Suggest my Dual Spec

First of all, thank you for these forums. It's nice to see that a mature discussion is possible, as opposed to the flame wars disguised as rogues forums on other sites...

My main spec is Mutilate and I love it. Daggers and opening from stealth just feel more roguey(?) to me. My DPS isn't that bad either. I'm looking for suggestions for my dual spec. I've auditioned HaT & Fist/dagger combat, but wasn't sold on either. I really enjoyed HaT, but I'm concerned that since pets and minions no longer proc combo points, it's a dying spec. Combat was just kind of boring. I'm not trying to antagonize the combat rogues out there, it's just not for me. I'd also love to be able to use my daggers, rather than switching to fist/dagger.

So...are there any other specs I should be looking into? I don't PvP that much, so that's not a concern.

What dual pairs are you all running with?

Thanks in advance,
    Nave

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...threzim&n=Nave

15+ Year Old Account

Re: Suggest my Dual Spec

Imo, make a pvp spec.
    "We all make choices, but in the end our choices make us." - Andrew Ryan

Thanks for the responses guys!

Tethrys: am I being too hard on HaT, or is it in fact dying?

Toocruel: is there a good (subtlety maybe?) PVP spec for daggers? As much as I'm a rookie when it comes to rogues (and WoW), I'm a complete infant with PvP...

Thanks again...

Rogues were always meant to be more of a PVP class than a DPS class, even at it's purest form.

If you're not pvping i believe you're missing the point of playing a rogue. Sure you might prefer PVE to PVP but, the best choice for a dual speccing rogue is to pick one PVP and one PVE build so that you'll be able to experience 100% of your class' nature.
    Quote Originally Posted by General_Typhus View Post
    Hi i am any class in the game. To beat me spam icelance and then talk about how skilled you are when the 20k crits roll in.

Quote Originally Posted by nave
    Toocruel: is there a good (subtlety maybe?) PVP spec for daggers? As much as I'm a rookie when it comes to rogues (and WoW), I'm a complete infant with PvP...
    It's called Mut/Prep

Quote Originally Posted by Skivoh
    Rogues were always meant to be more of a PVP class than a DPS class, even at it's purest form.
    You are aware that WoW didn't even ship with PvP, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Toocruel
    Shadowdance as well :
    Yes, but a beginner in PVP shouldn't go bang his head against the wall with a sub build... Go mutilate stuff, start learning, you'll have time to think about the pr0spec for a very long time before you can actually get anything out of it

51-5-25, efficient as hell, and kinda straight forward!

...or if you are only into PVE, make a lolAoE spec, AR/Overkill with FoK glyph, dual slow weapon... add TotT, and this thing is really FTW

Quote Originally Posted by Swiftz
    51-5-25, efficient as hell, and kinda straight forward!
    Mhmm... level 90...

If you PVP occasionally, I would make the other spec a PVP spec.

Otherwise, I would go with HAT. I think it will be efficient and high in dps in raids or bosses that you have on farm.

Seems to me like you should just save your 1k gold for something else. If you don't pvp and you don't like combat or hat spec - then you only need one spec. Duel spec is meant for people who switch back and forth all the time, saving money and time in the long run. If you're going to stick with a pve mut spec, just have one spec and spend the occasional 50g to respec (it'll probably even be less than that since you just like the one spec).

Personally, I use PvE Mut and Mut/Prep as my 2 specs. I do a good amount of casual battlegrounds and arena in between raids - so it's nice to be able to have a good spec even if I'm not too serious about it. Also, I like questing as mut/prep because of the nice burst and so I can do some nice world pvp/ganking (ya, I'm one of those rogues).
    Quote Originally Posted by ruberchoice
    who lomg untill its fixed?

Personally i ran with Combat (15/51/5) as my mainspecc, and a PvE Mutilate for offspecc. Which i actuslly just used on a dummy, as i like the rotation.
    After 3.1.1, i still haven't set my second specc. I think i'll try Mut/prep for fun though.

Thanks for the replies.

I think I was turned off from PvP because I was trying it as a low-level, undergeared rogue. Now, at 73 approaching 80, I think it's probably much more viable (and fun!).

So I can keep my daggers, I'm looking at mut/prep or shadowdance. I don't know anything about the two other than the names. Can someone point me in the right direction? I'm kinda looking for The Beginner's Guide to [insert spec here]...

Thanks!