Ret Paladins - nerfs and ideas.

I used to play a Ret paladin, I got bored when I hit 71 and realised I am just a three button class. They have little actual playstyle besides their nooby versions of warriors so I got to thinking when I saw that Ghostcrawler wants to add a style to Ret paladins, and I thought about it.

Paladins are a defensive style of hybrid, then why not be more reactive spells in PvP? I always thought it would be cool if the Paladin was a sort of Holy Juggernaught, easy to snare and hit but can absorb tons of damage while still dishing it out.

I see people asking for snares, interrupts and stuff and quite frankly, it is a bit stupid to just have these typical spells.. so I had a few ideas.

Eye for an Eye turned into an active ability 30 second cooldown.
    When struck by a spell or ability you reflect 10% of the damage back to the target and snare them for 50% for 15 seconds.

Shares a cooldown with divine prayer or such to make it balanced.

Reckoning - added to the ret tree to help a little with controled damage, cannot proc seals to avoid seal bombs and whatnot.

Crusader strike has a chance on hit to give you a free charge of reckoning.

the two above are to boost the DPS a little outside of stunlocking, I just thought they seemed like a nice use for reckoning, not really that specially.

Send a few ideas this way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kish8586
    I tihnk wehn naruto uses teh spirit bomb on vegeta den he will b defeated and tehn he can fite teh homonclus taht ed made cuz he cant cuz its his mawm!!! ^______________________^

Re: Ret Paladins - nerfs and ideas.

Considering I can almost burst down a healer with my Ret during a lock, I doubt adding reckoning will help EVEN if it's doesn't proc a seal because I still swing for 3k5 avg putting us right where we don't wan't to be OPness ... E4E as active need to reflect ALOT more than 10% considering the passive gives you 20% of crits.
    Quote Originally Posted by Smoopie
    this change is to help players like you..... you know..night elf with tyrannical beheader...

Azharok - Dalaran EU

Created an account to say that I think someone who isn't a max level paladin shouldn't be giving anyone any kind of advice to rebuild a class.

Especially since you say Paladins are more of a defensive class when they are, ironically the opposite of what you said, a reactive class.
    Only the winners win

Quote Originally Posted by Flaming_rain
    I used to play a Ret paladin, I got bored when I hit 71 and realised I never played at 80 so my opinion is worthless.
    I'm always happy to see a fotm paladin quit, it reduces the useless noise that stifles the voices of those who actually care about the class.

Quote Originally Posted by Addly
    Created an account to say that I think someone who isn't a max level paladin shouldn't be giving anyone any kind of advice to rebuild a class.

Especially since you say Paladins are more of a defensive class when they are, ironically the opposite of what you said, a reactive class balanced around a 5 minute cooldown that lasts 12 seconds.
    Fixed. 8)
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Lightning's+Blade&n=Hohenhe%C3%ADm
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Lightning's+Blade&n=Caim
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottK15
    skill>penis/vag

Quote Originally Posted by Addly

Especially since you say Paladins are more of a defensive class when they are, ironically the opposite of what you said, a reactive class.
    This was true back before every class except rogues and mages were a hybrid of some sort.
    Pallies were looked at as the defensive hybrid, and shaman as the offensive hybrid. Druids were 'in the middle'.
    This is not the case anymore, as pretty much every class is a hybrid according to Blizzard's new way of looking at things.

When struck by a spell or ability you reflect 10% of the damage back to the target and snare them for 50% for 15 seconds.
    Interesting idea. I wouldn't complain if I ever saw this done to pallies.

Quote Originally Posted by MrAlaska
    This was true back before every class except rogues and mages were a hybrid of some sort.
    Pallies were looked at as the defensive hybrid, and shaman as the offensive hybrid. Druids were 'in the middle'.
    This is not the case anymore, as pretty much every class is a hybrid according to Blizzard's new way of looking at things.

Interesting idea. I wouldn't complain if I ever saw this done to pallies.
    Well in my opinion we're much more reactive in the sense that we have a plethora of spells intended to be used in reaction to something. Hand of Freedom can be used to remove movement impairing effects or if we're stunned we react. If our partner is taking too much damage we Hand of Sacrifice. Hell, even with art of war procs we are supposed to react with our instant flash of light.

I dunno, I was just trying to refute the statement that we are just a defensive class.
    Only the winners win

Paladins are a defensive style of hybrid, then why not be more reactive spells in PvP? I always thought it would be cool if the Paladin was a sort of Holy Juggernaught, easy to snare and hit but can absorb tons of damage while still dishing it out.
    DKs were introduced months ago. try to come up with your own ideas.
    "Twinking is a way to invest in a different type of game balance at early levels. If you think that twink groups invest all of that gold and attention merely to roll noobs, you are mistaken. " -Blue post

Now with patch 3.2, we're technically supporting twinking by allowing players who aren't level capped to play in Battlegrounds without risking leveling up. -Blue post

Quote Originally Posted by Flaming_rain

Shares a cooldown with divine prayer or such to make it balanced.
    First add a maxuim amout it can reflect (like 50% of total hp). (so the raid boss won't kill themself with those abilties)
    Second I think it should be like charges (think of Mark of Blood) since 30 sec CD and a 15 sec DUR.