Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...

Re: The Ashbringer... Think they could bring it back?

didnt they say some time ago that they wouldnt make Ashbringer/Frostmourne accessable to players?

Dont rly care about FM. As a pala i just want the Ashbringer and it has to be this super hard near impossible hard to complete quest :P.

Oh and one more thing,

Dont even think about it warriors.

Quote Originally Posted by Zethyr
    25 only...I hope for a 10-man only legendary next. About time us smaller guilds get some cookies. ^_^
    OH JESUS PATCH 3.3 WILL BE CALLED "RISE OF THE CASUALS", FREE ORANGE LEWTZ FOR NOOBS. but seriously legendary weapons are legendary, you already get free epics to look like you know what your doing. Don't go around asking for legendary's too.

Quote Originally Posted by grizzlebums
    There is alot of confusion in the legendary lists going on in here.....

Ashbringer- Paladin, Warrior

when was ashbringer legendary in game? I only remember the corrupted version and that was epic, not legendary

Quote Originally Posted by Ascendant
    Why on earth should these new classes have DKs? Don't we have enough classes that can roll DKs already?

Quote Originally Posted by Renuran
    when was ashbringer legendary in game? I only remember the corrupted version and that was epic, not legendary
    at the begining of BC there was suppose to be a quest to purify it and make it into a legendary weapon...but in blizzards blind greed to rush out BC they decided to not add the quest, and thus ashbringer was doomed to stay only epic until they will decide to change it. But imo its legendary, due to the fact that there are less ashbringers than any legendary weapon.

Deleted
    They should bring back The Ashbringer as a Replica (with a comment, "Looks like The Ashbringer, but not as holy"), in the Blizzard Store, for transmog purposes, so we can buy it, and be account-bound, same as the currently transmog helms that are in Blizzard Store.

I'm sure people will buy it.

Deleted
    Necro much?

And no, they shouldn't bring it back, in any way!
    The legendary status and mystic around it would go away instantly if anyone could buy it in the shop.

Deleted
    To bring this old ass thread into the light courtesy of the two posters above - The Ashbringer is an undead killing sword, we'd need a story to go around the undead for it to make any sort of sense again. It kinda feels like we've exhausted the Scourge and there's not a whole lot of undead left. Sargeras little burning crusade is just a bunch of demons, it doesn't fit.

I don't think we'll ever see the Ashbringer again, and quite frankly I'd prefer it that way. We don't need to be running around with named weapons in WoW lore.

Hell, it even felt wrong to run around with Archeus, Morgan Ladimore's sword.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixuzcc View Post
    To bring this old ass thread into the light courtesy of the two posters above - The Ashbringer is an undead killing sword, we'd need a story to go around the undead for it to make any sort of sense again. It kinda feels like we've exhausted the Scourge and there's not a whole lot of undead left. Sargeras little burning crusade is just a bunch of demons, it doesn't fit.

I don't think we'll ever see the Ashbringer again, and quite frankly I'd prefer it that way. We don't need to be running around with named weapons in WoW lore.

Hell, it even felt wrong to run around with Archeus, Morgan Ladimore's sword.
    I totally agree, but might as well use the same model for an expensive sword (via BMAH), or as RL currency, same as Archeus has a few same models just different re-colors. As a Paladin Lore Fan, I would love to have my Judgement Tier and my "Ashbringer" transmog, smiting evil out of this wretched world!