Poll: Do you Min / Max For Raids

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Ulduar Min / Maxing

Just curious how many mages out there put in a ton of effort and min max thier specs and professions for raids. With mages not topping damage meters anymore (at least they shouldn't be) getting every bit of DPS out of your character is pretty important when learning new content.

Re: Ulduar Min / Maxing

raiding frost mage.. lol

15+ Year Old Account

whats a minmax?

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Emiex
    With mages not topping damage meters anymore (at least they shouldn't be).
    whos ass did you pull this out of?
    BfA Beta Time

Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle
    whos ass did you pull this out of?
    If your not losing to a feral druid, most rogues and some warlocks your guild members need some serious learn to play advise.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Emiex
    If your not losing to a feral druid, most rogues and some warlocks your guild members need some serious learn to play advise.
    maybe your rogues and locks are better than you? don't make generalizations based off of your skill level.
    BfA Beta Time

maybe your rogues and locks are better than you? don't make generalizations based off of your skill level.
    But seriously.
    If your rogues aren't topping the meters, they're doing it wrong.

I think he's saying that based on how spells and mechanics are working atm, mages shouldnt be in the top dmg done because rogue and feral druids are op. Yea I'm not a mage but I'm bored

Its not that simple, then I could say that maybe your locks, druids, and rogues are better than you. This goes nowhere. The fact of the matter is that a well geared feral druid can pull upwards to 7k dps, when you as a TTW Fire mage are not going above 5500 DPS in most situations for extended periods of time. That is assuming raiding stats of capped hit, ~2400 dmg, 42% crit + raid buffs, ~500 haste. In a perfect situation feral druid vs mage there is no way you can beat the druid. So my point stands. Now if your feral druid is horrible and skewing your judgment then I understand where you are coming from because you don't understand the power of the class.

15+ Year Old Account

honestly, it's always a toss up between a rogue, a spriest, and myself. only time i lose is when i have to break DPS to do other things (nova+kill xt adds, stop casting on ignis, flame levi when i'm in a chopper). every other time, it's safe to say that i win out. mostly due to the fact that i, GASP, min/max my dps and gear.

That is assuming raiding stats of capped hit, ~2400 dmg, 42% crit + raid buffs, ~500 haste.
    if you're using these stats to judge a TtW/fireball optimal DPS, i'd say that there in lies the problem. the crit and haste numbers are relatively low. going by rawr numbers from BiS gear, TtW/fireball has a DPS line of 7.7k (non-gimmick fight).
    BfA Beta Time

Quote Originally Posted by Lorianas
    whats a minmax?
    Min / Max is taking your character and doing every possible thing to increase your dps from 100% PVE spec + the best two professions to increase your dps. Flasking 100% of the time w/ food ect. Basically maximizing your overall dps to the best of your ability.

if you're using these stats to judge a TtW/fireball optimal DPS, i'd say that there in lies the problem. the crit and haste numbers are relatively low. going by rawr numbers from BiS gear, TtW/fireball has a DPS line of 7.7k (non-gimmick fight).
    Rogues and Feral druids (as well as locks to a lesser extent) are doing this WITHOUT BiS...you sir may be the one who raids with bad druids rogues and locks...

You are talking lieas.

I had Bis gear before ulduar(except the turning tide,damn thing wont drop)

And i am always at about 3.7-4.1 k dps in ulduar10 man,and that's enough to be in top 3 always,but i'm usualy first.

As we had server first on 5 bosses in BT,3 in hyal,3 in TK,2 in SSC you can't say we are a bad guild

Mage dps is fine,it depends on the amount you have to move,but generaly i am never under 3-4

If you are saying you are doing any DPS for a long period of time that is above 6k dps you are so full of it. The stats I posted are general not mine, you can look at mine if you want on armory. There isnt a problem to find it is game mechanics. You just have a skewed judgment because either your melee are horrible, or you dont raid with melee.

- Why don't you go ahead and post a WWS of your 7.7k DPS, then we will talk lmao

Yes I am a huge Min/Maxer. I know it doesn't seem like much but that extra 3 spellpower x10 really can help. In Ulduar I am rarely on top. Our 2 Rogues, 1 Feral druid, and 1 out of 3 Warlocks beat me sometimes. Just depends on the fight and what happened. I am still pulling 5.5-6k on most fights and sometimes yes I do top. But I am happy I guess, in Naxx for like 2 months straight it seemed like I was out dpsing the next closest by 1k dps. I want to see bosses die SO I am happy to see people doing a ton of damage to help out.

Quote Originally Posted by Malice83
    Yes I am a huge Min/Maxer. I know it doesn't seem like much but that extra 3 spellpower x10 really can help. In Ulduar I am rarely on top. Our 2 Rogues, 1 Feral druid, and 1 out of 3 Warlocks beat me sometimes. Just depends on the fight and what happened. I am still pulling 5.5-6k on most fights and sometimes yes I do top. But I am happy I guess, in Naxx for like 2 months straight it seemed like I was out dpsing the next closest by 1k dps. I want to see bosses die SO I am happy to see people doing a ton of damage to help out.
    My thoughts exactly

15+ Year Old Account

i can post a hodir parse of 8.9k DPS, but that's not what i was saying, re-read the actual quote. rawr has a TtW/fireball mage with full BiS ulduar gear at 7.7k DPS. i am most certainly not in full ulduar BiS gear.

fyi, i dare you to call pheq (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...Illidan&n=Pheq) and nubzy (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...llidan&n=Nubzy) bad. go ahead, i triple dog dare ya.
    BfA Beta Time

8.8 on Hodir means thing, on general I was avg 10k, in fight mechanics that increase DPS do not count. I am talking about fights that don't have mechanics that increase your DPS. If these players you posted are not beating you consistently on the damage meters, especially the rogue, yes they are newb and bad.

15+ Year Old Account

judging by your gems and gear choices, i highly doubt your DPS output.

http://www.wowmeteronline.com//combat/log/606861

take it for what you will.
    BfA Beta Time

judging by your gems and gear choices, i highly doubt your DPS output.

http://www.wowmeteronline.com//combat/log/606861

take it for what you will.
    I hope you are not talking to me cause that comment just solidifies that you have no clue what you are talking about. Sure there are upgrades I could get, but there is nothing wrong with my gem choices. You sir lost an argument and you have to resort to a petty insult that did not even make sense. L2P scrub

Ex - 1
    Random Idiot - 0