[Ele] Curious notion....

earlier today i was helping a guildy with a heroic. im main spec ele dual specd resto, so i went to heal for him

our dps sucked so i switched to ele and i saw something odd...

as resto my healing wave crits for ~14k... and as ele, it crit for 13k

wtf?

i switched specs and my dmg is low, and my healing is uberfuckinghigh

i wasn't a big believer of the whole "dual spec is the cause of our dps drop" but now im startin to seriously contemplate it. i tested the improper mechanics of CC/EO and they seem to be doing fine even with a turkey in the raid.

any feedback on this would be much appreciated :-\

Re: [Ele] Curious notion....

it might be that there's a bug in the dual spec thingy :-X

it might sound a lil bit weird but..do you have seperate gear for elemental and resto?..maybe u switched specc and forgot about your gear :
    to me it aint that bad if you forgot..but i could happen to anyone..including myself ;D

was enh specced and switched to elemental ..without changing gear so i thought there was a bug but it was my gear that i didnt switch :-[

anyway ...i hope this can help you

Suddy

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: [Ele] Curious notion....

I have also noticed this. I swapped between specs and my Ele spec was getting some huge crits that I usually see as resto while I was topping people off before a pull. (Stupid healer habits).

Anyways, I've seen about a 400-500 dps drop with the current issues. I do keep separate sets for the two specs.