Tier 7/Tier8 Set Bonus's

I realized there is an awful lot of hit on Tier 8 and as an arcane mage im finding i dont need it all.

Now i was thinking about set bonus's.
    (2) Set: Your Arcane Blast, Frostbolt, Frostfire Bolt, and Fireball spells have a chance to grant you 350 spell power for 15 sec.
    (4) Set: You have a chance for the effects of your Missile Barrage, Hot Streak, or Brain Freeze talent not to be consumed when you cast the spells which benefit.

The 4 set is damn nice for Fire...but iffy for Arcane imo.

I will still prefer to get 3Ab Debuffs before i missile barrage...and i dont particularly feel its worth the mana to just be doing Abx1 or 2 and then missiles To ensure i use all procs.

Now our Tier 7 set bonus
    (2) Set: You gain 40% more mana when you use a mana gem. In addition, using a mana gem grants you 225 spell power for 15 sec.
    (4) Set: Your offensive spells gain an additional 5% increased critical strike damage.

That 2 Set is still very damn nice for arcane.

Does anybody else feel it would be more viable to go 2 Set Tier7+2set Tier 8? instead of 4 set Tier8?

Or would it still be more viable for me to stick with 4 set and just get 3Debuffs anyway and always have barrage up (or for most the time).

I haven't reviewed all the cloth pieces in ulduar so i am not 100% sure if there is anything else more viable.

I am aiming to use Tier 8 Shoulders, but am in the process of deciding which other tier 8 peice to wear and or other 2 Tier 7 peices to keep.

Has anybody else thought about this?

Re: Tier 7/Tier8 Set Bonus's

I've gotten one piece of T8 so far, and hope it won't be terribly long before I get another, or enough badges to buy the shoulders. Then I'll hold off on picking up tokens until they get distributed around. I think the 2T7 and 2 T8 will be a really nice combination for a while. I'm fire of course, so the 4 piece is definitely attractive as well, but gotta share the love.

Still debating which T7 pieces I want to use and which T8 ones, but plenty of time to get that figured out. Our raids usually have like 5 druids, 2-3 mages, 3-5 rogues, and a couple of DKs, so lots and lots of people after those vanq tokens.

Sidira: Enhancement Shaman
    Lumiera: Prot Paladin
    Amiti/Lumiera: Shadow/disc priests

Does anyone know the proc rates on the T8 gear? I know I could probably find it if I looked hard enough but any help would be appreciated.

15+ Year Old Account

Tenetively it's on a 10% proc rate on the 4-piece. EJ hasn't finalized the actual proc rate.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Sidira
    I've gotten one piece of T8 so far, and hope it won't be terribly long before I get another, or enough badges to buy the shoulders. Then I'll hold off on picking up tokens until they get distributed around. I think the 2T7 and 2 T8 will be a really nice combination for a while. I'm fire of course, so the 4 piece is definitely attractive as well, but gotta share the love.

Still debating which T7 pieces I want to use and which T8 ones, but plenty of time to get that figured out. Our raids usually have like 5 druids, 2-3 mages, 3-5 rogues, and a couple of DKs, so lots and lots of people after those vanq tokens.
    you can't get shoulders with emblems, only helm+chest
    BfA Beta Time