1. #1

    Anybody have any thoughts on facing the new and improved Warrior and Priests?

    My limited experiences so far:

    Warrior - He can now spin at will it seems. No more snare kiting or slowing since he will just spin out of it. Have to get way out of their range when they spin, but still can't burn blink because he can still charge into you. I just can't kite them anymore. I still hate spell reflects also. Anybody else?


    Priests - I've seen them living through 3-4 player focus fire now. In BG's one was standing up to 6-7 players no kidding : I ran into a Shadow Priest last night who mitigated all of my frostbolts and icelance shatters damage in wisp form to the point i could barely dent him, and basically killed me in 3 globals. Then again i ran into him again later and killed him after i locked him out of shadow. I'd assume he burned some long CD the first time?

    Just sharing my experiences so don't flame me for not knowing the names of each ability. Any tips or experiences anyone else has had with 3.11 1v1 changes?

  2. #2

    Re: Anybody have any thoughts on facing the new and improved Warrior and Priests

    First off, 1v1 means nothing to Blizzard, so if you are losing them, deal with it.
    Second, if a priest is living through 3-4 player focus fire, then those 3-4 people are doing something horribly wrong.
    Finally, assuming from your post you are deep frost spec, and between deep freeze and other such talents, warriors still don't bother me too much, but are certainly more annoying.
    There once was a man with a big orange head. I decided to ask him one day why he had such a big orange head. He told me he found a genie that granted him 3 wishes, and he wished for money, a loving wife, and (I think this is where he went wrong) a big orange head.

  3. #3

    Re: Anybody have any thoughts on facing the new and improved Warrior and Priests

    Quote Originally Posted by Ditch
    First off, 1v1 means nothing to Blizzard, so if you are losing them, deal with it.
    Second, if a priest is living through 3-4 player focus fire, then those 3-4 people are doing something horribly wrong.
    Finally, assuming from your post you are deep frost spec, and between deep freeze and other such talents, warriors still don't bother me too much, but are certainly more annoying.
    If you PvP at all you will find yourself in 1v1 often, probably more than any other situation if you BG, world, and Arena(2v2, 3v3). Who cares if Blizzard pretends it doesn't matter, when everyone that PvP's and is half decent at it knows it matters. At least the know-how for each class.

    Do you BG at all? How much PvP have you done lately? DPS'ing isn't very hard. I'm sure gear disparities are a big factor in a Priest being able to handle that much focus fire, not to mention skill. But some Priests and Resto Druids i've run into are WAY harder now than before 3.11. I just wonder how much PvP you've done since 3.11 with your input, and not this comp vs comp stuff that doesn't account for most random settings.

    So how do you kite Warriors now? Just curious since you didn't give much of an answer. If you can't really keep them snared, can't get range without using blink because you have to save it for charge, and you have to get far away whenever they decide to spin, what do you do? Try and be specific if you can thanks.

  4. #4

    Re: Anybody have any thoughts on facing the new and improved Warrior and Priests?

    the spinning is REALLY fucking anoying... it has like a 20 yard range and does TONS of damage and they are immune to everything while doing it (and blizz nurfed buble amirite?). As a mage you can do 2 things here, either blink (which is probably not going to happen because now they can charge in combat) because they can't intercept while spinning or iceblock - again, can't shattering throw while spinning. If those are on cooldown then you die, that's all there is to it. They run the same speed as you and can't be slowed and you can't get out of range so... trinket won't do anything. You just die.

    as for the priests... yeah, you're doing something wrong there.
    70 Warlock - The Scryers
    80 Hunter - Gorefiend
    80 Druid - Gorefiend
    80 Death knight - Gorefiend
    80 Shaman - Gorefiend
    80 Mage - Gorefiend

  5. #5

    Re: Anybody have any thoughts on facing the new and improved Warrior and Priests

    Quote Originally Posted by Beaavis
    If you PvP at all you will find yourself in 1v1 often,
    no rated 1v1 matches means 1v1 doesn't matter. you need 2 more people to make it something worth looking at.
    Signature not acceptable (e.g. too large), read http://www.mmo-champion.com/general-discussions-22/important-signatures/ - Regards, Olison

  6. #6

    Re: Anybody have any thoughts on facing the new and improved Warrior and Priests?

    What I noticed with changes from new talents and spells is that almost all the classes can keep you in melee range one way or another and the dps is insanely bursty. You will get dropped by melee in a few seconds even with a ton of resilience.

    Not a good thing for mages. Sadly, the game still needs balancing. We are too fragile and our escape cooldowns are too long for real fair competition 1v1. Im not saying you cant do it, you have ways, but they are kinda gimmicky now (for exemple, get rocket boots).

    Blizz balances pvp for groups. In other words, If you are a mage, you are running with 19k hp but your opponent will have the same if not more dps and 1.5x your hp. You dont need to be a genious to understand that if they can dps you and you dont have any healing, you will drop first.

    My solution to the problem... is get some friends to help

  7. #7

    Re: Anybody have any thoughts on facing the new and improved Warrior and Priests

    I'm 5/5 Hateful with all Deadly off pieces. I am capable of 1v1'ing any class except Ret Paladins, Disc Priest and Resto Druids. Of course, this is assuming all my cooldowns are up and my pvp trinket is available.

    EDIT: I'm retarded

    Ret Paladins - don't even get me started. By far the most OP thing this game has ever seen. I fought a Ret Paladin in a BG the other day and he got 0 crits on me and he still killed me in like 3 seconds. Not to mention they cannot be snared or stunned AND they have a bubble that they can still attack in, oh and they can heal themselves, oh and they have Hammer of Wrath that can crit for like 7k on 800 resilience (Me), oh and they can ranged stunlock you for 9 seconds.

  8. #8

    Re: Anybody have any thoughts on facing the new and improved Warrior and Priests

    Quote Originally Posted by jhemfl
    Ret Paladins - don't even get me started. By far the most OP thing this game has ever seen. I fought a Ret Paladin in a BG the other day and he got 0 crits on me and he still killed me in like 3 seconds. Not to mention they cannot be snared or stunned AND they have a bubble that they can still attack in, oh and they can heal themselves, oh and they have Hammer of Wrath that can crit for like 7k on 800 resilience (Me), oh and they can ranged stunlock you for 9 seconds.
    That all sounds possible.

  9. #9
    Field Marshal
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    95

    Re: Anybody have any thoughts on facing the new and improved Warrior and Priests?

    Priest here, not a PvP one, but.. meh. At least discipline.

    I'd assume he burned some long CD the first time?
    Either your whole sentence is incorrect, but, well, Dispersion is possibility, shadow's 51 pointer does reduce dmg taken by 90%. However, worth of mentioning is that priest in option did 0 damage during that time. Unless dots were running, obviously.

    My biggest complaint are Disc priests and Ret Paladins. Disc priests are just retarded because they have heals in 2 different trees (Penance is Discipline and all the others are Holy). So If you Counterspell a heal the Priest always has a 2nd heal he can do (CS his Penance he just flash heal spams, CS his flash heal he bubbles and Penances).
    Two different tabs, yes. Unfortunately for us, both Penance and Power word: Shield are spells in holy school - hence locked up once you CS FH/Penance cast.

    Thought I'd clear up a bit, even though I'm no PvPer, I do have some knowledge of it.. besides, these hold true in PvE as well. :P

  10. #10

    Re: Anybody have any thoughts on facing the new and improved Warrior and Priests

    Quote Originally Posted by jhemfl
    I'm 5/5 Hateful with all Deadly off pieces. I am capable of 1v1'ing any class except Ret Paladins, Disc Priest and Resto Druids. Of course, this is assuming all my cooldowns are up and my pvp trinket is available.

    My biggest complaint are Disc priests and Ret Paladins. Disc priests are just retarded because they have heals in 2 different trees (Penance is Discipline and all the others are Holy). So If you Counterspell a heal the Priest always has a 2nd heal he can do (CS his Penance he just flash heal spams, CS his flash heal he bubbles and Penances).

    Ret Paladins - don't even get me started. By far the most OP thing this game has ever seen. I fought a Ret Paladin in a BG the other day and he got 0 crits on me and he still killed me in like 3 seconds. Not to mention they cannot be snared or stunned AND they have a bubble that they can still attack in, oh and they can heal themselves, oh and they have Hammer of Wrath that can crit for like 7k on 800 resilience (Me), oh and they can ranged stunlock you for 9 seconds.
    as a mage? you can't kill rets? One of the best paladins on our server (season 5 gladiator too) with Full deadly glad gear+Betrayer and GLG/rocket gloves enchant could still only go 1:1 with me at best and I'm wearing 2/5 savage with the rest off piece epics and a Nax10 wep. If i was in full deadly with a KT25 wep he wouldn't have been winning very many of those... they were all close. All you have to do vs rets is make them HOF and then use a FOF proc to stun them. GG. If your arcane then just spam slow and they will never catch you... you can't lose either way. When they HOF and are putting pressure on you then dont be scared to reset with a poly+evocate (just make sure they dont still have a trinket/bubble before you evocate).
    70 Warlock - The Scryers
    80 Hunter - Gorefiend
    80 Druid - Gorefiend
    80 Death knight - Gorefiend
    80 Shaman - Gorefiend
    80 Mage - Gorefiend

  11. #11

    Re: Anybody have any thoughts on facing the new and improved Warrior and Priests

    Quote Originally Posted by jhemfl
    Disc priests are just retarded because they have heals in 2 different trees (Penance is Discipline and all the others are Holy). So If you Counterspell a heal the Priest always has a 2nd heal he can do (CS his Penance he just flash heal spams, CS his flash heal he bubbles and Penances).
    So the thing you claim making disc priests "just retarded" doesn't even work that way. There is no 'discipline school,' those spells are holy.

    Just wondering who that makes retarded. :


  12. #12

    Re: Anybody have any thoughts on facing the new and improved Warrior and Priests

    Quote Originally Posted by yaij9841
    no rated 1v1 matches means 1v1 doesn't matter. you need 2 more people to make it something worth looking at.
    People die in 2v2, 3v3, and even 5v5, which end up in 1v1's, or even 1v2's eventually. Watch how much 1v1 there was in the 1v2(Mage vs Mage/Priest) match where Orangemarmalade basically dueled another Mage in the end(ended up a draw with the Priest he couldn't kill).

    Even then the basis of PvP play know-how is 1v1'ing other classes. Other players just add to the complexity of the fight.

    I'm not a outside Org/IF dueler by a longshot, but i know it matters. The only reason Blizzard pretends its secondary is they don't want to be held accountable to it. Although they even say they try and factor that into their balance if they can.

  13. #13

    Re: Anybody have any thoughts on facing the new and improved Warrior and Priests

    Quote Originally Posted by Cianxo
    Priest here, not a PvP one, but.. meh. At least discipline.

    Either your whole sentence is incorrect, but, well, Dispersion is possibility, shadow's 51 pointer does reduce dmg taken by 90%. However, worth of mentioning is that priest in option did 0 damage during that time. Unless dots were running, obviously.


    Thought I'd clear up a bit, even though I'm no PvPer, I do have some knowledge of it.. besides, these hold true in PvE as well. :P

    Thanks. I thought it was a wisp form but what do i know 8)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •