XT-002 (25) as a frost mage

I have been reading a bit, and it seems like it should be possible for two frost mages to take care of all the spawning adds - with a little help from a hunter with the boombots if needed.

I've done some testing and watched some spreadsheets and it seems like frost is "just" about 1k dps behind Fire or an arcane build.

So if you spec like http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#of0Vck0hZZAIcIRfu0c0gbox you should still have a close to viable dps spec, but also with a very nice slowing effect to blizzard - 90% to be exact!

What is your opinion on this ?

Re: XT-002 (25) as a frost mage

I have a few problems with your spec, like Spell impact, im just "Why?", plz make me understand . Also I really dont think you need Arcane Meditation when you have frost channeling and no tow?

I like the idear of imp Blizzard on the add, but I think you will not do your part of the damage. Maybe if your raid can do the dps your will lack, maybe and only maybe imp blizz would be an idear.

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?mage...0&version=9806

this seems better.
    You need Torment the weak if you want to do dmg

3 glyphs are
    Frosbolt
    Ice lance
    Water elemental

And you can't get a 90% slowing effect on Blizzard anymore. It's max 50% with 3 pts in improved Blizzard.
    But it would still be enough I think.
    *French guy inside*
    *please forgive my poor english*

meh me(warlock) and another warlock both solo the adds on each side so you should'nt have a problem, because you actually have a slow effect lol

Quote Originally Posted by Proxiz
    Spell impact, im just "Why?", plz make me understand
    With Glyph of Icelance you may want to use the "FB + FB-IL" combo on FoF
    And impact increase the dmg of IL by 6%

I don't see any problems with Imp Blizzard on your spec as Frost raiding mage.. you have enough pts to spare.
    The only probleme is actually to be a Frost mage in raid ;D
    *French guy inside*

Quote Originally Posted by qae
    http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?mage...0&version=9806

this seems better.
    You need Torment the weak if you want to do dmg

3 glyphs are
    Frosbolt
    Ice lance
    Water elemental

And you can't get a 90% slowing effect on Blizzard anymore. It's max 50% with 3 pts in improved Blizzard.
    But it would still be enough I think.
    One problem tho is that FoF wont procc on Frostbolt since you remove the effect from Frostbolt with that glyph, saw a Blue commenting on that and that it was working as intended but dont know if they changed it in the patch. Tho frost would be good on the adds its absolutly doabel without beeing it.

Edit: Ofc it would procc on Blizzard but wont help to much if you gimp the singel-target dps to much.

Quote Originally Posted by qae
    And impact increase the dmg of IL by 6%
    IMO its not worth it. I would rather have 3% more spirit and 2/2 in Magic Absorbtion. There is a lot of raid damage on XT so it should give some mana back.

Quote Originally Posted by Bancken
    One problem tho is that FoF wont procc on Frostbolt since you remove the effect from Frostbolt with that glyph
    awwww.. that's so disapointing.. Wasn't sure about that ( Are you? I would like a link eventually :-[)

So.. I'm sure that not taking the glyph of Frosbolt (losing 5% dmg) would not be a good idea.. but then without FoF procs I don't see when you are gonna use Ice lance on a boss fight..

I don't get the point of the glyph of Icelance then.. I'm confused.

Or is FoF as useless in pve as Brain Freeze? >

Quote Originally Posted by Proxiz
    IMO its not worth it. I would rather have 3% more spirit and 2/2 in Magic Absorbtion. There is a lot of raid damage on XT so it should give some mana back.
    it's all about min-maxing you know.. If you do use Ice lance alot 6% more dmg is huge.
    And as frost you won't have mana problems. Especially in raid environment.

*French guy inside*

if you want to raid like frost there is only 1 build there is working

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?mage...8&version=9806

i have raidet a littel with it, and with 4 pice t7 i was around 3400 dps in 25 nax.

as raiding frost say goodbye to you slowing effects.

Quote Originally Posted by komplexvn
    Ill just throw this in as a thread killer. You cannot slow XT adds. They can be snared in place ie frost nova, but blizzard slowing doesnt affect them. Neither do hunter traps.
    you have not done xt this week then nor read updates.

Let get this clear - im not looking for a frost raiding spec, what im looking for / or suggesting is a spec thats viable on the XT-002 encounter to deal with the adds

I chose arcane meditation 'cause i think running out of mana isnt that cool when you're alone with adds on either right or left side of the boss area.

speccing into frost just for XT-002 is pointless , most decent guilds did in the first week and since then they nerfed the encounter + extra time on the enrage , its really easy now . Besides you cant slow them down just frost nova .
    Banned for trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by forlulz
    speccing into frost just for XT-002 is pointless , most decent guilds did in the first week and since then they nerfed the encounter + extra time on the enrage , its really easy now . Besides you cant slow them down just frost nova .
    screecher said said it was changed, which i also have read somewhere, i think.

Quote Originally Posted by forlulz
    Uhm... Dualspec? Went over to the frostspec just for this encounter asw as our other mage, not only did we singlehandedly take care of the adds but we also made it easier on the healers during tantrum by using our barriers. I also won the DPS meter during this fight, prolly cause of the massdamage from the AoE but also FoF procced like a madman and i actually had to stop DPS for a bit or the tank would have lost aggro.
    Quote Originally Posted by coolcatchris
    also, we're not glass cannons anymore, we haven't been for ages. either that or everyone is a cannon, and some are plate cannons.

its prob not worth gooing frost for it since it can be done in any spec.
    every spec has the frost nova which is the most important one u want for rooting those small bots.
    u also got your cone of cold for when they are still running and in my ffb spec i took blast wave for fun so i can also just throw them back where they came from if they get out my nova before i killed them.

usually i just nova them till the heart phase is over , and then our ranged aoe classes throw one or 2 aoe spells on them and then back to the boss.

in my opinion its not worth the trouble to go to a frost spec with less dps

have done it as my main spec arcane its not as hard as everyone makes it seem. I was on one side controlling 2 trash piles and a hunter was on the other controlling 2 trash piles with a shamen in the middle throwing down magma totem if they started to get heavy.

tried the frost spec last night and it seemed viable. Did around 4k (a bit low, but.. yea...) on the boss and increased when the Hearth phase started, and had very good control of the adds.

Completely retarded to specc frost for that encounter. You can do it fine with fire imho.