Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst

Re: Replenishment changes, Hotfixes, Blue posts

Quote Originally Posted by MuTe
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)
    We are making a hotfix (any minute now probably) so that Replenishment in arenas will only affect the character and not the whole team. It will continue to function as it does currently outside of arenas.

We feel Replenishment is balanced for larger groups, but just makes too much of a difference on smaller arena teams. Making the rules work differently in PvP and PvE isn’t a solution we like to use often, but in this case we think it fixes the issue cleanly, while still making the talents in question useful to the character who takes them. Alternatives, such as nerfing the amount returned by Replenishment in arena or making it not function at all, seem like more punitive choices from which we want to stay away.
    Isnt this like a pretty huge game mechanic change for PVP? I mean, ive specced into replenishment talents so both me and my teamm8s can make use of it. If they are gonna nerf it so it only applies to myself, i might consider putting those 2 talents elsewhere since i have different ways to get mana back being a Hunter. This proves to me that Blizzard has no clue in what they are doing, and are hotfixing a major game mechanic just like that. Can i get a free respec then?

It looks like they are watching how arena matches go on live servers now (since PTR is a HORRIBLE place to balance PVP) and then randomly decide, lets nerf this, lets buff that, lets nerf replenishment etc.. see how that turns out. They always, and have always overly buffed sertain classes while overly nerfing others in a major content patch, and are now trying to hotfix their incompetance. Why cant they see in advance (like the thousands of arena players can) that nerfing 1 class is actually buffing other classes vs that 1 class. But they keep buffing the other classes cause they were underpowered, while nerfing overpowered = underpowered becomes overpowered, and overpowered becomes underpowered.
    Besides, replenishment works fine in large groups they say, so it works fine in Heroics, but not in 5v5 Arena? Just get rid the proven fact that 2v2 is a failure for arena, and has been for over 5 seasons, and will be failure in this season as well. Just get rid of it and introduce 4v4 allready, or let ppl have the choice to have 3x a 3v3. Get rid of 5v5 as well, its a zerg fest without any means of tactic. My 5v5 was best on server horde side, and we totally sucked.

It also seems weird to me that they 1st said that they didnt want Arena to become a "mana" game, and said that players should be able to lose without being completly oom. And now they are compeltly contradicting themselves with removing team replenishment in arena. So, is this gonna be a Melee season yet again where mana-less players can keep on spamming their dps while mana classes have to actually think what and what not to spend their mana on?

Oh, and they overbuffed Warriors, Druids (resto) and Disc priests, they are now the fotm classes for S6.
    While warriors did receive some much needed utility for S6, they still lack a pummel in battle stance and still need more on demand burst. I'm lucky if my MS crits for 3k.
    The problem with shield bash in battle stance is gear/weapon swap which creates a gcd.
    Since Blizzard wants us to stay in battle, it makes it harder. Charging for interrupts will probably have to do for now.

Warriors are still easy to train and bladestorm is avoidable. But S6 is definitely a lot better for warriors than S5. Saying that warriors are op in S6 though is something that just isn't true.

And with people comparing Ret Paladin/Priest to DK/Pal in S5, I think the replenishment changes were needed. My lowly rogue/mage team stood not a chance.

I will, however, come out and say that while Magss and several other rogue heroes pointed out rogues received no insane damage buff, they still do feel a little overpowered. And definitely much more so than the warrior I've played as my main for the last four years.

Quote Originally Posted by Dubious
    1st!
    Fail.
    I wanna go back to my trainer and learn a new spell in the next expansion! And we all need to be able to fly from day 1 ! (And fly over the Exodar and Silvermoon on our own mounts!)

They are managing to nerf PvP without affecting PvE. In a way, this is improvement on the part of Blizzard.

But was replenishment really -that- big of a deal in S5?

Quote Originally Posted by Holyana
    Never heard of Peggle, but if you are so bored playing WoW that you need to play a game in a game like that, shouldn't you just go play the game on not be bored on WoW?
    I'm pretty sure no one intends to log into WoW just to play peggle. I'm sure you've had downtime every now and then. Even 30s BG res timers. The game is autopaused on closing so even in 30s spurts you can shoot a few balls or two in your peggle game and amuse yourself instead of staring blankly at the spirit healer for 30s.

They are managing to nerf PvP without affecting PvE. In a way, this is improvement on the part of Blizzard.

But was replenishment really -that- big of a deal in S5?
    Something about mana regen being nerfed and therefore making replenishment that much more valuable and so any team without it gets boinked.

Deleted

WTH is peggle? Seems everyone should know it so no one bothers to explain what it is?

Quote Originally Posted by lios
    WTH is peggle? Seems everyone should know it so no one bothers to explain what it is?
    google.com

Paladin (3.1 Skills List / 3.1 Talent + Glyph Calc.)
    Paladin mechanics
    We're not talking about combo points here. But we keep running into problems with say Judgement, Divine Storm, Crusader Strike, and now (until recently) Exorcism and perhaps even Hammer of Wrath all being unrelated. You can use one per global cooldown leading to just a ton of damage without there being much an opponent can really do. There is no poison or disease to cleanse. There isn't a self buff someone can remove. They often don't even have time to respond because the attacks are coming right on top of each other. Yes the abilities all have cooldowns, but that's small consolation to someone who may be in triple digit health by the time you unload.

Furthermore, it's not like there is much skill involved to that rotation ("GC SEZ RETS R FACEROLLERZ"). You hit the buttons and damage happens. Sure you can come up with other situations where a player just hits their buttons and unloads a lot, but in a lot of cases they do have other considerations to deal with. Warriors have to watch Overpower opportunities. Enhancement shamans want to follow up Stormstrike with Nature damage. Frost mages want the Frost Nova (or whatever) before the Ice Lance.

To some extent, Holy paladins even have the same issues. Simple does not have to mean boring. Having few buttons doesn't have to mean having few options.

Again, we've come a long way with paladins. Their aren't horribly broken. No class is. They just need a little more tweaking. (Source)[/blizzquote]

A ton of damage without there being much an opponent can do...because ret pallies have an MS and interrupt right? Any healer can heal through it unless they get caught in a cc chain at the wrong time or in a stun when they're low without a trinket.

Quote Originally Posted by Holyana
    Never heard of Peggle, but if you are so bored playing WoW that you need to play a game in a game like that, shouldn't you just go play the game on not be bored on WoW?
    For when you're waiting in battleground queues, flying long distances (dailies / mooncloth transmutes), waiting for AFKers, waiting for raid leader to do tactics, waiting for people to get themselves to the instance, waiting for buffs, waiting for a res, I could go on but you get the idea.
    It's actually quite well made, it auto-closes when you have a ready check or get put in combat.

Who cares about the class changes or the hard mode hall of fame. Peggle FTW.

I challenge any Ally on Burning Legion for a quick match, see if you can bat me...