Incentive to Choose Elemental Shaman vs. Balance Druid

or vice versa? With patch 3.1 I have decided to reroll a druid or shaman (horde)

Is there really a noticeable difference in performance?

I would appreciate some feedback (and experiences) on the specs of those classes. My primary focus is PvE

Help me out!

Thanks

Re: Incentive to Choose Elemental Shaman vs. Balance Druid

Well, as I've seen it the elemental shaman is more versatile bringing Bloodlust, SoE Totem, Mana Spring, +crit/SP totem, 5% spellhaste totem (effectively providing the buffs of a DK, Paladin, and Demonlock), and 5% spellcrit. However the Boomkin is almost as versatile if healing is needed, has the 3% haste for all, 5% spellcrit, and does more damage than the elemental shaman. I play elemental myself so I'm a little biased toward them.
    Hopefully "at least" means "sometimes three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number flame shock shall tick, and the number of ticking shall be three. Four shalt thou not tick, nor either tick thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou holy lava burst of antioch towards thy foe, who being naughty in my sight, shall suffer at least two more ticks of flame shock. Amen."
    :3 -Whowherewhat

thanks for the input
    if i remember right a balance druid's rotation is more RNG based than a ele. shaman..
    as ele. is your rotation just spamming LB, FS, LvB? or do you also depend on RNG like certain procs here and there that you need to work in

Depending on your playstyle you'll either be using a pre-set rotation (that lasts like 20 some secs) or a priority system where you make sure to keep your flame shock up, use lvb every time it's off cd and spam lb inbetween these, not really anything random about it
    Should i give you some advice towards choosing your new char i wouls say level the druid due to the sole reason that should you grow tired of being a chicken (boomkin) you can become a healer or tank or melee dps with a change of specc and gear making druids the class with most playstyles (normal classes got 1 or 2 (a few 3) playstyles)

Gl with your new boomkin / eleman.

Quote Originally Posted by Guardias
    the Boomkin ... does more damage than the elemental shaman.
    Haven't experienced it yet!
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

Shaman = Heals, Melee dps, spell dps

Druid = Heals, melee dps, spell dps, Tank, solo more stuff easier, easier to run away from something when you cant handle it. faster farming toon, Everyone hates you cause you can do every thing yet still loves you when you are doing it for them. and the list goes on.

You decide.

Elemental shamans can cast healing spells without taking the shapeshifter penalty, and even an enhancement shaman can throw out a clutch chain heal when necessary. A moonkin has to seriously consider whether a heal is worth the cost.

The most important reason has not yet been given. As a druid, you need to be a cow. As a shaman, you can be a cool Troll, and have da mojo, which is pretty important. Since, not having da mojo is just nothing one should be proud of, an thus, you should at every occasion choose to play a troll, if in any way possible.