Crit vs Spirit pvp gear

So when getting pvp gear should i go for crit or spirit or a mix? Why should i go one way over another and what would my play style have to be if i went with crit or spirit in pvp?

Re: Crit vs Spirit pvp gear

anyone know?

I still havent found any evidence why i should pick the Moonshroud gear, so im fully going for crit as some spirit wont help my teammate, but a penance crit might

i also was thinking about going for all crit in my pvp gear, wonder what my crit would end up being if i do this though.

with the way rapture works, and how useful critting heals are like holy nova penance and flash heal, divine aegis helps a lot with adding effective healing through absorbed damage, and rapture gives you mana back on crits. disc mana regen is based on crit, not so much spirit anymore.

-80 Tauren Warrior-80 Undead Priest--80 Tauren Shaman-70 Tauren Druid-67 Human Deathknight

Quote Originally Posted by czechx
    with the way rapture works, and how useful critting heals are like holy nova penance and flash heal, divine aegis helps a lot with adding effective healing through absorbed damage, and rapture gives you mana back on crits. disc mana regen is based on crit, not so much spirit anymore.
    No. This is completely wrong.
    Welcome to 3.1
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

In all honesty, if you are heading toward high rated arenas, moonshroud is better. A mix is also viable, especially if you are just starting out. As kelesti said, rapture now only works with PWS, it no longer procs off effective heals.

Looking at how spirit regen got nerfed, and how it depends on int (and You dont get too much int on PvP gear - random PvE blues give that much or more) it seems that crit is waaay better (especially seeing how much it profits PvE healing).

But the more I play, the more I see that even that little extra spirit can be crucial. At the same time You realise that no matter how much You stack crit, Your enemies will have almost enough resi for Your offensive spells not to crit, and the difference for Your healing spells will be marginal (around 4% - this still wont get You high enough to make picking the "critshield" talent worth it).

I was thinking about taking crit set and all the "salvation" (+mp5) pieces there are, following cold logic (and some glad ranked peeps from AJunkies ^_^). But now, after loosing some games due to going oom too fast and not being able to drink - I honestly dunno.

Personally, I stack Spirit over Crit, and it's pretty simple why. I don't die because I can't heal enough, I die because I get CCed to death or I go OOM. Crit is a throughput stat for Discipline in 3.1, so while Spirit isn't great for regen, it at least helps. And,while it is a regen stat for Holy (though I still think Holy is generally underwhelming for PVP), Spirit is still more effective and more consistent, and Crit is really only effective as a Regen stat based upon Spirit anyway (thanks to Holy Concentration), so a mix may work, but pure Crit won't. In general, I'd say that if you need Crit for more throughput or more survivability, then either you or your partner(s) need to consider getting more Stam/Resilience.

2x crit 3x spirit ... the +50 resil owns

/thread

Well as of now I have Deadlypants with crit and Hatefullshoulders with Crit and Hatefullback armor with crit....should I start working on spirit now and stop with the crit gear?

badge vendors are awesome arn't they?

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...ent+1&n=Nadina

straight from the top priest on the eu tourny side. Inspect it, you might learn something if you understand.