Affliction Warlocks vs Mages

With recent changes to mage armor, and its having harmful debuffs be 1/2 the time, does a mage even need to bat an eye at an affliction warlock?
    I was facing one in an AB yesterday, and he couldn't even down my ice barrier before the cool down was up. I'm sure he wasn't in great gear, but he could have at least done something else maybe?
    There once was a man with a big orange head. I decided to ask him one day why he had such a big orange head. He told me he found a genie that granted him 3 wishes, and he wished for money, a loving wife, and (I think this is where he went wrong) a big orange head.

Re: Affliction Warlocks vs Mages

First off, 1v1 means nothing to Blizzard :-*

With Soul link, constant dispelling, on demand off the gcd spell lock, dreadfully resistant felhounds (and masters) summed to a chain of dots, fears and drains that not only tick too hard but heals so fucking much it takes a lock at 10% health to get even after the mage has blow all his cooldowns, is there even a chance or something we can do?

Welcome to Mage vs SL/SL Warlock, season 4 style.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Stevet
    With Soul link, constant dispelling, on demand off the gcd spell lock, dreadfully resistant felhounds (and masters) summed to a chain of dots, fears and drains that not only tick too hard but heals so fucking much it takes a lock at 10% health to get even after the mage has blow all his cooldowns, is there even a chance or something we can do?

Welcome to Mage vs SL/SL Warlock, season 4 style.
    Uhm, it looks as if you are still in season 4. Many changes were made to warlocks, one of them is the resistance removal of the Felhound.

Dont forget mage armor cutting dots in half as well as our spell lock.

Quote Originally Posted by bizzy
    Uhm, it looks as if you are still in season 4. Many changes were made to warlocks, one of them is the resistance removal of the Felhound.
    /facepalm

I'm just pointing out mages, ''true masters of magic'', lived on with being the inferior casters for years to their emo cousins the warlocks, I don't play a mage this time around but it's some well deserved payback.