Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted

Re: Priest and Penance

Quote Originally Posted by Snowf0x
    DK's where destroying resto pvp and for that they where fixed, and now that resto's are almost as good as the resto of the healers DK's suddenly claim them to be immortal, which they clearly are not

/thread
    what the fu** are you /thread in a priest+penance topic, just because you pointed out some stupid offtopic restodruid,dk issue....go away mon....

on topic: no self cast penance is ok ^^

math has nothing to do with a game that is based on RNG
    wat..?
    Hunter
    Druid
    Rogue

I play teh easy classes lozl

I am going to paraphrase Lewis Black for this one...

"...when [a forum troll] uttered the dumbest thing I'd ever heard in my life ... he said,

I'll repeat that. I'll repeat that because that's the kind of sentence that when you hear it, your brain comes to a screeching halt. And the left hand side of the brain looks at the right hand side and goes, 'It's dark in here, and we may die.' He said,

Don't! Don't think about that sentence for more than three minutes, or blood'll shoot out your nose."

math has nothing to do with a game that is based on RNG.
    wow... really?

e: lol where did you learn math...?
    math has nothing to do with a game that is based on RNG.

Quote Originally Posted by paowderlol
    wow... really?

e: lol where did you learn math...?
    RNG = random number generator, which means it's random

you can not predict something that is completely random, if it has a chance of 25% then it should happen 1 time out of 4 EVERY time, that is the math right, however it can happen 4 times in a row which is completely unlogical to the laws of math

math is like the formulas to calculate scaling of spells and such, and not abilites with "has a chance"

ps : there is no point trying to take what i said out of context and quote it and whatnot, since you obviously misuderstood my point

however it can happen 4 times in a row which is completely unlogical to the laws of math
    Another fully incorrect statement. I seldom flame, but just give this one up. You misspoke (err..mistyped). It happens.

Linking wiki article for extra sass..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Probability_theory

Quote Originally Posted by Jaromir
    I don't know, not into arena yet this season. But let me tell you this..

After the whole s5 being facerolled by DK, ret and survival hunters. Isn't it our turn to be a little op ? Just until my rogue partner can get his 1850 weaponz k ?!

thk
    Why people comment on what they don't know and throw the ball to Ret?

Postcount ++

Quote Originally Posted by Ghoti Sticks
    Another fully incorrect statement. I seldom flame, but just give this one up. You misspoke (err..mistyped). It happens.

Linking wiki article for extra sass..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Probability_theory
    here is a nice link for you to check

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Random_number_generation

I am not sure how you think linking the design behind a RNGer supports your arguement. It doesnt.

You said RNG has nothing to do with math. That is false. Very false.

You said that if an event has an x% chance of happening, having it occur at a greater rate goes against mathematics. That is also flase. I linked you and article that described an entire field of math dedicated to the study of random events. You have failed to see how this is pertinent to the discussion.

From the wiki article you linked me...

"There are a couple of methods to generate a random number based on a probability density function."

the article I mentioned to you discusses what a PDF is. If you dont feel like readin, let me assure you it is very much based in math. Maybe you should read what you are saying instead of just posting random (haha, get it! *random!!*) links

I am not sure how you think linking the design behind a RNGer supports your arguement. It doesnt.

You said RNG has nothing to do with math. That is false. Very false.

You said that if an event has an x% chance of happening, having it occur at a greater rate goes against mathematics. That is also flase. I linked you and article that described an entire field of math dedicated to the study of random events. You have failed to see how this is pertinent to the discussion.

From the wiki article you linked me...

"There are a couple of methods to generate a random number based on a probability density function."

the article I mentioned to you discusses what a PDF is. If you dont feel like readin, let me assure you it is very much based in math. Maybe you should read what you are saying instead of just posting random (haha, get it! *random!!*) links
    what you are going to bring higher mathematics to a discussion about bloodplague ticks ? we where originally talking about that bloodplague ticks are random and how you can not predict them, perhaps in higher maths you can somehow, however i was just pointing out that the 25% chance on bloodplague means nothing

But that is not true. You can build assumptions off of that (and they cannot be anything more than assumptions) and adjust your playstyle accordingly. You still must be mindful of when RNG blows up in your face, but you can try to expect how to react to a certain situation based on these data.

RNG can certainly fuck you sideways, but you cannot fully discount trends in a game so heavily built upon a roll of the die. There are leagues of theory crafters out there, some of the smartest and most dedicated people in wow, who create entire workbooks based off of these assumptions.

In your particular case, this RNG component was more significant (in a way) for the DK than you. He should not base his entire strategy on the hope that he would get 4 back to back removals of hots and would have to plan his assault accordingly. If he did get a lucky string of hot removals, then he should make a move to capitalize on it, but he shouldn't expect it or rely on it (granted DKs didnt really need to try hard to down a druid, but Blizzard has made adjustments to fix those imbalances).

But that is not true. You can build assumptions off of that (and they cannot be anything more than assumptions) and adjust your playstyle accordingly. You still must be mindful of when RNG blows up in your face, but you can try to expect how to react to a certain situation based on these data.

RNG can certainly fuck you sideways, but you cannot fully discount trends in a game so heavily built upon a roll of the die. There are leagues of theory crafters out there, some of the smartest and most dedicated people in wow, who create entire workbooks based off of these assumptions.

In your particular case, this RNG component was more significant (in a way) for the DK than you. He should not base his entire strategy on the hope that he would get 4 back to back removals of hots and would have to plan his assault accordingly. If he did get a lucky string of hot removals, then he should make a move to capitalize on it, but he shouldn't expect it or rely on it (granted DKs didnt really need to try hard to down a druid, but Blizzard has made adjustments to fix those imbalances).
    it would be nice indeed if he only had to rely on bloodplagues RNG remove, but they also got plaguestrike ( had ) to mess me over. tbh history has shown that abilites ( specially gamebreaking ones, or class breaking ) should not be based on RNG ( macestun anyone ? )

You seem to be trying to steer this away from what it was I called you out on.

I never once called into question the imbalances of DK vs Druid.

I agree that blizzard is making a shift away from RNG for *some* abilities to make pvp feel more about skill than luck (but they have also stated that they think random procs are very important to the game.

What I called you out on was your statement about probability (math) being irrelevant in a system structured around random number generation. I wasn't even the first one to call you out, I guess I was just having the slowest day at work out of the lot of us. Your folley was saying RNG is isolated from math. I don't get why you are trying to defend that claim. Abort!!

I think this thread has been futtbuckingly derailed. I enjoyed this banter, but what it comes down to is you made a bold claim that was wildly untrue. And serveral of us decided to make sure you knew how far off you were in the letter of your claims if not the spirit.

You seem to be trying to steer this away from what it was I called you out on.

I never once called into question the imbalances of DK vs Druid.

I agree that blizzard is making a shift away from RNG for *some* abilities to make pvp feel more about skill than luck (but they have also stated that they think random procs are very important to the game.

What I called you out on was your statement about probability (math) being irrelevant in a system structured around random number generation. I wasn't even the first one to call you out, I guess I was just having the slowest day at work out of the lot of us. Your folley was saying RNG is isolated from math. I don't get why you are trying to defend that claim. Abort!!

I think this thread has been futtbuckingly derailed. I enjoyed this banter, but what it comes down to is you made a bold claim that was wildly untrue. And serveral of us decided to make sure you knew how far off you were in the letter of your claims if not the spirit.
    well great, you have proven me wrong that even RNG is based on some higher mathematics, to the avarage joe like myself that won't change my oppinion about rng being nothing but a random element even if there is a mathematical explanation for it

!

it would be nice indeed if he only had to rely on bloodplagues RNG remove, but they also got plaguestrike ( had ) to mess me over. tbh history has shown that abilites ( specially gamebreaking ones, or class breaking ) should not be based on RNG ( macestun anyone ? )
    Since this thread is way way off topic already I'm going to go ahead the go back to RNG and math.

I am going to have to show my support for logic and truth in that randomness is very much math's b^tch. On average it removes 1 hot per 12 seconds. A simple bell curve shows the chances of it happening in and outside of the average. It may not feel that way to you, because most of us aren't naturally analytical, but instead emotional beings. It takes work to force yourself to accept logic as the only way to find truth about reality.

But I do agree that blood plague was unnecessary harsh to druid healers, and it is good that it was changed.

As far as penance goes I am very glad priests can now cast it on themselves. It may turn out to be op (penance in total not just self cast penance) but the fact that a disc's priests main, and best heal cant be self cast was completely retarded.

well great, you have proven me wrong that even RNG is based on some higher mathematics, to the avarage joe like myself that won't change my oppinion about rng being nothing but a random element even if there is a mathematical explanation for it
    Your definition for average Joe seems to be uneducated brute. Not knowing something is one thing, and being hostile toward knowledge is another.

When your opinion wont change in the light of new evidence, then you are rejecting your humanity. You have become a waste of everyone's time.

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account

Snowf0x, i cant imagine how ignorant you're being about the facts here.

Yes, it is RNG, ie, it has a CHANCE to have its affect occur, but it also means that it has a chance to NOT occur.

If it would occur every time, then it would be 100%, not 25%. Things that have a chance can occur every time, but rarely occur (as someone said, less than 1% of the time). So essentially what you are doing is exaggerating and focusing on something that never occurs.

That's like me complaining that 400 shatter combos in a row on my mage didnt crit! mages need to get buffed.

what you are going to bring higher mathematics to a discussion about bloodplague ticks ? we where originally talking about that bloodplague ticks are random and how you can not predict them, perhaps in higher maths you can somehow, however i was just pointing out that the 25% chance on bloodplague means nothing
    Well, actually this topic was about priest and their self penance. Not about bloodplaque ticks... Just had to come and troll :-*

Quote Originally Posted by Trickshot
    Your definition for average Joe seems to be uneducated brute. Not knowing something is one thing, and being hostile toward knowledge is another.

When your opinion wont change in the light of new evidence, then you are rejecting your humanity. You have become a waste of everyone's time.
    rejecting your humanity ? rofl what are you high ? i quess you should line me by the wall and order a fireinsquad right away for being stubborn. although i accept the facts, it doesn't mean that i am forced to change my oppinion about something.

everyone knows people are dying in parts of africa due to starvation, do you see everyone rushing there with their hands loaded with food ? i quess they also have rejected their humanity and have becomse dead weight or was that not your point ?

Quote Originally Posted by Grub
    Snowf0x, i cant imagine how ignorant you're being about the facts here.

Yes, it is RNG, ie, it has a CHANCE to have its affect occur, but it also means that it has a chance to NOT occur.

If it would occur every time, then it would be 100%, not 25%. Things that have a chance can occur every time, but rarely occur (as someone said, less than 1% of the time). So essentially what you are doing is exaggerating and focusing on something that never occurs.

That's like me complaining that 400 shatter combos in a row on my mage didnt crit! mages need to get buffed.
    i thought i already said that i accepted the facts