Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
5
... LastLast
  1. #41

    Re: Val'anyr, a priest perspective.

    Quote Originally Posted by SpiritusVex
    Sorry Fixed the Spell Power.

    Also, Fun to look at:

    Golden Bow of Quel'Thalas
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    204 - 380 Damage Speed 3.00
    (97.3 damage per second)
    +18 Agility
    Equip: Increases armor penetration rating by 25 (3.38% @ L70).
    Equip: Increases attack power by 34.

    Thori'dal, the Stars' Fury
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    Binds when picked up
    355 - 524 Damage Speed 2.70
    (162.8 damage per second)
    +17 Agility
    Equip: Improves critical strike rating by 16 (0.72% @ L70).
    Equip: Increases attack power by 34.
    Equip: Increases armor penetration rating by 17 (2.3% @ L70).
    Equip: Thori'dal generates magical arrows when the bow string is drawn. Does not use ammo.
    Thori'dal's DPS includes "ammo" dps, because it generates its own ammo.

    In reality, its effectiveness isn't nearly as big as it looks.

    Now, moving on, I love the hammer. I definitely want it over that Guiding Star.. Obvious, cause I'm Disc, but still.
    It's pretty awesome regardless.

  2. #42

    Re: Val'anyr, a priest perspective.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lucky_
    Two options:

    1. Link a better weapon for caster DPS in current content.
    2. Understand that you're the one with intelligence impairment and not him (and that you're fishing for a ban for personal attack).


    Sure, the weapon's bonus is vastly superior for healers, and it proc is designed for them. However ever since spellpower unification change, line between healing gear and DPS gear has been blurry, usually mainly focused on "weapon has/doesn't have mp5/hit", as other stats benefit both.

    Notice the clear absence of both aforementioned stats on the weapon.

    Spell based DPS classes and healers, as well as DK tanks and 2h DPS classes has this issue since 3.0 (3.0.2 for DKs obviously). Sometimes unification makes your BiS item also a BiS item for someone else, even if for them it's far more marginal of an upgrade then for you.
    Staff of Endless Winter

    DPS can't use the proc effect so please explain to me why a dps toon would be more deserving or able to utilise the item better than a healer. DPS to a vast extent means little... keeping people alive has a greater relationship to success than slightly higher dps.

    This is a simple case of people being selfish and unable to see that by benefiting your raid members it will benefit you.

  3. #43

    Re: Val'anyr, a priest perspective.

    Quote Originally Posted by Worshaka
    Damn, I think I just came..

  4. #44

    Re: Val'anyr, a priest perspective.

    Quote Originally Posted by ChaosEater
    I'd have to disagree. Hopefully when the first shard drops for many guilds they will take into account how much of an increase in performance it will have on the players that could use it and send it to the person whose increased performance would be the best for the guild. Im not saying this isnt a healer weapon (the proc makes that perfectly clear) but my guild has a single holy paladin and no disc priests but we have a rly good ele shaman (sadly isnt me 8( ). So say after the Paladin gets the shards (or even before not sure exactly how much our holy pally contribues to the raid) then who gets it next? Logically it would go to the person who would make the most use of it, which would be the elemental shaman. What im saying is that this weapon (as most things should in a raid environment) go to whichever guildy can make the most out out of it, not just to healers because of the proc.
    There is no way an ele shaman can utilise this weapon better than any healer... just because you only have 1 holy Pally doesnt mean your contingent of druids, Holy Priests and Resto Shamans can't use it. The proc makes it clear that it's most benefical to a healer... if your ele shaman is as awesome as you say then he really doesn't need a weapon itemised for healers. He'll be just as awesome with the next best weapon.

  5. #45

    Re: Val'anyr, a priest perspective.

    Quote Originally Posted by SpiritusVex
    Oh I agree, 750SP & 400haste is just silly. I was expecting, though, some static "equip" or "on use" effect, rather than the RNG, which, for healing, is just plain horrible.
    The thing is, you don't need the proc to be a good healer. There's no way it can hurt you, it can only make you better regardless of how it works.

  6. #46

    Re: Val'anyr, a priest perspective.

    Quote Originally Posted by SpiritusVex
    The bad intel is from the main page of MMO.

    The proc rate is going to be key on how "Legendary" this is.

    If HoT overheals count towards shielding, this could be scary good for druid raid healing. Also might be interesting to know how long the shield lasts on someone.
    Its been a while since i checked, but as far as i remember, druids hots dont overheal, they will slightly overheal if the tick is more than the health needed, but after that they stop ticking untill health is needed again. Like i said, its been a while since i have healed or even payed attention to it, so it could have been reverted in light of the new lifebloom effects


  7. #47

    Re: Val'anyr, a priest perspective.

    ITT:

    Scrubs

    Val'anyr is best in slot healing, if you disagree you should quit wow now.
    Val'anyr is VERY close in terms of dps for a shadow priest, i cant see it being MUCH more different to other hybrids.
    Val'anyr will be outdated by the Best mace/staff from Icecrown

    To the people who think the Legendary wont go to DPS casters for a year? lol..... wotlk will be over in a year, if not less (IMO it will be over in 8 months tops).
    Its a Legendary item, you take it because its cool, of course the first few will goto healers coz its healer intended weapon, but if ANY player and/or guild thinks that the proc will make or break a fight, u are kidding yourself.


    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Barthilas&n=Strykie

  8. #48

    Re: Val'anyr, a priest perspective.

    Quote Originally Posted by SpiritusVex
    Honestly... I could care a less if a eleshaman, boomkin, or Spriest took this mace. Hell, might even be useful in the hands of an Spriest if the heals from VE translate into shields.

    This weapon does not feel "legendary." I might feel a little excited if I was a Holy Pally.
    Obviously not a healer, or competent for that matter.

  9. #49

    Re: Val'anyr, a priest perspective.

    Quote Originally Posted by Worshaka
    Staff of Endless Winter

    DPS can't use the proc effect so please explain to me why a dps toon would be more deserving or able to utilise the item better than a healer. DPS to a vast extent means little... keeping people alive has a greater relationship to success than slightly higher dps.

    This is a simple case of people being selfish and unable to see that by benefiting your raid members it will benefit you.
    You realise you're posting a two-handed staff in comparison to a one-handed mace that can be equipped with an off-hand item as well, right?

  10. #50

    Re: Val'anyr, a priest perspective.

    Quote Originally Posted by Worshaka
    There is no way an ele shaman can utilise this weapon better than any healer... just because you only have 1 holy Pally doesnt mean your contingent of druids, Holy Priests and Resto Shamans can't use it. The proc makes it clear that it's most benefical to a healer... if your ele shaman is as awesome as you say then he really doesn't need a weapon itemised for healers. He'll be just as awesome with the next best weapon.
    First - The proc rate of this weapon is currently unknown so its total value for healers isnt even known yet and other then the proc it is itemized perfectly for several dps casters.

    Secondly - You're missing my point. My point was that while it is a healer weapon (soley because of the proc) that it should go to whoever would contribute the most with it. The ele sham in my guild was just used as an example. If a dps caster receiving it would be more benfitital to the guild then a healer getting it the dps caster should get it. Of course this is going to very guild by guild because of personal performance.


  11. #51

    Re: Val'anyr, a priest perspective.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dekool
    Obviously not a healer, or competent for that matter.
    Competent enough to realize that this "proc" doesn't seem legendary. I overstated the DPS point due to the lackluster nature of the proc. In essence, on a single target, it works out to an extra PW:S per proc. Not very sexy imo. In addition, there is no control over when it will happen. Healing is about knowing when to use your abilities, not random chance for something cool.

    Again, it all boils down to how often this proc happens.

    For druids, the proc is down right marginal due to HoT overheals not counting towards the shield.

    It is also marginalized for Disco priests, because a large chunk of their healing is absorbs.

  12. #52

    Re: Val'anyr, a priest perspective.

    This is a paladin weapon and everyone knows it.

    This bro told a cool story on 2009-12-03 and proudly took part in the banfest.

  13. #53

    Re: Val'anyr, a priest perspective.

    Quote Originally Posted by Piscesthepally
    This is a healer weapon and everyone knows it.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

  14. #54

    Re: Val'anyr, a priest perspective.

    I just had a mental image of the proc, Inner Focus and Divine Hymn.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

  15. #55

    Re: Val'anyr, a priest perspective.

    Quote Originally Posted by SpiritusVex
    Sorry Fixed the Spell Power.

    Also, Fun to look at:

    Golden Bow of Quel'Thalas
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    204 - 380 Damage Speed 3.00
    (97.3 damage per second)
    +18 Agility
    Equip: Increases armor penetration rating by 25 (3.38% @ L70).
    Equip: Increases attack power by 34.

    Thori'dal, the Stars' Fury
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    Binds when picked up
    355 - 524 Damage Speed 2.70
    (162.8 damage per second)
    +17 Agility
    Equip: Improves critical strike rating by 16 (0.72% @ L70).
    Equip: Increases attack power by 34.
    Equip: Increases armor penetration rating by 17 (2.3% @ L70).
    Equip: Thori'dal generates magical arrows when the bow string is drawn. Does not use ammo.
    That isn't a Huge improvement either, the dps difference is because of the arrows

  16. #56

    Re: Val'anyr, a priest perspective.

    Quote Originally Posted by SpiritusVex
    Competent enough to realize that this "proc" doesn't seem legendary. I overstated the DPS point due to the lackluster nature of the proc. In essence, on a single target, it works out to an extra PW:S per proc. Not very sexy imo. In addition, there is no control over when it will happen. Healing is about knowing when to use your abilities, not random chance for something cool.

    Again, it all boils down to how often this proc happens.

    For druids, the proc is down right marginal due to HoT overheals not counting towards the shield.

    It is also marginalized for Disco priests, because a large chunk of their healing is absorbs.
    well if you want to compare it, granted i never did Vanilia wow instances and never had the grandeur of farming for Thunderfury, by what i heard, the proc for TF was almost constant? so until it's actually made and used, why not just think that it's like a thunderfury proc?

  17. #57

    Re: Val'anyr, a priest perspective.

    Quote Originally Posted by Piscesthepally
    This is a paladin weapon and everyone knows it.
    Stop being a fucking moron.

  18. #58
    The Lightbringer Simulacrum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    3,295

    Re: Val'anyr, a priest perspective.

    Quote Originally Posted by Raptorg
    Stop being a fucking moron.
    I approve of the irony.

  19. #59

    Re: Val'anyr, a priest perspective.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cattlehunter
    I approve of the irony.
    Are you the fag who made that e-mail adress just to send me a hate mail?

  20. #60

    Re: Val'anyr, a priest perspective.

    Quote Originally Posted by jinxx
    When you compare Thori'dal to Golden Bow of Quel'Thalas you have to consider the fact that Thori'dal does not use a quiver or arrows so it does not gain the attack speed and damage increases from those. It's still a good weapon, but not as good as the raw stats make it seem.

    As for the legendary mace the stats seem good to me. Basically it's a step up from the best currently known healing mace in Ulduar and then it has a potentially very good proc effect. Seems pretty sweet to me. After all you can't expect it to have like 750 spellpower and 400 haste just because it's a legendary, then it'd be vastly overpowered.
    Newsflash: hand of ragnaros and thunderfury were OP, atiesh was OP, warglaives and thoridal were OP.
    why the hell isnt this AT LEAST an unquestionable update in all stats?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •