Poll: Which in your opinion/experience and statistics is better? (PVP)

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Resto: Shaman VS Druid

I have both a shaman and a druid close to lvl 80 (76-75 accordingly).
    I'd love to heal in PVP situations as well as PVE (maybe if i find a good guild) but mostly PVP.

Making my point, please skip this if you're not into reading.

The problem is the viability in 3.1 .
    I personally find druids more enjoyable to heal with all the healing spells druids have in their arsenal for different situations. One can start casting hots all over the place, then get bored switch to castable heals like our newest tool nourish but as good as their healing viability may be, in PVP just the additional armor and the limited CC won't help against a bursty team.

However, while we're strifling to get away our hots will take care of healing for both the druid and the rest of the teammate(s) atleast at a point. Druids had 0 representation in top 10 in any specc, which realy gives me doubts.

Then there is Shaman. 5 buttons to push generally. A quick heal, an instant heal, a long heal(not for pvp maybe with nature's swiftness) a chain heal(neither or at least not as much esp in 2v2) and a passive heal - on hit (shield). While simple in this game seems to win over expertese in managing different spells to achieve something and putting down totems to help myself either with passive cleansing, slowing, protecting or buffing i still can't understand the viability of resto shamans in PVP.

With 2 speccs utterly broken(exept if you're near a cliff) and one which gained second best in PVP healing the previous season i am confuzed. I never was a resto shaman, pretbc i hardly played my shammy ( and then he was enchancement) and if the best choice in PVP is shaman i'd like some advice in healing.
    Also a good specc for PVP healing would also be greatfull.

Maybe it's because i haven't given it a try yet in raids i find druids that way, but after all, i am leaning towards my shammy to heal and my druid might end up tanking at some point.

I know MMO-Champion has some pretty decent shammys posting (including moderators) so i believe you guys will live up to my expectations.

-Tycnodrious, Stormscale. Male dranei shaman. /laugh

P.S. What's wrong with everyone? Most of the prevous threads is about people taking up healing. Does the season(RL) have something to do with it? :P
    Quote Originally Posted by General_Typhus View Post
    Hi i am any class in the game. To beat me spam icelance and then talk about how skilled you are when the 20k crits roll in.

Re: Resto: Shaman VS Druid

Well, They made resto druids a little better this season.
    Healing is def a lot better now.
    Resto druids are more suited with melee.

Shammys got a decent buffing too with stoneclaw glyph, and i still don't see any lights in arena taking druids high in arena rankings. How big a change 10% more damage reduction in barkskin could have made? 250% armor isn't that high either
    Hi i am any class in the game. To beat me spam icelance and then talk about how skilled you are when the 20k crits roll in.

From what I have seen so far in 3.1, is that druids have mana problems in pvp (From what I saw from the 1 druid I have faced so far, so probably isn't like that for every druid).

That being said, I would go with shaman since mage/rogue and spriest/rogue will destroy a druid comp in 2s. What bracket do you think you will be playing in the most?

Quitting the fail that WoW has become when Aion comes out. No point to play hardcore when any idiot can have the same gear as you.

Me and a warrior just started 2v2 ing today and I have to say the changes are totally recognizable.

Out of the 14 matches we had time to play we won 10 and lost 4. The 4 lost ones were to 2 setups , 2 matches lost to same team - destro lock frost mage (they played almost godlike with perfect timings on dps and seduction/stuns) and the other 2 were lost to DK, holydin due to me ooming before their holydin. It's true that there are mana issues but if I had optimized myself a little better spell rotation wise we would have won vs the DK and holydin too.

Rogues and DKs no longer pose a problem due to the high armor and the incredible reduction that can be given by barkskin, plus if you play with letting LB end with right timing a rogue barely does any damage in a stunlock (LB before he opens is completely doable with the faintest clue on how arenas work, and if you get it through it will bloom right in middle of the stunlock healing for ~8-9k depending on gear).

Warriors can still be a pain if they are properly geared but are merely just a nuissance.

As for retlols, that's exactly what they are , lols.

I'm still confuzed. After all what's best for arena this season? The poll isn't helping at all.

So far i've tried arena on both my shaman & my druid as resto.

I have to admit i'm finding arena on my druid a LOT easier than before now, biggest improvement is the lifebloom final tick stacking, giving an 8k+ heal while stunlocked & suchlike.

Found it easier than my shaman in fact, however I have a couple more pieces of pvp gear on my druid so overall i'd say they were pretty even.

Tie :P

Edit: Never mind, i'll first go with my shaman, then my druid level and gear them both, try them both and decide.
    No one realy seems to be giving a clear answer, maybe due to the season just having started.

They both have their pros and cons depending on your partner and opponents.

I'd say go with the one you feel more comfortable playing because player skill is still and will always trump anything else.
    FFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Quote Originally Posted by Skivoh

Then there is Shaman. 5 buttons to push generally. A quick heal, an instant heal, a long heal(not for pvp maybe with nature's swiftness) a chain heal(neither or at least not as much esp in 2v2) and a passive heal - on hit (shield).
    Your forgetting a major ability here of a shaman, even tho its not a heal, but still: Purge. And then Totems, but oh well.... Grounding, Earthbind, Stoneclaw.....

Quote Originally Posted by Brokenmirror
    From what I have seen so far in 3.1, is that druids have mana problems in pvp (From what I saw from the 1 druid I have faced so far, so probably isn't like that for every druid).

That being said, I would go with shaman since mage/rogue and spriest/rogue will destroy a druid comp in 2s. What bracket do you think you will be playing in the most?

Not to be mean, but as a druid mage rogues is the EASIEST common combo to farm, i nearly solo them so to speak.

Quote Originally Posted by Skivoh
    Edit: Never mind, i'll first go with my shaman, then my druid level and gear them both, try them both and decide.
    No one realy seems to be giving a clear answer, maybe due to the season just having started.
    No one can can give you a clear answer because there really isn't one. You've just given yourself the best answer: play them both and experience firsthand which playstyle fits you better. Shammys are a simple healer with a nice bursty "finish 'em off" damage possibility and druids just run away like little panzies throwing hots on everything. Both are extremely affective when played right.

I've had time to play quite a lot this week against all sorts of combos, and I must say they're defenetly both really good. Although a druid that sees you comming is close to impossible to kill, it's insane!

I play double/triple DPS in arenas so bursting people is my focus (no healingdebuff though). If dr00ds starts rolling heals on themselves before they're attacked, they're HP doesn't even go down. It's really annoying to see as a DPS'er, and they're prolly our biggest threat as a DPS-team, seeing as they heal a lot even though they're CC'd.

Shamans are slightly easier to kill if you prepare for them, but still strong as hell in all situations. When killing a druid is very doable if you switch some time into the fight, a shaman will always have his riptide and what not ready to keep himself up.

It's just as said, both have their pros and cons.

Quote Originally Posted by pinkstrider
    Not to be mean, but as a druid mage rogues is the EASIEST common combo to farm, i nearly solo them so to speak.
    Let's say they get you out of stealth, and stun lock you till you're about dead, followed by a 10k evis, and a 7k mage crit.

What defensive ability do you have that they can't take off or prevent from happening? And you're not going to get away from a 'good' rogue.

Not to be mean, but if it's so easy, why are mage/rogue comps higher than druid ones? And more numerous?

Quitting the fail that WoW has become when Aion comes out. No point to play hardcore when any idiot can have the same gear as you.