Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Martini

Re: Glyph of Divine Plea

Quote Originally Posted by Tyneside
    Kings produces far more EH, and if you're fighting PROGRESSION content (i.e. bosses that are actually hard), it provides a much better TTL over a long term fight. It is a significant increase in HP and a marginal increase in armor which equates to being able to take those 11k hits from Ulduar bosses with a lot more certainty.

This is not to say Sanc is useless, it has it's place. But that place is when bosses hit light and fast, when healers are going OOM, or when content no longer carries with it the inherent risk of death. It is not for when you're staring death in the face.

On the subject of DP glyph:

It does stack w/ BoS, tested on both the PTR and live servers. We have the highest %age reduction value of any class. We also have a mediocre HP pool, decent avoidance and lolBlock. A pretty good, and well rounded, place to be. Personally my glyph choices are SoV/DP/HoS.

Don't overlook the HoS glyph. While it does have a serious down side, for predictable mitigation it is worth having. 20% is nothing to sneeze at and the threat reduction, especially with our new Crusade spec, is hardly a problem. FYI, HoSalv is a buff you can click off or /cancelaura. HotR would be my other choice if this didn't exist, though.
    I actually gave that some thought, the HoS that is.
    Everything is tauntable, and like you said /cancelaura, which I did make a macro with the intention of using that glyph. Only problem. It costs 900 fucking gold. Really? I think the people who screwed the american economy are inscriptionists in WoW....
    Thinking outside the box is something I do well.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyneside
    Kings produces far more EH, and if you're fighting PROGRESSION content (i.e. bosses that are actually hard), it provides a much better TTL over a long term fight. It is a significant increase in HP and a marginal increase in armor which equates to being able to take those 11k hits from Ulduar bosses with a lot more certainty.

This is not to say Sanc is useless, it has it's place. But that place is when bosses hit light and fast, when healers are going OOM, or when content no longer carries with it the inherent risk of death. It is not for when you're staring death in the face.
    It's terrible to assume every fight is an EH fight. Coupled with the fact that you won't actually ever be in a situation without kings and sanc, the argument is pointless.

Queue someone attempting to defend 10 man mode as "difficult" content.

if they didn't stack, everytime you pop DP when glyphed, BoSanc would drop off your buff bar. also they are NOT the same buff, one is dmg reduction and mana return ON AVOIDANCE, the other is dmg reduction and constant mana return. the way in which the mana is returned is what makes them different.

Martini

Quote Originally Posted by Alenko
    if they didn't stack, everytime you pop DP when glyphed, BoSanc would drop off your buff bar. also they are NOT the same buff, one is dmg reduction and mana return ON AVOIDANCE, the other is dmg reduction and constant mana return. the way in which the mana is returned is what makes them different.
    /sigh

Quote Originally Posted by Parium
    /sigh

I feel your pain.
    Looking for a great guild on Tichondrius?

I don't have anything to really offer to the thread other than my thanks on showing the math on paladin tanks. It is of interest.
    Quote Originally Posted by Parium
    It costs 900 fucking gold. Really? I think the people who screwed the american economy are inscriptionists in WoW....
    A) Scribes/Glyphs will only be high value for a week or two to go, then everyone will have mostly locked in their glyphs (off dual spec) and won't be buying any, so hard to feel bad giving them some gold for the short time they're in demand

B) gold tuff lol

Quote Originally Posted by Eurytos
    So, tell me why Kings is better for a pally if he's the only pally in raid?
    Kings gives around 8% more hp to most pallies in typical current raiding gear. As far as effective health goes, that beats 3% damage reduction, unless somehow that 3% extra incoming damage is somehow killing the mana pool of your healers (which incidentally is offset by the new tier 1 talent anyway, coincidence?).

This is not even counting the benefit of extra mitigation through block value (via 10% increased strength), and the small amount of extra dodge and armor you're going to get (via 10% increased agility). Plus some extra threat from block value, AP, spellpower (through sta->sp talent) and a small amount of additional crit %.

The new glyph has basically eliminated the mana concerns of using kings as a tankadin if you're the only pally in the raid. Going by the numbers, Sanctuary is nice, but it should definitely be your 2nd buff.

Quote Originally Posted by Offhand
    Queue someone attempting to defend 10 man mode as "difficult" content.
    If you're actually doing new 10-man content in gear from the previous 10-man, like Blizzard intended, then you will need to think about EH.