Disc/rogue vs shaman/war 3.1

I dunno whats the problem here but as of right now my team is having hard trouble with the new 3.1 Arms warriors buffs. Im getting intercepted/charge like a worthless bitch and shaman always gets away. We sap shaman, war goes sword n board. We either open on war with hard burst during the fear sap but i do crap dmg with sword n board and he intercepts the feared shaman and always lives. Or we open on shaman with hard mana burns and tank the war but he disarms me and shaman gets away cause totems are always removing posions. When we do get back on our target he's alaways charge/intercepting me and i know they get a free 100% crit everytime they do so it's alot of dmg in a short ammount of time and he always kills 1 of us. We need a solid strat for this combo it's gonna be very strong season 6.
    I want to have a child and use it as a pulling tool in dungeons.

Re: Disc/rogue vs shaman/war 3.1

Cross your fingers and hope you don't get RNG'd to death, I guess?

Force the Warrior into using a shield while your Priest hugs the Shaman and tries to get a fear at a good time. As long as the Warrior is using a shield and it's attacking you, the Priest is free to stomp the Poison Cleansing totems.

Mana Burning a Shaman is a waste of time, I don't think I've ever won a match due to it, their passive regen/orbs are too much to deal with. One of them needs to die in a CC chain.

the times we did won i stayed on the warrior keeping him slowed stun piller kiting, but have to be ONTOP of totems to make this way work. Then drop combat sap and get on shaman, we kept doing that until war burns trinket, then we do it once more and i go for the blind, vanish sap and keep training the shaman. We got a few wins that way but they caught on and when i start piller kiting he swtiches to priest and shaman says in the middle of the arena so we are always in LoS of charge/intercept. -_- this freaking hard

another time we won is we open hard on the shaman and evasion tank the war and force a trinket on shaman. then we go defensive and try to pull the war out of LoS and leave the shaman alone. somtimes they get cocky and split up then my prieste fear the shaman (after totem is down) then we burst the war, blind shaman and keep burst on the war. But if we face the same teams again they figure us out or they play defensively all the time sticking on me with hamstring and bleeds and our strat just goes to hell.

I was having the same problems vs warrior+[healer]. Tried a lot of different approaches. Eventually we returned to the basics. Force the shams trinket and lol.

One match I did last night started with a sap on shaman, hard burst on the warrior. Feared the shaman, he trinketed, immediate blind. Warrior was dead and didn't get a single heal. If needed, could have tossed in a vanish sap. I had a load of help from the priest, too. Obviously this can't happen every fight, but hopefully you get what I am saying.
    Hunter
    Druid
    Rogue

I play teh easy classes lozl

sit on war do all that fun stuff (snd ea evis)

kill totem fear into manaburn into blind.

this comp is more dependent on the priest lets just leave it at that. if the priest is dumb and dont have any idea on how to position you are going to lose.
    i'm a rogue nerf me please.

thanks for the tips.... we'll open on war and hard CC on the shaman to force a trinket.... if he does we'll reset fight kite/vanish and reopen and go for a kill on war with hard CC on the shaman. I think this might be most effective cause we can't CC the war so might as well just kill him

you should be able to beat any warrior combo with your rogue only sitting on the warrior, and yes manaburns help against shammy's since healing through MS effect eats any healers manapool. I even outlasted a shaman as a resto druid today when i was playing with a warrior when the shammy was with a DK, and my warrior has 3/4 of his gear from s4 lawl. ( ps: my innervate was purged )

disc priest / rogue will be a very strong comp this season, like it has every season, only even stronger tbh with the DK nerf

yeah disc rogue will be very strong this season. fought a glad priest rogue team three times yesterday and got owned in the face twice. (i play rogue/shaman) if the priest is left alone for any reason the likelyhood of you winning the match will be almost 0.

with self penace and abolish disease removing poison i find it much harder to stay on and pressure a priest (not to mention his rogue slicing me up from behind)

rogues job on priest rogue is to keep the enemy dps occupied while your priest run around.

Quote Originally Posted by rany
    yeah disc rogue will be very strong this season. fought a glad priest rogue team three times yesterday and got owned in the face twice. (i play rogue/shaman) if the priest is left alone for any reason the likelyhood of you winning the match will be almost 0.

with self penace and abolish disease removing poison i find it much harder to stay on and pressure a priest (not to mention his rogue slicing me up from behind)

rogues job on priest rogue is to keep the enemy dps occupied while your priest run around.
    you can't have penance and remove poison (abolish disease)... beacuse remove poison is at deep holy talent tree

Quote Originally Posted by jamesdson
    you can't have penance and remove poison (abolish disease)... beacuse remove poison is at deep holy talent tree
    i stand corrected

With so many warriors going to be popping up, I think maybe rogues need to rethink their builds, giving shadowstep hemo/sdance a try, shadowstep will be important for getting back on the warrior if he's going to be 30 yard charging your priest every 12 seconds or whenever they come into LOS. Switching to a dagger with shadow dance and 3 ambush 2 evisc in a very short time is devastating damage, and with your priest assisting it's more then enough to kill a warrior during a CC on the shaman. It's a lot more complex of a build to play but I think rogues are going to need to adapt instead of the usual spam mutilate build if they want to protect their priest long enough to get a kill.

Any healer + Warrior is a free win for you, or it should be.

It might be the fact that you guys aren't as geared as I am (Rogue) but whenever we see a Warrior + Healer, it's a free win.

Start out with a sap on the healer, rush over to the warrior and start on him, your priest should assist with SW and devouring plauge while making his way over to the healer, sometimes we manage to force a trinket on the sap if the warrior gets caught in battle / zerk stance and then followed by a fear when he trinkets = win

If the warrior is any good he will be in def stance when you open on him, only difference here is that the healer will trinket fear instead of sap and then just wait out fear CD and go a fear / sap / blind / combo and gib the warrior.

You should also be able to win the manafight if you prefer winning by that method, 2x evasion and dismantle = plenty of time for your priest to manaburn and the healer won't really be able to dodge it considering the pressure you put out.

But as I said previously, I got pretty much the top gear, 4/5 deadly with engineering head,Sinister revenge / Twilight Mst and that may be a big factor why you guys have a hard time against warrior + healer because your rogue isn't putting out enough pressure to force the warrior into def stance with shield and sword.

Sitting on 411 resilience, 3640 AP, 31% crit and 19k health.
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Twisting+Nether&cn=Ghoruz&gn=Contraction

Deleted

It took me about 30sec to realize that my rogue has to sit on the warrior while i burn his healers mana away or i'm gonna get owned, this goes for all healer/warrior teams.

Still 100% against warrior teams.

Warrior/Healers team = Rogue opens up with all he has on the warrior, if he trinkets blind him and swap to healer to create more pressure than he already has getting mana burnedor avoiding it. Swap back once the warrior is out and kill him. Worked so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Sneakybastard
    Any healer + Warrior is a free win for you, or it should be.
    Rouges = Kids

Rogues are probably my most hated class to go up against in the arena now as a warrior. Usually I end up just trying to sit on them and if they evasion pretty much spam overpower (1s CD).

Also mana burn certainly is helpful versus a shaman. Since a rogue is doing so much damage to me the shaman has to be in range and paying attention, meaning he'll probably eat a few mana burns.

thanks for the tips.. will be trying all of these. maybe my priest sucks

What I do against a shaman is. We sap the shaman and go for his teammate. When he gets out of sap (trinket or not) I fear him. If he did use trinket I help burn his teammate. If he didn't trinket then I wait for the next fear that he won't be able to break and make sure there's no totem down. Then fear him and burn his teammate.

Download my UI here: Barretta UI

me and my rogue started doing 2's again, and all we do is sap the shammy, i totem stomp (i'm the priest), and he sits on the warrior till he dies or the shaman is totally OOM. Make sure your priest isn't stupid and he's keeping Power word: Shield on you 100% of the time...meaning every 15 seconds you need one. Other than that, he only needs to POM and renew you... the rest of his game is burning, fearing and totem stomping the shaman. GG, done right you win as if nothing happened to you. If you're having problems with Healer+Dps this season, no matter what comp, you may be playing with a bad priest. So far the only thing me and my rogue lose to is Double DPS. Also, if you guys haven't been playing with eachother for very long, that kinda play style is made... you won't just jump right into games with him and automatically be gods.

Good Luck and I hope you learn somethin from what me and my rogue do...

-Mtvriffraff___Winterhoof

Thats exactly what I lost to a million (or maybe a little less hehe) times yday. I play Rshaman+hunter and those who says mana burns doesnt work against shamans are wrong. Very frustrating when about 2/3 of the teams we met was priest/rogue or priest/lock yday. Won only a few of them.

Battlemaster Krystala || Flashbomba || Blitzerman
    Credit to Geekissexy for the awesome signature!

I have found target swapping to be the key in this fight. Even with smart play, you can lose against warrior and shaman due to RNG so that will happen. Just accept it and continue to apply pressure. Either one makes a viable target so if you can't close on one, swap to the other. I have found that that having your priest inside the Warrior charge range (deadzone) can be critical to stopping the charge to priest and intercept back to you. LOS'ing intercepts or anticipating them and not letting the warrior gain distance is definitely a priority. Other than that, smart usage of evasion, dismantle, and KS is the best way to mitigate the warrior. Feint plus pain suppression during bladestorm can give a good opportunity for a warrior kill if you can cc the Shaman since the warrior voluntarily gives up CD management during that brief time for retarded damage.

Either way, its a fun comp to play against, with a nice combo of brute force and finesse required for a win.