Rating working as intended?

I started playing some 2vs2 games now. But i noticed how random teams were giving rating.

First screenshot:
    We got beaten be a rogue / druid. The difference between our matchrating almost 200. They were at 1625 and us at 1443, yet they get 47 rating?

Second screenshot:

We meet them a couple of games later and this time we win. This time they are only about 150 rating above us. They lose NO rating and we only get 15?

Is this working as intended? I really cant see how that fair ??? Any info about this would be appreciated :P

Deleted

Re: Rating working as intended?

Don't know if it's confirmed or just an urban myth but I've heard talk of the rating also being based on the overall item level of your equipment.

I don't know your team rating (or the team you played) but this is how it works.

Two teams may have the same MMR of lets say 1500 for example sake (matchmaking rating) but lets say that one of the teams actual ratings is 1500 while the other is still 0 - the team rated 0 will either a) lose 0 points or b) gain 40+ points. If the team that is already close to 1500 (lets say 1350) wins they will likely get less points for a win, because you are approaching your given matchmaking rating, and then the other team will obviously lose 0 because they are nowhere near close to their MMR.

Thats the best I can do for you.

This bro told a cool story on 2009-12-03 and proudly took part in the banfest.

Its working as intended. That is 2 min of searching through the front page, less time than it took you to ask the question ;p try help your self next time. If you already did that then well here is your answer.

Blue post said:

As with the current system, the matchmaking system will attempt to match teams against opponents who are closest to their average matchmaking rating. Starting with Arena Season 6, a team’s average matchmaking rating will be shown in the scoreboard at the end of each match so that you can see where your team stands compared to the opposing team you just faced. All arena teams that are below a 1500 arena rating will always earn arena points as a 1500 rated team. This will allow teams to continue to build up arena points while working on gaining the ratings needed to purchase items.

In order to make joining teams later in the season a little easier for players, the system will now be setup so if a player joins a team that has a team rating of 1000 or higher, the player’s personal rating will start off at 1000 instead of 0. And Another thing to keep in mind is that until you start to get close to your team's matchmaking rating, you will be gaining around 20 or more points in a win and zero or nearly zero in a loss. So players will make steady progress through games played until they near their team's matchmaking rating.

So overall, the points you gain/loss depends on the Teams rating (not the mmr) but the team rating. You will most likely gain 47 a win 0 for a loss untill you get near 1300 ish then it will slowly go down wards. I have err 2200 MMR rating or so and 1450 ish team rating atm we win about 35 and lose 0 right now but the higher we get the less team points you will win.

NOTE! That no matter what your team rating is, your MMR wont increase less or more, MMR going up/down depends on the current MMR rating of your opponents together with your own.

Hope this answered your question.