rawr enhance help

Anyone know how to set up rawr to aviod socket bonus when gemming if it is better to socket different gems and lose the bonus? Right now it wants me to socket blue gems to get a +stam socket bonus.

Thanks

Re: rawr enhance help

You should not really have to set up any options for this other than choosing which gemming templates you want to use. When you run the optimizer at that point it should give you the best setup based on the gear you gave it and the gems available to you. If you are having some issues post up your saved .xml file for download and I will take a look at it.

Can't you specify optimize for DPS instead of survivability? That should clear this up.

I know that I've been told by rawr to put reds in blue sockets already after specifying optimize for dps....

Josh, that could be the only thing preventing it. There is an option in a drop-down box when you choose to optimize. It gives you the choice to calculate optimization for a couple of different options (including overall and survivability). This is where you want to select dps rating so that it doesn't care about stam bonuses, etc.

Interesting.

I wonder if rawr would be of any use for optimizing for PVP? Could be a silly thought, but it would be nice to be able to quantify the balance between survivability and DPS as enhancement. Survivability is a lot more objective than cold hard DPS numbers, but it may be worth playing around with.

Otherwise, I'm not sure why rawr would allow to run for survivability.

Im having trouble finding pieces of loot. I got the enhance t8, and i know it has to be somewhere on the list of upgrades or down grades yet i comb over and dont see it. Is there a way to quickly find pieces?

isn't there a search box feature?

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Nizjub
    Im having trouble finding pieces of loot. I got the enhance t8, and i know it has to be somewhere on the list of upgrades or down grades yet i comb over and dont see it. Is there a way to quickly find pieces?
    It entirely depends on what items you have in your cache. I'd suggest you use the tools "load possible upgrades from wowhead" option to ensure you have the very latest item stats from wowhead.

Speaking of that feature Levva, I'll be glad when they add in the other items completely. Whenever I try to do a thorough Upgrade List I have to delete out a lot of random ones (items that will never will be an upgrade for us) for the list to complete without a null error. This is just coming from the items that have no data, so i just deleted them out of the item list.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Joshua
    Interesting.

I wonder if rawr would be of any use for optimizing for PVP? Could be a silly thought, but it would be nice to be able to quantify the balance between survivability and DPS as enhancement. Survivability is a lot more objective than cold hard DPS numbers, but it may be worth playing around with.

Otherwise, I'm not sure why rawr would allow to run for survivability.
    At present the ONLY calculation Rawr does for "survivability" is to give a figure for stamina. I'm only on my iPhone in hotel at present and laptop is in boot of car so I can't check Rawr source code. If I get Rawr model to a stable state where people are confident it's figures are accurate I might be persuaded to add in some calculation for resilience not at all sure what else would be useful for the pointless kiddie LOL I owned you fest that passes for PvP on wow.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Barrar
    Speaking of that feature Levva, I'll be glad when they add in the other items completely. Whenever I try to do a thorough Upgrade List I have to delete out a lot of random ones (items that will never will be an upgrade for us) for the list to complete without a null error. This is just coming from the items that have no data, so i just deleted them out of the item list.
    Who are "they" in this context?

It should only add items that are within 80% of your current gear.

What "null error" are you talking about? First I've heard of it. Can you give examples of itemids with "no data".

OK. For example, I have ran the optimizer on my current gear and now want to build an upgrade list. I set the "Thoroughness" to maximum to get the best possible results. It makes it to 2% complete and then hits a "Unhandled exception has occurred in your application".

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

The particular item it errored on is "Frostbridge Orb". If I go into the edit item menu and remove it completely it will make it a bit further before it errors on another with the same error. If I go through and remove all the items doing this it will finally let me finish the upgrade list. If I remember correctly I had to remove close to 20 or more items that were causing this error.

Deleted

OK. For example, I have ran the optimizer on my current gear and now want to build an upgrade list. I set the "Thoroughness" to maximum to get the best possible results. It makes it to 2% complete and then hits a "Unhandled exception has occurred in your application".

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

The particular item it errored on is "Frostbridge Orb". If I go into the edit item menu and remove it completely it will make it a bit further before it errors on another with the same error. If I go through and remove all the items doing this it will finally let me finish the upgrade list. If I remember correctly I had to remove close to 20 or more items that were causing this error.
    That was a bug in v2.2.0.9 you should never have been given the option of equipping "held in off-hand" items I fixed this a couple of days ago. When you install v2.2.1 it will fix it but ONLY if you delete your old directory. If you overwrite it will not necessarily update your itemcache and thus may leave old crap in place.

I've just tried loading your armory profile and running the optimiser in current svn version and it didn't error at all.

It ran beautifully today at work. Thanks for the fix Levva.

Deleted

It ran beautifully today at work. Thanks for the fix Levva.
    Tutt, tutt, tutt, running simulators at work. Next you'll be telling me you are helping code them whilst at work. Hmmm wait a minute, no that's me, that codes it at work