Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    RWeber

Re: How Long Till Next Content?

Quote Originally Posted by det
    No, No, No and No. Unless you provide us with a better solution to the problem of attunements, all I can say : Been there, done that. Kael and Vashj were so hard that attunement runs became a pain when you had to take more than 5 ppl along who had never done the fight. And it didn't stop there. Next was Alar, then Winterchill. Guild attunement runs, guild merger runs..all done, all a failure. Suddenly people remember that they have to wash their hair or cut their toenails when they are asked to attune another new player, another guy who was on holidays, another tank, healer or indispensable new guy because some old player quit. In the end we had 35 ppl attuned...and it still wasn't enough...
    I did give a better solution to the problem of attunements: Guild attunements. It's not a new idea; it was proposed in several forms at the time. However, Blizzard decided to just nerf the whole game to the ground so there really is no problem anymore and thus no need for such a mechanism.

Again, my casual 3day guild got 8 new kills the first week of Ulduar and 4 new kills the second. That's a huge problem when Blizzard has stated that this content has to last for a long while. Had they done a good job of tuning and designing the encounters, those 12 bosses could've provided 3 months of fresh challenges to work towards, and Yogg + Algalon at least another month. Sure there are the "hard modes" to come, but at least I'm not personally as excited about them as I was about raid progress before WotLK.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account

I completed "Bubble Bobble" once

Didn't see a need to tell that every random schmuck on the interwebs

I went on and played another game.

As long as Algalon isn't killed by you, you haven't completed Ulduar. It is like claiming you cleared BT but in reality stopped after Akama.

Questions?
    YH how the hell did ya finish Bubble Bobble ?
    That games was hard lol

Loved the fact that u got an bonus lvl when u didn't die in the first 50 or so lvls
    Damm that games was epic, I loved it

thx for bringing back those childhood memories lmao

This game is not complete until someone has done the following on 20 Level 80/Max Level Characters
    (Correctly Picking each Class, and Race that relates having one of each class and race within the 20.)

Has 931 Achievements completed
    Has at least 20 Feats of Strength
    Has Maximum Amount of Gold.

If you have not yet done what is listed above you have work to do, Id suggest you keep playing and finish the objectives above.

det, you said it man. Its not about OWNING every little challenge in the game (except, well for those who are payed to play and think like that). Its about having fun. I remember doing SM like 50 times for several friends who came to play WoW with me. It was repetitive, sure, but it was fun cause of all the bullshit they did while going through the instance. Try having some fun next time, okay?

edit: typos

Quote Originally Posted by Rsteve
    This game is not complete until someone has done the following on 20 Level 80/Max Level Characters
    (Correctly Picking each Class, and Race that relates having one of each class and race within the 20.)

If you have not yet done what is listed above you have work to do, Id suggest you keep playing and finish the objectives above.
    where do you get this 20 feats of strength number? and a max amount of gold? i understand where you are coming from, but it's go big or go home. all (possible) feats of strength, and gold can max? :P
    Banned.

I can't find the link but I do remember Blizzard posting something about 2 German players who had over 230 000 gold and could not stack anymore. So, guess that has a limit t0o

Yes, gold maxes out at like around 200k
    20 feats is because most are not possible anymore, only around 20 are possible

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonshardz
    I can't find the link but I do remember Blizzard posting something about 2 German players who had over 230 000 gold and could not stack anymore. So, guess that has a limit t0o
    Ya, you'll need a guild bank then. Go fill it !

RWeber

Guild attunements sound like a good idea, right. But as the poster above said - ptr is extensively tested, guides are written, videos of fights made, data is mined...basically guilds are not flying blindly...

Unless you restrict yourself and your guild to doing the encounters without help, the game will seem easy. Granted..a few guilds can and have to do this.
    This is an argument that has been hashed out countless times. Basically what it boils down to is that serious raiders will and should do everything possible within the limits of the game rules to make progress. Talking to other guilds and learning what has and hasn't worked for them is a normal part of this. Doing anything else would be handicapping yourself. Also, I think you're overestimating the value of boss guides; any raid leader worth his spot should be able to work out tactics for the WotLK bosses we've seen so far in a few tries. However, I do agree PTR is a bad idea and Blizzard should hire enough testers of their own.

But, you know...even bosses in BT were shot down on a daily basis by Nihilum until artificial cockblocks were encontered like res gear fights.
    What guilds like Nihilum do makes very little difference to me. They treat the game like a job and will therefore have different experience to those of us who just play for fun. I get worried when my own casual guild downs bosses at a rate which will lead to the whole thing being cleared way before there's any new content in sight.

Your average joe guild could already oneshot Rage Winterchill, Anatheron, Na'Jentus and Supremus as well as Voidreaver. Lurker took little training, as did Akama. "Easy" bosses are in the eye of the beholder.
    The early BT/Hyjal bosses were basically free loot as a reward for downing Vashj and Kael. But at least to me it felt anti-climatic to down even those bosses so fast. The thing is that now the whole game feels like that.

uh, 4 pages and still no: all mmos are grindfests. at least with wow, the borefactor isn't as high as all other mmos. don't like ulduar? go play something else, goodbye. the rest of us are loving it.

Quote Originally Posted by anyaka21
    biggest and easiest suggestion to make is when blizzard does invites to the ptr, they really should leave out the uber guilds. Mid hardcore/casuals should be invited.
    What... seriously? Are you saying that Blizzard should leave out the people who understand the game mechanics best, and rely on those, who just logged on to dick around in the new content, to give them any serious feedback? It defeats the very purpose of a PTR for raid content!

the main thing that would do is leave out this "ZOMG I've cleared content in 1-2 weeks, now I'm bored... Or posts like ZOMGLOL new content has been cleared in 1 week, blizz fails again" shit posts we have to put up with every week.
    Yeah, umm, no. What you said there, would be a consequence of purging the idiots from WoW playerbase. Which is never going to happen, I'm afraid.

Next thing it would do is make the PTR last longer, and new content wouldn't have to be patched to oblivion and nerfed 10 times in 2 weeks, and as thus hopefully it won't be as buggy
    Great idea. Make the casual/mid hardcore guilds bored to death on the PTRs with the testing, so they are not bored on live? Your reasoning fails.

Another thing it's likely to do is, as these would be mid cas/hc guilds, there wouldn't as likely be strats and fraps done on the instances, and as widely available as they are now.

Guilds would have to go in blind and piece through the content.
    Dohoho, I'd like to see your average casual guild to get trough RaidWhatever blindfolded like that. I can sum up the aftermath: "RAIDWHATEVER IS TOO HARD WAAAA"

The reason the numbers of guilds have mostly cleared, and many have is because of the insance number of posts strats, and youtube captures that have happened. Which makes every encounter 100x easier than walking in blind.
    Maybe just get rid of PTRs then? Would solve it.

I'd most likely guess that one ofthe reasons OP is bored because he spent 3 months on the PTR learning the bosses and as thus has nothing to look forward to, or even if he didn't, chances are most of his guild did and as thus he's riding on their coat tails (thus if he is the 2nd, best to replace him because he obviously hasn't tried hard enough). Not only that but since he hasn't seen algalon an doesn't want to do the hard modes to achieve it, he obviously sucks.
    The OP has not cleared Ulduar. In fact, I seriously doubt he has even set foot in it. Every raider I know that has been in Ulduar has said only good things about it. Then again, I don't hold myself familiar with idiots, so maybe my narrow view is rooted there for that reason.

Jaded and cynical bastard, plain and simple.

I completed "Bubble Bobble" once

Didn't see a need to tell that every random schmuck on the interwebs

I went on and played another game.

As long as Algalon isn't killed by you, you haven't completed Ulduar. It is like claiming you cleared BT but in reality stopped after Akama.

Questions?

Ooh ooh ooh i gotsa question !!!

Did Bubble Bobble have a monthly subscription fee?

Great game that was btw, i also liked the (kinda) sequal Rainbow Islands (and if anyone else remembers, The New Zealand Story aswell by the same people).

I is a troo gamer from back in the dayz

Pit Lord
    15+ Year Old Account

I see you haven't posted your Armory yet.
    ^ The above should be taken with two grains of salt and a fistful of "chill the F* out".

i read the title of the thread, decided not to read everything cause thats too hard, and now im posting that i dont care.

It's just a game.

Why do you guys stay off the track of title of thread?

This is such a bad argument, you should go back to kindergarden for posts like this.
    Following this logic, you have not completed the game if you have not completed all you listed PLUS all that on each ALT you can have. Oh, yes the game is different if you play a healer or a warrior...

But even if you have done that, please make sure you create another priest, but this time spec him shadow, not holy, and then get all the achievements again...

If you did all you post - WOW would be an incredibly boring game. Actually no one will want to complete what you write... no one is stupid to do all those boring achievments.

Quote Originally Posted by Gron

This is such a bad argument, you should go back to kindergarden for posts like this.
    Following this logic, you have not completed the game if you have not completed all you listed PLUS all that on each ALT you can have. Oh, yes the game is different if you play a healer or a warrior...

But even if you have done that, please make sure you create another priest, but this time spec him shadow, not holy, and then get all the achievements again...

If you did all you post - WOW would be an incredibly boring game. Actually no one will want to complete what you write... no one is stupid to do all those boring achievments.
    I think the guy wasnt actually being serious

It was a sarcastic post aimed at all the people who use the argument -
    "But but but you havnt done all of the hard modes, link your armoury QQQQQQQQ" people

You kinda took him serious, when he was making the same comment you was, but he did it in a sarcastic way.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Gron

you didn't saw the irony in the previous post, did you?
    the irony, overall saying "WoW is never completed" or "WoW can never be won"

think about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Eversor

Rsteve - sorry about my response in case you meant it being sarcastic I agree with you
    Rweber - Agreed with you 100%...

Back to topic on "How Long Till Next Content"... I think Blizzard might think again waiting 6 months for content patch - it has taken its toll.
    The current nerfing of Ulduar they are advocating for content to become boring soon.

We can never know release date of next content patch.
    We know expansions for WOW took 2 years approximately.
    We know Blizzard planned 3 content patches.
    Which is:

2008 November - release of game
    2009 April - after 5-6 months - content patch 1
    2009 September - October - 5-6 months - content patch 2
    2010 February - Icecrown
    2010 September - next expansion, or if they are late they will add another content patch after Icecrown.