15+ Year Old Account

I need a warrior 101!

Greetings my fellow world of warcraft players.

I need some information about Fury specced raiding warriors.

My friend leveled his warrior to 80, he already has 4 years experience as playing a warrior but he has never participated in the raiding scene.
    Now he's still karazhan geared with a few wotlk blue's (karazhan is not really raiding in my point of view)
    And I want to raid Naxx10 with him so he can experience the raiding scene of today (not like naxx is a real challange) but it will be nice for him to gear up.

Now comes the real question:

Could someone give me some pointers on how a Furry warrior should gem himself, what stats on a weapon or armor item counts more (strength vs attackpower or so) what is the hitcap for fury warriors and some more pointers which are helpful if you start raiding.

Thanks!

Re: I need a warrior 101!

1) Get hit capped (8%)
    2) stack STR
    3) try to top the damage meters
    This space is available for rent!

The above points are basically it, as a DPS many of the standard rules hold true.

Get hit capped
    This is the top priority for most DPS, you need 263 hit rating or around 8% (if he is a draenei remember racial passive gives you +1%).

Gem for STR
    The conversion is the same for the gems (1 STR is 2 AP for a warrior). However STR benefits a warrior more and also benefits from blessing of kings, etc.

Expertise (aim for 26)
    While not so important its nice to have. It reduces the chance for his moves to be dodges/parried (and no overpower from dodge, versus the missed attack is not good).

Aim for around 35% critical strike chance
    A solid number to aim for as a DPS warrior.

Stand behind the mob not in front of him! Have fun in Naxx hope he enjoys it

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Arath
    The above points are basically it, as a DPS many of the standard rules hold true.

Get hit capped
    This is the top priority for most DPS, you need 263 hit rating or around 8% (if he is a draenei remember racial passive gives you +1%).

Gem for STR
    The conversion is the same for the gems (1 STR is 2 AP for a warrior). However STR benefits a warrior more and also benefits from blessing of kings, etc.

Expertise (aim for 26)
    While not so important its nice to have. It reduces the chance for his moves to be dodges/parried (and no overpower from dodge, versus the missed attack is not good).

Aim for around 35% critical strike chance
    A solid number to aim for as a DPS warrior.

Stand behind the mob not in front of him! Have fun in Naxx hope he enjoys it
    Okay thank you, that helps me alot