Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst

Re: 1550 - borderline for double-dps?...

yeah the key is to purge Hot until there is only 1 stack of Lifebloom left.

And this is your job (as shaman)
    -> You purge 2 buffs at a time, and you still do dmg while doing that.
    -> Abusing spellsteal (which only steal 1 buff at a time) will lead to an oom Mage.

Spamm purge under hero (every 1sec) and the druid won't be able to put his Hots up faster than you purge.

Just focus purge, interrupt, slow the druid if you can and let the mage finish the job.

I didn't see a pvp trinket on your armory.. do you have one? ;D cuz it's usefull
    *French guy inside*
    *please forgive my poor english*

Quote Originally Posted by qae
    yeah the key is to purge Hot until there is only 1 stack of Lifebloom left.

And this is your job (as shaman)
    -> You purge 2 buffs at a time, and you still do dmg while doing that.
    -> Abusing spellsteal (which only steal 1 buff at a time) will lead to an oom Mage.

Spamm purge under hero (every 1sec) and the druid won't be able to put his Hots up faster than you purge.

Just focus purge, interrupt, slow the druid if you can and let the mage finish the job.

I didn't see a pvp trinket on your armory.. do you have one?  ;D cuz it's usefull
    I know that my main goal - 1)Bl 2)totems 3)purge 4)wolfes etc 5)interupt 6)dps 7)heal

2 Nece: agree, and thinking about re-gemming when i get new set.

P.S. thx all 2k+ posters, and all other kind pplz

P.P.S. about rog-priest - to win we need just 1 thing - rogue on mage not on me

My english was bad, but since I left EU for my own loc. server it become even more bad. Sorry for leaving You, EU :P

hey,

Im running ret pally/enhance shammy - and having exactly the same problem.
    Like you, im not after anything too high with this set up, and my gear (820 res 2500ap - saveage/hateful + 2 x 143dps weapons) - trith be told... just want hit 1500 atm to get some better gear and AP

rogue teams are actually decent for us, priest mage if we play well fairly ok.... dk/pally... dk/warrior... and druid/warrior... are the combos that rip us apart.
    On the druid team.... there just impossible to kill... purging to 1 lifebloom etc... trying cc the warrior whilst doing this etc... split dps.. tried everything, but druids just do not die, have too much cc, its just rediculous. - sorry - would love to help you out... but im after some answer for this myself..

IM coming to the conclusion that the reality is Blizz just needs to a) increase our base health (they have already stated this is too low) b) increase our damage considerably - or give us 2 things, get out of shit button like most classes have, or some better form of cc... hex just does not work on driuds.... fs diminishing returmns and as soon as this is used.... bam cyclone/roots... GT can only catch 1... soon as im cc's were toast from the ms and massive warrior dmg

I do think double dps can work though.... just prob not enhance unless aybe you already have 170+ weapons and better gear from farming as resto!

Quote Originally Posted by IhatePvE
    Still got question - how 2 dps can kill single ToL druid....
    you are a shammy bring up wolfes and purge (or whatever the thing that takes away buffs is called) and get your mage too CC warr and pwn him.

I can kill a resto druid alone (im hunter) easy they cant survive long with 50% less healing

Quote Originally Posted by IhatePvE
    Hi guys. Me (enh shamy 18-53-0) and my friend frost mage (cant remember his spec) both with over 800 resi. We went from 0 to 1400 in 2-3 hours, then wasted like 30 mins more to 1500 and then.... well, we decided stop at 1550 and go farm honor (get gear etc) but....but it takes over 4 hours to get those 50 points!!!!! 4 hours to win 3-4 games!!! We saw 1 (ONE) double dps team in games over 1440, for us it was looks like (45% holy(prot) pal+arms war)+(45% resto druid+arms war)+(9% rogue+disc)+(1% double dps / resto sham-lock)...just think about it - 10 games VS different war-resto druid teams... then 10 games VS different holy(prot)-war...I think most of u can imagine how angry we was when at 1440+ we faced only heal-war teams...

Now question - wtf is going on if 2 dps cant even hurt (not kill, just hurt him to 10-20%) 1 healer (ToL druid)? I mean we arent low on dps, and but we can understand that holy(prot) paly+arms is our nightmare (and its ok)...but when this cursed tree simple ignore our focused (well focused) dps (poly/hex warr so he is off for 10-20 sec or so) we simple cant hurt tree...max what we did - got him low on manna then he innervate and .... well, then we both out of CDs and need hold up like 30 sec but without healer its unpossible...warr kills one of us easy while we can do shit - mage at 10% mana, and i cant survive alone long enoth for let him drink...btw while we can manage burst down warr in prot-arms teams we cant do this in tree-arms teams coz druid got...cant imagine what he got - heal himself+hot warr and they both become unkillable for us...

So my questions are:
    1)1550 - borderline for double-dps teams?... (i think well geared double dps can get 1600-1700 but then...)
    2)how 2 dps can kill tree?... (frost mage+ench sham)
    3)prot(holy)/tree + arms gonna be new high-rated kings? (2-2)

4)hm just got an idea - is it possible to kill team "arms+holy(prot)+tree" ? (both healers are imba anti-silence&CC)

P.S. we got this fucking 1550 after 4 hours of nightmares (60 win/50 lose)...now gonna gear up and get 1600+ anyway 1600 gonna be "new home" in this season for 90% double dps teams...and BTW rog-disc arent so hard for us...

P.P.S. somewhere near i saw topic where retry say that "i cant kill healer....qq etc"...now it sounds even more funny then when i saw it 1st time.. ;D
    not looking to make u feel bad but azuril and hegartin ( ele sham frost mage) r 2200 on my server

One of the funniest things happened yesterday doing 2s with my mage, after reading all the talk about resto druids I had to post. So me and my frost mage parter (rogue/mage) go up against druid rogue. To begin the fight, sadly for me was pulled out of stealth due to double sap, got gouged and was opened on by the rogue. Took him to 5k before he kills me then he restealths. My mage gets a deep freeze off on the druid and sheeps the rogue after a lucky frost nova pulling him out, runs back in room and evocates, the druid and rogue both eat/drink and are at full. He gets another lucky frost nova pulls the rogue out sheeps again, gets the druid in a deep freeze and kills within 2 shatter combos and solos the rogue obviously. Watching a mage solo druid rogue was probably the funniest things Ive ever seen and I wish I had fraps going. Was a 1865 rated team as well so they werent shitties at all.

double dps seems to be fine. Myself and a friend are running a weird comp (lock/hunter) and are doing fairly well. just focus a target, work CC off each other and you should be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by beastz
    you are a shammy bring up wolfes and purge (or whatever the thing that takes away buffs is called) and get your mage too CC warr and pwn him.

I can kill a resto druid alone (im hunter) easy they cant survive long with 50% less healing
    Even with all my CD up we cant simple nuke druid...coz i wasting all my time purge his HoTs...

P.S. feel my pain - try purge D priest/R druid...hate em...teams with D priest+H paly makes me go crasy - all what i have to do - spam purge + totems (before and after wolfes+BL)...thinking about sacrafice 44 (22 on cloank+20 on gauntlets) agility to get some spell pen...

P.P.S. well we have no games this week coz farming honor, gonna try today :P

My english was bad, but since I left EU for my own loc. server it become even more bad. Sorry for leaving You, EU :P

Quote Originally Posted by Nece
    Always try to get behind your target and your misses go down alot.
    nope, altho some of the other stuff you said was correct /shrug

I felt like putting a bullet between the eyes of every Panda that wouldn't screw to save its species
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Illidan&n=Sinders

you play enh. shaman; what did you expect? I actually switched back from my enhancer back to my warrior for WotLK because I saw it coming that enhancers would stay victims rather than opponents in pvp. Don't get me started on the ridiculous idiocy of implementing those guide dogs 51pt talent instead of windwalk or other cool stuff....

btw: last time I dueled an enhancement shaman, I lost about 2k hp total. he died to my retaliation before he could even react while his wolves were still feared. so much for enh. PVP
    This user has been banned.