+550 Spell Power

Val'anyr, Hammer of the Ancient Kings
    --------------------------------------
    +52 Stamina
    +54 Intellect

+47 Crit
    +46 Haste

+587 Spell Power

Val'anyr Hammer of Ancient Kings - Equip Effect - Your healing spells have a chance to cause Blessing of Ancient Kings for 15 seconds allowing your heals to shield the target absorbing damage equal to 15% of the amount healed.

Net Gain/Loss
    ---------------------------

+16 Stamina
    +6 Intellect

+47 Crit
    -3 Haste
    -15 Mp5

+37 Spell Power

Equip Effect
    --------------------------------------

That equip effect better proc like the wind...

Re: Val'anyr, a priest perspective.

you also gain 38 SP. Im guessing there will be alot of non-healers using this aswell.

That equip effect better proc like the wind...
    When I find out I'll let you know. Got my 1st shard tonight. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Kamakaze0zzy
    you also gain 38 SP. Im guessing there will be alot of non-healers using this aswell.
    I direly hope not.

At the moment I am very disappointed.

I was hoping they would give every class a different item.
    I'm holding out for a blue post.

Im guessing there will be alot of non-healers using this aswell.
    troll or serious? lol...

Sorry Fixed the Spell Power.

Also, Fun to look at:

Golden Bow of Quel'Thalas
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    204 - 380 Damage Speed 3.00
    (97.3 damage per second)
    +18 Agility
    Equip: Increases armor penetration rating by 25 (3.38% @ L70).
    Equip: Increases attack power by 34.

Thori'dal, the Stars' Fury
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    Binds when picked up
    355 - 524 Damage Speed 2.70
    (162.8 damage per second)
    +17 Agility
    Equip: Improves critical strike rating by 16 (0.72% @ L70).
    Equip: Increases attack power by 34.
    Equip: Increases armor penetration rating by 17 (2.3% @ L70).
    Equip: Thori'dal generates magical arrows when the bow string is drawn. Does not use ammo.

The only thing that makes this a healer weapon at all is the bonus effect (which is amazing yes). The lack of any kind of mana regen confuses me, a weapon is a great item to get a huge increase in mp5/spirit. And that haste is not too useful for druids.

Quote Originally Posted by Chillbro
    troll or serious? lol...
    No im serious, aside from the Healing proc, this mace still looks pretty attractive from a dps caster's
    point of veiw. Plus i have not seen anything else better so far.

No im serious, aside from the Healing proc, this mace still looks pretty attractive from a dps caster's
    This is the 'hunters should roll on stat sticks because they benefit from it' argument in the most HORRIBLE way. And this is coming from a huntard-for-life, I've always played a hunter.

Quote Originally Posted by chessythief
    At the moment I am very disappointed.

I was hoping they would give every class a different item.
    I'm holding out for a blue post.
    I am also awaiting clarification on the proc effect. Even then, RNG procs + healing = fail. Will only Direct Heals proc the effect? Will Hots proc it? Will hots create shields? It already seems that Disco priest absorbs will not contribute to the proc effect. This, as of right now, is a pally healer weapon 1st, Disco priest second. As a Shaman, Holy Priest, or Druid, I would spend your capital somewhere else.

Im guessing there will be alot of non-healers using this aswell.
    You're only making yourself look more and more ignorant. I'd suggest deleting your mmo profile and starting anew.

Honestly... I could care a less if a eleshaman, boomkin, or Spriest took this mace. Hell, might even be useful in the hands of an Spriest if the heals from VE translate into shields.

This weapon does not feel "legendary." I might feel a little excited if I was a Holy Pally.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiritusVex
    Honestly... I could care a less if a eleshaman, boomkin, or Spriest took this mace. Hell, might even be useful in the hands of an Spriest if the heals from VE translate into shields.

This weapon does not feel "legendary." I might feel a little excited if I was a Holy Pally.
    There is no TAKING of this mace...the time and effort alone will deter NON healers from acquiring it anytime in the next year...

And if you can't recognize the legendary aspect of this mace, you need to get off the drugs.

15+ Year Old Account

When you compare Thori'dal to Golden Bow of Quel'Thalas you have to consider the fact that Thori'dal does not use a quiver or arrows so it does not gain the attack speed and damage increases from those. It's still a good weapon, but not as good as the raw stats make it seem.

As for the legendary mace the stats seem good to me. Basically it's a step up from the best currently known healing mace in Ulduar and then it has a potentially very good proc effect. Seems pretty sweet to me. After all you can't expect it to have like 750 spellpower and 400 haste just because it's a legendary, then it'd be vastly overpowered.

Its probably the most difficult to obtain item in the game right now, a non-healer will not see this mace before the next expansion.

Where is the legendary aspect of this mace? An RNG for 15sec of 15% healing done translating into a shield? Assuming 3k HpS single target, thats a 6.75K shield. Erm, my PW:S does that.

Quote Originally Posted by Chillbro
    You're only making yourself look more and more ignorant. I'd suggest deleting your mmo profile and starting anew.
    Two options:

1. Link a better weapon for caster DPS in current content.
    2. Understand that you're the one with intelligence impairment and not him (and that you're fishing for a ban for personal attack).

Sure, the weapon's bonus is vastly superior for healers, and it proc is designed for them. However ever since spellpower unification change, line between healing gear and DPS gear has been blurry, usually mainly focused on "weapon has/doesn't have mp5/hit", as other stats benefit both.

Notice the clear absence of both aforementioned stats on the weapon.

Spell based DPS classes and healers, as well as DK tanks and 2h DPS classes has this issue since 3.0 (3.0.2 for DKs obviously). Sometimes unification makes your BiS item also a BiS item for someone else, even if for them it's far more marginal of an upgrade then for you.

It's also only 1 dps lower than the warglaives

just thought that was funny

Quote Originally Posted by SpiritusVex
    Where is the legendary aspect of this mace? An RNG for 15sec of 15% healing done translating into a shield? Assuming 3k HpS single target, thats a 6.75K shield. Erm, my PW:S does that.

considering it procs for no mana and can proc off of any heal you must be retarded not to see the value of this.