Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...

Re: Ret - You design it, we give up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem
    maybe pures don´t care for hybrids to be equal in tanking and healing because every healer or tank is a hybrid-class

but yea, why trying to think
    Let me get this straight, you want Paladins and Druids to only be viable as healers and their other two specs should be marginal at best compared to "pure" tanks and dps specs?

If so, you sir are retarded.

Quote Originally Posted by thirdone
    Rofl. Seems to me, you just wanna be a warrior with the ability to be invulnerable, heal and dispel.
    my thoughts exactly

Quote Originally Posted by Ufalah
    Let me get this straight, you want Paladins and Druids to only be viable as healers and their other two specs should be marginal at best compared to "pure" tanks and dps specs?
    You are missing the point. His point is: There is no pure tank or pure healer in the game. Every tank can be dps. Same goes for healers. That makes them hybrids (according to Blizzards terminology).

15+ Year Old Account

Could always have a Tree changed for Warlock and Hunters so their pet can tank on their own, and call them Hybrids

You know it's funny how many people think we can spam 3 buttons and instantly get 2k rating. If we could I'd say sure we're op. Now you do see a decent amount of ret in high brackets,m but we're in no way op.

In a arena environment a warrior, hunter, rogue or any class with a MS ability is going to out burst ret if healing nerf was factored in as well. imo nerfing the heals received should be counted as damage done.

I'm rated at 1950's in 3v3 with about a 3-1 win to loss ratio with a dk and resto druid. I know warrior ret druid is flavor of the month but I'm not convinced even tho those teams are doing exceptionally well. I prefer to find quality players to play with instead of switching and tryin to make comps work. (i know 1950 isn't huge so don't flame :P)

Even to get to 1950 in 3v3 if you think pushing 3 buttons to face roll in arenas I think your mentally retarded, if you think ret is that good roll one and see.

The list of abilities I use in arenas.
    1. Cleanse
    2. Blessing of freedom
    3. Divine shield
    4. Hand of sacrifice
    5. Divine guardian
    6. Blessing of protection
    7. Sacred shield
    8. Judgement x3

(light, wisdom, justice) depending on situation

11. Hammer of wrath
    12. Hammer of justice
    13. Repentance
    14. Concencrate
    15. Avenging wrath
    16. Flash of light
    17. Holy light
    18. Divine storm
    19. Crusader strike
    20. Divine plea

prob more but those are what comes to mind atm. If you think ret is so vastly over powered, roll one or make one in a tourney realm and see how well you do if you think all you have to do is roll your face on 3 keys.

I mean button mashing can be fun and can really piss off people in games like street fighter, but arena can't be won by any class by spamming 3 buttons with any class.

I'm pretty sure the list of abilities of ret used in high brackets are a lot more than majority of classes if not all listed (fyi I also play mage, priest, druid as well) even in PVE depending on the fight my dps varies a lot, but since ret has so much utility I prioritize raid survival over my dps, I often throw art of war procs to whoever needs it, got my lay of hand macros made for tanks and sacred shield even (be surprised how many holy pallies don't use this at all on the tanks)

Personally I think blizzard should open a permenant tournament realm, where you can roll any class, race, and gear. Then have people test out the classes themselves and see what's OP and what's not. Personally I think pvp as a mage or priest (both 2k rated in s4) was much easier to play then playing a ret pally correctly where you gotta focus on survival and dps and cc'ing at the same time to succeed.

The only real problem that i see ret's having is:

1. Rng - Make seals ALWAYS hit.
    2. CC - Just give them one silence with a 30 sec cd for gods sake.
    3. MASSIVE BURST of witch you actually are very dependent.

While making seals always proc you get more static dps and you can drain some damage from the judgments to tone down burst.
    Or even take it a step further and make cs/ds/judgment dependent of something so you cant throw everything out in a matter of
    seconds and end up just autoattacking and waiting for the cds.
    Something like "bla cs is only usable when your target is unter the effect of a judgement" (actually THIS wouldn't change anything but you get the idea)
    The tank is the driver, healer is the fuel. And the DPS are the kids sitting in the back crying about if they're there yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Manbearpig
    That makes them hybrids (according to Blizzards terminology).
    Its not blizzards terminology, the true definition of a hybrid is a combination of two or more things, in this case roles. The only classes that aren't hybrids, in terms of what roles they can do, is mage, hunter, rogue and warlock.

Quote Originally Posted by Vazor
    Then how come druids (lol) have it all and more? IMO give druids an MS for feral!!!!
    qft !

NERFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF INCOMINGZ !!!

Oh and Surv hunters too plz !

Just kidding doing fine in BGs , don't ArenA though (missing a good team-mate :P)
    Quote Originally Posted by Smoopie
    this change is to help players like you..... you know..night elf with tyrannical beheader...

Azharok - Dalaran EU

Quote Originally Posted by Dius
    The only real problem that i see ret's having is:

1. Rng - Make seals ALWAYS hit.
    2. CC - Just give them one silence with a 30 sec cd for gods sake.
    3. MASSIVE BURST of witch you actually are very dependent.

While making seals always proc you get more static dps and you can drain some damage from the judgments to tone down burst.
    Or even take it a step further and make cs/ds/judgment dependent of something so you cant throw everything out in a matter of
    seconds and end up just autoattacking and waiting for the cds.
    Something like "bla cs is only usable when your target is unter the effect of a judgement" (actually THIS wouldn't change anything but you get the idea)
    I assume you just mean SoComm, because if SoJ always hit, that would be a whole new version of ret pally OPness

Quote Originally Posted by cloudsgolden
    I assume you just mean SoComm, because if SoJ always hit, that would be a whole new version of ret pally OPness
    Not really, if SoJ always hit, Diminishing Returns would eat it alive after 3 swings, and you might as well switch seals to something else :P

GC is just being deceptive at best, dishonest at worst.

Burst is damage, obviously. When they say that Ret is 'too bursty' what they are saying under a veil is that they are going to reduce our burst. The talk about changing the method of Ret damage is somewhat of a smokescreen, completely tangential to the real subject: Too many people QQ about Ret now being able to kill people. Whether they move us to a combo-style system or to some other way, their real intent is to reduce burst.

That may sound like a statement of the obvious, but what that really means for the simple folk among us is this: We will not be able to do as much damage once they monkey with this as we do now. "Too bursty" doesn't mean there's a failure in the current damage methodology. It means plain and simple that we do too much damage, too fast, and others don't like it. Those players, perhaps even GC's, prefer to have their own classes be the only ones able to be competitive. And by competitive I mean superior. But I digress...

If I am currently able to unload a CS, Judgement, DS, CS and do say, 15K damage to an opponent in x seconds, the necessary conclusion from GC's words is that after the 'too bursty' is dealt with we will not be able to do 15K damage in x seconds. If the damage dealing ability over a fixed period of time remains the same, the issue of 'burst' hasn't been dealt with and GC's words have no meaning.

IOW, Retadins who struggled for years to just be competitive have had our moment in the sun. It's just a matter of time.

Quote Originally Posted by PalliesThrowStuff
    Not really, if SoJ always hit, Diminishing Returns would eat it alive after 3 swings, and you might as well switch seals to something else :P
    Have they even bothered to put it on DR at this point?

Thank blizzard for fucking up ap/sp w/o implementing a system that actually works. Holy lights used make paladins go oom, now they get full health from almost one holy light w/o loosing any mana against other dps classes.

Its Blizzards fault and I really hope they do some tough changes cause I am tired of seing retards running around killing ppl as long as they have some decent weapon and farmable pvp gear. This will hopefully balance the numbers of paladin rerollers and put the bad players bottom of the foodchai, where they belong.
    ROGUES OP LOL
    Have you ever played a rogue? The only reason we are considered OP is because well... you suck.
    No other way to put it.
    No other class in the game has its "OH SHIT" button completely broken.
    No other class in the game WILL be killed in a single stun if they dont have a trinket.
    No other class in the game dies anywhere near as fast as a rogue with its cooldowns gone.
    No other class in the game requires more skill than a rogue.
    No other class in the game is as fun as a rogue, Therefore the majority of rogues who are good, have played a really long time and become good players, nothing will change that.