View Poll Results: Do you Min / Max For Raids

Voters
148. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I know I do

    82 55.41%
  • No, who cares I want to have fun and people dont tell me what to do

    20 13.51%
  • I think I do

    15 10.14%
  • Whats Min / Max

    31 20.95%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
3
4
5
  1. #81

    Re: Ulduar Min / Maxing

    Lots of godawful fail mages in this thread (aka all the ones saying enchanting speed on boots is dumb). It doesn't take being in a good guild to be smart enough to know why speed is a good idea.

    Ensidia says it best though.

    http://www.ensidia.com/home/mage-part-1-general/

    Your boots should be enchanted with Tuskar’s Vitality on every movement or heavy raid damage encounter.

    That's what seperates good mages from bad though--good mages will think outside the box, bad mages will go THAT DOESNT MAKE SENSE LOL UR DUMB.

    I do find it amusing how the OP started his thread with "I LOVE MIN MAXING" and then ended it with "I don't care what's better" though.

  2. #82

    Re: Ulduar Min / Maxing

    Quote Originally Posted by Mclovin256
    Lots of godawful fail mages in this thread (aka all the ones saying enchanting speed on boots is dumb). It doesn't take being in a good guild to be smart enough to know why speed is a good idea.

    Ensidia says it best though.

    http://www.ensidia.com/home/mage-part-1-general/

    Your boots should be enchanted with Tuskar’s Vitality on every movement or heavy raid damage encounter.

    That's what seperates good mages from bad though--good mages will think outside the box, bad mages will go THAT DOESNT MAKE SENSE LOL UR DUMB.

    I do find it amusing how the OP started his thread with "I LOVE MIN MAXING" and then ended it with "I don't care what's better" though.
    you're not really thinking outside the box if your main argument is a quote from another mage. after reading that "guide", i have to seriously question ekye. stoneblood flask as recommended consumable? really? also, he doesn't give a reason for picking up tuskar's vitality, other than you need to move away faster, but doesn't mention the easiest escape mechanic in game: blink. 9 sp 12 stam gems for blue sockets? really? for pvp i'd agree, but this is raiding. mages can mitigate damage very easily in a raid if they are smart, they don't need to socket for more hp to do so. also, frostfire ball? what the hell is that? if you plan on writing a guide about the class which you play, at least make sure you get the spellings and names right.

  3. #83

    Re: Ulduar Min / Maxing

    English isn't his first language. FFB is called FFBall in the version of the game he plays.

    Obviously you don't remember much about progression raiding. What flask was it that all the top end guilds used when getting world firsts pre BC? It wasn't dps stats.

    You're flat out wrong, anyway. The tiny, tiny dps boost you gain from spirit gems is less than 10 dps. There are plenty of fights where you take a ridiculous amount of unavoidable damage in Uldaur, where I've seen mages die simply because they have little to no hp. P2 mimiron comes to mind, ignis when he bursts when fire ward is on cooldown, Thorim, Gravity Bombs on XT, Razorscale fireballs, etc. That extra hp saves your life, which is far better than the tiny dps boost from spirit gems.

    but by all means, keep thinking that other mages more progressed than you are wrong and you're right. Typically when people see that players better than them are doing something different, they think "huh, there must be something to that" and not "wow, they're stupid".

  4. #84

    Re: Ulduar Min / Maxing

    Quote Originally Posted by Mclovin256
    English isn't his first language. FFB is called FFBall in the version of the game he plays.

    Obviously you don't remember much about progression raiding. What flask was it that all the top end guilds used when getting world firsts pre BC? It wasn't dps stats.

    You're flat out wrong, anyway. The tiny, tiny dps boost you gain from spirit gems is less than 10 dps. There are plenty of fights where you take a ridiculous amount of unavoidable damage in Uldaur, where I've seen mages die simply because they have little to no hp. P2 mimiron comes to mind, ignis when he bursts when fire ward is on cooldown, Thorim, Gravity Bombs on XT, Razorscale fireballs, etc. That extra hp saves your life, which is far better than the tiny dps boost from spirit gems.

    but by all means, keep thinking that other mages more progressed than you are wrong and you're right. Typically when people see that players better than them are doing something different, they think "huh, there must be something to that" and not "wow, they're stupid".
    you seem to misunderstand, me not agreeing with you doesn't make me bad, it makes me different. but the way you blindly follow what some mage from europe says just because they are in ensidia seems to make me think that you can in fact not come up with your own ideas. 120 hp WON'T let you live through a huge hit like the ones you mentioned, but using your mage abilities like mana shield, ice block, frost/fire ward, blink to survive, not gemming for 12 more stamina.

    also, the hypocrisy oozing out of your post is pro.

  5. #85

    Re: Ulduar Min / Maxing

    Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle
    you seem to misunderstand, me not agreeing with you doesn't make me bad, it makes me different. but the way you blindly follow what some mage from europe says just because they are in ensidia seems to make me think that you can in fact not come up with your own ideas. 120 hp WON'T let you live through a huge hit like the ones you mentioned, but using your mage abilities like mana shield, ice block, frost/fire ward, blink to survive, not gemming for 12 more stamina.

    also, the hypocrisy oozing out of your post is pro.
    No, you not agreeing with me makes you wrong.

    It's not just some mage in Ensidia, it's the vast majority of good mages in the game. A group with does not, apperantly, include you.

    Also, you apperantly don't understand what "unavoidable damage" is. Laser Barrage on Mimiron is a great example. Ice Block might save you, but it's got a long cooldown and you'll be eating alot more than one. Mana shield if you like to go oom I guess. You can't fire or frost ward it, you can't blink out of it. I specifically mentioned ignis when fire ward was down. You're pretty much not listening at all.

    Basically, lots of mages think you're wrong and are bad. Those mages also happen to be more progressed than your scrubby ass. I saw what they said, thought about it for myself, and realized they were right. you're just looking at it and going "THAT MAKES NO SENSE I'M CONFUSED".

  6. #86

    Re: Ulduar Min / Maxing

    personal attacks are logic at its finest.

    also, who are you again?

  7. #87

    Re: Ulduar Min / Maxing

    Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle
    personal attacks are logic at its finest.

    also, who are you again?
    You aren't too good at this logic thing, are you?

    Oh, and I missed this little gem where malice83 is a retard. You do know that the patch on APRIL 21, days before you made your post, hotfixed FM so that if you cast it on a target, and that target crit, it would, instead of giving you the crit buff, check to see if you had the talent, and if not, wipe it from the guy who did? I mean, it was on the front page of this site when it happened. "Focus Magic and Hunger for Blood should no longer last through a talent switch."

    MMO-Champion mages are worse than wow forum mages, and that really takes talent.

  8. #88

    Re: Ulduar Min / Maxing

    Quote Originally Posted by Mclovin256
    You aren't too good at this logic thing, are you?

    ...

    MMO-Champion mages are worse than wow forum mages, and that really takes talent.
    i'm not, it's why i'm trying to learn from you, the master. so, attacking everyone who doesn't agree with you is how i should do it? okay, i'll put that in my notes. calling other people brainless and stupid when your only argument is blind support to another mage's quote? got it. not backing up my arguments but instead resorting to petty childish bickering? okay okay, i'll add that too. any other gem of wisdom you would like to impart on the rest of the mage community, who is so far below the level of your god given insight and talent? maybe offering us a link to your armory with every hard mode completed along with yogg killed so we can learn how this is done? i mean, any help that you, oh mighty sahib, can offer us, the ignorant free thinking masses, would make us so happy.


  9. #89

    Re: Ulduar Min / Maxing

    Anyone seen Fantastic four?

    "FLAME ON!!"

    ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
    Quote Originally Posted by coolcatchris
    also, we're not glass cannons anymore, we haven't been for ages. either that or everyone is a cannon, and some are plate cannons.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •