Disc priest pvp 3.1 : MP5 or spirit ?

I struggled all season 5 to get some descend spirit on my gear so i didn't had to run arround with 115mp5 while casting, now with the adjustement to spirit, it seems to suck more than ever.

I'm now a 189mp5 ( all from spirit but a 22mp5 trinket ). I find it quite low compared on how easy shaman and paladin can regen mana.

So i'm switching my hatefull cloak for deadly, should i aim on item with MP5 now instead of spirit ? I'll still take mooncloth 5/5 but i'm asking for my off-set items !

I have now ( self buffed ) 24,700 hp and 768 res, 189 mp5, arround 1780 SP

Thank you

Re: Disc priest pvp 3.1 : MP5 or spirit ?

One piece isn't gonna make that much of a difference whether its mp5 or spirit imo. If your not PvP hit caped you will likely see more of an upgrade there.

Shaman and Paladin are OP when it comes to mana regen, but they pay for it elsewhere with lack of mobility. Trying to compare Priests mana regen to theirs is kind of silly.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Burning+Blade&cn=Ap%C3%A1che

Quote Originally Posted by Blitond
    One piece isn't gonna make that much of a difference whether its mp5 or spirit imo. If your not PvP hit caped you will likely see more of an upgrade there.

Shaman and Paladin are OP when it comes to mana regen, but they pay for it elsewhere with lack of mobility. Trying to compare Priests mana regen to theirs is kind of silly.
    Yeah i forgot how their ghostwolf and blessing of freedom suck at mobility

Quote Originally Posted by Jaromir
    Yeah i forgot how their ghostwolf and blessing of freedom suck at mobility
    Ummm I'm a Priest I dispel :P

"1 MP5" is worth exactly 0.4 MP5 if you calculate in the itemization cost. This number will never change, nor can it be boosted.
    "1 spirit" is worth 0.3 MP5 with meditation inside the FSR, 0.6 MP5 OOFSR, assuming you have exactly 1293 intellect.
    If you have less intellect, spirit is worth less regen. If you have more intellect, spirit is worth more regen.
    Buffs increasing spirit % or intellect will increase this output. In a raid setting, spirit usually ends up worse than MP5, but not by a longshot.

Disregarding buffs, as long as you are constantly casting and at exactly 1293 intellect, you can increase your longevity by +33% by replacing all your spirit for MP5. If you are never casting, you can increase your longevity by 25% by replacing absolutely all your MP5 for spirit.
    You won't be able to replace it all, but you can go a long way.

Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

Quote Originally Posted by K21Nova
    Do we dispel crippling poison, hamstring and curse of exhaustion too? No, we don't.
    Priest's mobility in PvP isn't anywhere near as good as a paladin's.
    There's alot more to mobility than freedom and ghostwolf. By your and Jaromirs logic yes each 1 spell is better for mobility than any 1 spell disc priests have, buy you fail to look at the whole picture. We can sustain healing/mitigation on the run and while protecting ourselves using LoS. This is where we shine in pvp healing and if you fail to see it it's kind of pointless arguing with you.

This is a half decent question for me aswell, I'm also deciding whether to go for spirit of mp5 on a cloak (or other slots) and I run with a feral druid so i do get an innervate, if i'm not a tard and dont get it dispelled anyway =p

So, the question is, will the spirit make up for the mp5 with my comp?

Quote Originally Posted by Blitond
    There's alot more to mobility than freedom and ghostwolf. By your and Jaromirs logic yes each 1 spell is better for mobility than any 1 spell disc priests have, buy you fail to look at the whole picture. We can sustain healing/mitigation on the run and while protecting ourselves using LoS. This is where we shine in pvp healing and if you fail to see it it's kind of pointless arguing with you.
    It's pointless since the beginning cause my question is about MP5 vs spirit