Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Selecting a Horde shaman

Orc racial does not increase healing when activated

So Tauren is the obvious choice for PvP as resto, and for PvE resto troll would come out ahead slightly.

Id base your choice off aesthetics if i were you.

Quote Originally Posted by Torture
    Actually, I'd agree. Sadly they're so ugly you'd actually burn your own eyes out far sooner ;D

[edit]: spelling like a four year old.
    your statement reflects that of a four year old as well, so why edit it...
    the ensidia ban was clever marketing

oh noes, someone is using engineering

Brewmaster
    15+ Year Old Account

Orcs have uber Casting animation.
    Female Trolls have excellent casting animation.
    Taurens have awfull casting animation... (im a tauren).

However taurens have AWESOME instant cast animation (riptide ftw ;]).

Pick whoever you'll love it.

BTw, there is one female troll who looks awesome, and is actually more pretty than all allies faces put together. Move a slider a bit, and you'll know which one is that :P

Deleted

imo

PVP:

Resto - tauren/troll
    Enh - tauren
    Elem - tauren/troll

PVE:

Resto - Troll
    Enh - Orc
    Elem - Orc

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account

to everyone who has said tauren is best for pvp, i am sry but u r sadly mistaken. a 2 sec stun that u have to cast...great racial..

trolls look gay and their racials r even gayer

orcs r only real choice. bloodfury is good, not amazing but good. if ur not used to horde, get used to crappy racials

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by SergeantStogie
    to everyone who has said tauren is best for pvp, i am sry but u r sadly mistaken. a 2 sec stun that u have to cast...great racial..

trolls look gay and their racials r even gayer

orcs r only real choice. bloodfury is good, not amazing but good. if ur not used to horde, get used to crappy racials
    I was thinking more along the lines of the extra health, but forgot that took an ass pounding too, and I'm not a big pvp'er, just going with what the general consensus seems to be on pvp shammys But I stick by my pve opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by ForDarkspear
    Orc racial does not increase healing when activated

So Tauren is the obvious choice for PvP as resto, and for PvE resto troll would come out ahead slightly.

Id base your choice off aesthetics if i were you.
    QFT.

Blood Fury does NOT increase healing. Ignore everyone who's using it as a selling point. If you are planning on being resto, that racial would be all but entirely useless to you when you're healing. Berserking would get used far more.

Quote Originally Posted by Rellikk
    wow way to be lazy and ignore the like thousands of theads about this not only on this website but wows threads as well.. u FAIL
    No harm done asking a question like the OP has.
    This forum is basically for answering questions such as these.
    The only time that's been wasted here is you posting mindless shit.

im just sayin... if paladins could be trolls i wouldnt be a bloodelf

Best enh shamy = orc
    Best resto/elem = troll (pve)/touren (pvp)

My english was bad, but since I left EU for my own loc. server it become even more bad. Sorry for leaving You, EU :P

Taurens have by far the best racial:

Every time I drop four totems and type /dance, my heart jumps with joy that I've chosen a Tauren.

after 4 years of playing a tauren shaman 2 things happen to me over and over...

1. pve - dammit.. dammit .. i should have made an orc, but its too late now... ive put too much into this character
    2. pvp - HAHAH bitches, thats right watch my wolf ass run away while stunned in a group of fail !!!! - and now i can root em too !

my tauren may think about gardening but never actually pick any herbs while my orc buddy can pop an extra trinket and do a whack more dmg then me, but i still play the tauren because stomp is a life saver in pvp.

Honestly, as enhance shaman since WoW release I have to say that Orc racials are -not- the best.
    I repeat, they are -not- the best for PVE raiding.
    Blood Fury doesn't scale for starters. The AP is pretty nice but when you're over 4k AP unbuffed the increased effect isn't all that anymore.
    Troll Berserking however gets better the better your gear gets.
    Since BC came out I've not used an axe whilst raiding either. Always fists, maces, and sometimes daggers. Looks like there's a nice axe from Yoggy (think it was him?) but there's a mace you can use in that slot as well. So the axe racial is wasted.
    And the pets racial just doesn't outweigh the haste.
    Remember attack speed increase gets better as your gear gets better, whilst Blood Fury has no scaling whatsoever.

PS: And if you're looking to go resto, Blood Fury is even more useless, as is the benefit from axes. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Ralu
    2.  pvp -  HAHAH bitches, thats right watch my wolf ass run away while stunned in a group of fail !!!! - and now i can root em too !
    Now we can start looong time discussion what's better in PvP - free stomp OR free 5 expertize (at last we have some axes!), 5% dmg bonus to wolfes and free ap+spd burst

P.S.my 1st char was orc shamy, i picked up ench and since then (like 4 years) i love it much...tryed touren but stoped at 70 - not so better then orc to force him lvl up..

P.P.S. i have put blood fury on macro with sham rage (1st macro) and (2nd macro) with bloodlust so its allways in time

My english was bad, but since I left EU for my own loc. server it become even more bad. Sorry for leaving You, EU :P

Quote Originally Posted by Rellikk
    wow way to be lazy and ignore the like thousands of theads about this not only on this website but wows threads as well.. u FAIL
    Have you ever tried looking those threads up on WoW forums?? I did. You have to sift through 4 years of outdated information and then sift through the gargage posted by all of the 12 year olds on there. I'd like to think that this forum is better moderated and a bit more professional. That's the reason I posted on here. Things change all the time. Racials have been overhauled more times than I can count and those are what I am basing my decision on.

Thank you guys for all of the info. I will say that I am surprised that out of 30+ replies, only one person had to act like a clown. I started leveling my female troll last night and she's sporting her BoA shoulders as she spams pew pew lightning bolts.

Win7(64)Pro - Intel 3770K @ 4.5GHz - 4x4GB DDR3 G Skill Ripjaws X - XFX Radeon HD 7970 - Samsung EVO 500GB SSD