Poll: What class should I level as a new pvp toon and why?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Thread: Rogue Vs Mage

Rogue Vs Mage

There it is boys and girl. And boys who pretend to be girls. I want to level a new toon for pvp mainly. I have both a mage and rogue in the 50s and 60s and am having a hard time deciding who to stick with. Your suggestions?

Re: Rogue Vs Mage

go paladin

stfu perhaps.See the post from hawciu. Go paladin!
    When We Ride Our Enemies..

Rogue.

I voted for stfu because you spelled it "Rouge"...

I expected no less. My heart felt thanks go out to all!

Deleted

Honestly, I would go for a rogue if it's only PvP you want. I mean, they can stealth, have tons of CC, do superb burst damage (while your target has only a few options to get out of it) and you have quite a few "Oh-snap" buttons.

Mages are, however, more all-round (PvE/PvP and I find them slightly more fun to play. Masters of AoE, short-but-heavy burst damage and you get either a mini-pet (Elemental) or tons of DoT's (Fire).

Quote Originally Posted by Somnio
    Honestly, I would go for a rogue if it's only PvP you want. I mean, they can stealth, have tons of CC, do superb burst damage (while your target has only a few options to get out of it) and you have quite a few "Oh-snap" buttons.
    Mages have exactly these as well........

Rogue vs Mage can be an awesome fight between the two if they both have CD's up.

Quote Originally Posted by Conviction

Rogue vs Mage can be an awesome fight between the two if they both have CD's up.
    100% agree. Some of my Fav PvP vids are rogues Vs mage.

Quote Originally Posted by Conviction

Agree. No mater what anyone says Mage vs rogue is a very balanced fight with all CD's up, and very entertaining to watch.

15+ Year Old Account

i would recommend mage, as a long time mage player i have to recommend mage simply cause the amount of fun playing as frost in dual's,arena an bgs.

FROST mages are pretty much cloth rogues with all there snares an CD's so yeh in my opion an dont know how much that means to you but i strongely recommend Mage!
    Chaotic Serenity - US Frostmourne Alliance 13/13 Mythic

I prefer mage

it depends on how much skill you have the learning curve on mage is much harder and there is much more to handle all at the same time plus not having the hard reset that rogues have. its easier to be good on a rogue than mage but when both are skilled it is very even and they are consistently very good in pvp

As a mage for life I would say rogue. Why? Because rogues are OP.

Haha, joking aside, mages, if played wrong, can be very, very, very, very squishy. You're only two options for a mage in PvP is frost and arcane, frost being the better of the two because of the increased survivability (seriously, Ice Barrier + Shattered Barrier + Deep Freeze + Frost Nova + Water Elemental + Cold Snap and then Fingers of Frost and Brain Freeze for added burst). Honestly since Dual Spec came into play, I've been PvPing a lot more because I can off spec frost without having to pay respec costs and it's fun. It really is.

But a rogue is just as fun, even more so if you like annoying the shit outta people. You have even more survivability. Rogues have more CC than mages (which is a pretty tough thing to accomplish) just as much damage/burst and they can counter almost any class in the game. Why do you think there are so many Rogue x (enter class here) teams? The only thing is it takes a little more coordination to PvP with a rogue. You have a little more to micromanage while everything is going down.

So it's up to you. Either way, you'll probably end up having a lot of fun.