiding in the tank group and doing 0 threat while dishing out some damage and tiny heals? While Mind Sear dominates for not being target capped, Holy Nova is good for 3-5, as well as letting me dish out my Surge of Light on main dps target.

Oh, wait.
    Well, I AoE with Holy Nova too when I'm holy, but for shadow, Mind Sear is just godlike

Quote Originally Posted by Annesh
    Why did this make me laugh? Why?

Well, so far in Ulduar I have been using my Dispersion for things like Slag Pot or massive AoE damage avoidance, and my Shadowfiend for damage. Shadow Priests got a mana regen buff this patch since Shadowfiend now returns 5% mana per swing instead of 4% per hit. If there is no big AoE damage then I sometimes use it if I notice myself running a little low of mana, but mana regen is not a huge issue for Shadow Priests at the moment.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Lostprophet

Well the prospect of going nuts in WG with Mind Sear glyph does make me cackle a bit like a madman. Outside than that I agree it's completely useless for PvE and PvP.

Quote Originally Posted by jinxx
    Well the prospect of going nuts in WG with Mind Sear glyph does make me cackle a bit like a madman. Outside than that I agree it's completely useless for PvE and PvP.
    It's not completely useless for either, it's just no where near the usefullness of others.

PvP:
    AV is the big one I see here, considering the number of bottlenecks that occur, and the disgusting damage is does when you mind sear a pet following the group....Muhahaha

PvE:
    During XT-002 I found that I could almost clear an entire corner of scrapbots on 25 myself, just there was often 1, maybe 2 just out of range of the most centralized target. Will that situation make me get that glyph? Not a chance in hell

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Naphomci
    It's not completely useless for either, it's just no where near the usefullness of others.
    Fair point.

Quote Originally Posted by Naphomci

PvP:
    AV is the big one I see here, considering the number of bottlenecks that occur, and the disgusting damage is does when you mind sear a pet following the group....Muhahaha

PvE:
    During XT-002 I found that I could almost clear an entire corner of scrapbots on 25 myself, just there was often 1, maybe 2 just out of range of the most centralized target. Will that situation make me get that glyph? Not a chance in hell
    Ye u got a point but anyway, noone will glyph that coz its mostly not needed while others are. On XT u can have bad luck but a mage with Frost Nova helps here :> They could have made the glyph so that it will hit the targeted Target too

Quote Originally Posted by Knf
    Mind Sear is super cool, but Pain and Shadow are very good DPS buffs, and MF is a must because Blizzard is stupid and hates us... Nah kidding, but having 30y on MF would be nice after all these years without having to glyph stupidly for it and loosing dps. Whatever. You can't take MS glyph unless you want to reglyph for some of the fights, good gold dump...

Dispersion glyph is PvP... In raids I only use Dispersion for "oh shit I'm to young to die" moments. We don't realy need the mana from it.
    Not to mention, am I the only one who remembers when Bliz promised the MF glyph wasn't going to reduce the movement speed reduction? Not that I PVP much, but the speed reduction would be VERY nice every now and then.

In the alpha Mind Flay was a base 30 yard range. And Pain and Suffering reduced backlash damage by 60%...