Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...

Re: Val'anyr, a priest perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by Abandon
    Disc priests would actually get less benefit from it than Holy priests, as they have lower direct heal amounts and less AoE healing, and the effect to proc shields does not work with shields like PW:S or Divine Aegis.
    I would like to give a situation for you...

You cast PW:S and you're glyphed for it. The heal(I'm assuming here) procs the buff. You cast Penance and get lucky with all 3 critting. You just got an Insane DA and another shield on the tank.

I'll let that sink in...

Quote Originally Posted by fabian

You cast PW:S and you're glyphed for it. The heal(I'm assuming here) procs the buff. You cast Penance and get lucky with all 3 critting. You just got an Insane DA and another shield on the tank.

I'll let that sink in...
    Thank you that is exactly what I was referring to

That proc rate must be pretty damn high… I mean really folks, keep in mind Icecrown is yet to come. Blizzard wouldn't want a legendary weapon to be overshadowed by any Icecrown weapons. Take a look at the difference between 3.0 weapons and 3.1 weapons. The 3.1 weapons are nice upgrades. The proc rate is going to be amazing… I'm thinking no ICD.

Quote Originally Posted by fabian

I'll let that sink in...
    You have no idea if the shields from the proc will stack. So you could get a shield on the tank worth one tick of Penance. Also, Discipline has less direct healing than Holy, simply because of the way the tree is designed. Discipline augments its heals with damage shields, and as such its direct heals hit for less. So depending on if the shield from it stacks, one crit Greater Heal from a holy priest could heal for 15,000 (easy numbers) and so a shield of 2250 would proc. Penance could have each tick crit for 5000, proc one shield for 750, and then either not have the new shield stack with the older one or it could simply say that a stronger buff is already in place.

Unless you know more information on the shield, Holy will have more effective use for the proc than Disc. If the shields do stack, then it is completely different, but making assumptions at this point is silly. Unless you know how the proc currently works (which you don't) then you are making assumptions that can easily be wrong. As it is, if the shields do not stack then it is better for Holy than Disc.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

We can reasonably infer that the shields do stack based on http://blue.mmo-champion.com/27/1613...yr-please.html

The quote 'even for druids' implies that the shields stack or is an upfront shield(for 30% of the total amount the HoT will heal), since it would not be useful for druids if it did not.

True, it may be a stacking shield, and if so this is just as good for Disc as Holy, but until the proc is seen it is better not to make assumptions.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

I don't know how the proc works, i will know soon (8 fragments but being optimistic we will have same lucks with drops 3rd week and the followings).

I was hoping it being legendry will in some way increase my healing output: higher spellpower, combination of wining stats, or even a proc that has something to do with more healing.

I was excited to find out about the sheild that procs, and assume it will be close to Ageis effect. The stats that were published made me abit happy: i was truely hoping it won't be a haste mp5s, and glad to see crit on it as well. Too bad there isn't any spirit on it, would have been nice to get all stats on it (since legendry has same amount of spellpower, perhaps geting: stam int spirit, crit haste spellpower mp5s on it, but abit too much i guess).

It is supposed to be healing oriented, i did expect something more "legendry", if this doesn't stack with ageis its almost useless as discipline, if it procs only from direct heals its almost useless for druids. I think there were millions idea's i heard that all sound more legendry then it, but it's still a legendry.

Well, there are a number of different ways the shield could work. The most benefitial to all healing classes would be if the proc made all of your heals place a stacking shield on the target for 15% of the amount healed, including overhealing. I don't see why this would not stack with Divine Aegis, though. Current shield spells all stack.

Yes, but the shield effect won't add to the stacking healing ;-)

Anyway, it's a great effect, much better than that of the Crystal Spire.

I believe someone asked a blue if the proc rate was better than 20%, and the response was yes. (If its important, i'll drudge up the post).

If it is better than a 20% proc rate with no internal cooldown, then this mace will be amazing. That would create a nearly 100% uptime while the fire is hot... it would take a weapon with absolutely amazing spellpower to come even close to that kind of throughput.

However, if it is a better than 20% proc rate with a 45sec cooldown... its a slave to the RNG. Big awesome hugetastic shield when you don't need it, no shield when you do. If this is the case, I would rather take a staff with better raw stats.

That being said, from a pure number crunch, holy paladins still will benefit the most from this, followed by holy priests and resto shamans. Disco priests and druids fall at the bottom due to their shields/hots. OFC, they all will receive great benefit from this weapon (assuming the proc does not have a ICD). Just, some more than others.

If Blizzard says it's great for druids too, then it's exactly like the buff says: all healing done blablabla. So HoTs aswell.

There is no proof of the 45 sec hidden cooldown. There is proof of a 10% procchance.

I just wonder if the effect has a seperate counter and if it has a cap.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiritusVex
    Sorry Fixed the Spell Power.

Also, Fun to look at:

Golden Bow of Quel'Thalas
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    (97.3 damage per second)

Thori'dal, the Stars' Fury
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    Binds when picked up
    (162.8 damage per second)
    That was due to the fact that it didn't use ammo.
    e.g. no 55 DPS arrows, or whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by bbr
    That was due to the fact that it didn't use ammo.
    e.g. no 55 DPS arrows, or whatever.
    Yes, people mentioned that several pages ago.

15+ Year Old Account

If you are a DPS caster and think you have any chance at all of getting a fragment within the next year and a half, you need to get checked for cerebral palsy A.S.A.P.

I'm disc and I want this mace. Bad.

Thanks to Mipeo for pally's sig!

Quote Originally Posted by Nesco
    If Blizzard says it's great for druids too, then it's exactly like the buff says: all healing done blablabla. So HoTs aswell.

There is no proof of the 45 sec hidden cooldown. There is proof of a 10% procchance.

I just wonder if the effect has a seperate counter and if it has a cap.
    Assuming this works like Divine Aegis, overheals will count towards the shield. HoTs that tick on a 100% target do not overheal, meaning druids would loose possible throughput. Is it make or break? No. But it does make it less effective.

If it is "effective" healing, then all healing classes will be samey-samey, except for Disco priests, who provide about 30% of thier healing as "damage prevention", which will not factor into the shield.

Deleted

in my opinion this is, from far, the worst lagendary item that ever existed in wow.
    and also the proc makes paladins the 1st option for giving it to. qq healers (im myself a shaman) but that is the TRUE !

Quote Originally Posted by Xhosas
    in my opinion this is, from far, the worst lagendary item that ever existed in wow.
    and also the proc makes paladins the 1st option for giving it to. qq healers (im myself a shaman) but that is the TRUE !
    What are the lagendary items you speak of? They must be amazing if this is a bad one, because it is a pretty damn good legendary weapon on paper. You can keep whining about how it is underpowered despite having no experiance with it or fully understanding the mechanics of it if you like though.

Whenever I need a laugh, I refresh this thread.