Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Anyone else stuck on mimoron?

Quote Originally Posted by Felblood
    But we were talking about having the tank eat the missile barrage and keep him still during it and just have everyone else move out.. Not sure if it is even possible to heal the tank through it tho..
    You can't stay in on lasers, heh, one of our tanks tried it and even with wall/spirit it takes you out. That's essentially the difficulty of P4 right there, though.

The fight is frustrating in that the laser barrage can be a hassle to learn in P4, but once you get him down you'll have an easier time on the next week. Having to redo the earlier phases repeatedly is annoying, but people actually learn them.

Didn't have a problem with him. Took us about an hour. Maybe less. : shrug :

Kind of useful approach to P3 some might like:
    We tanked the head in the middle, because it didn't seem like a problem. Tanking him to the side sounds a bit better, but we don't bother killing the bombs.
    Instead, we root the bomb when it shows. Park a pet or some totems under Mimiron, and the rooted bombs will aggro them and explode. A voidwalker's decent at this.
    At least, this is how I understand what we did.. I was lock nuking the whole fight so I dunno

The only really hard part of this fight for us was when Spinning Up bugged in P4 repeatedly and rapidly spun around wiping us. The first few times we thought it was supposed to be like that, but it was impossible to avoid. Having seen the normal speed, I'd say it was around 4 times faster.

I like it how they called it a night after 8 wipes. Wtb more fights like that and more qq. Also, it's Mimiron.

Somehow, after looking at other bosses and the nerfs they have received, I think that this boss is going to be nerfed to the ground, but blizzard is still looking @ different bosses atm, me thinks. Not saying that it should be nerfed, but Razor/xt/kolo/IC didnt have to be nerfed either.

Green, Runetotem EU
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Quote Originally Posted by Greenfinger
    Somehow, after looking at other bosses and the nerfs they have received, I think that this boss is going to be nerfed to the ground, but blizzard is still looking @ different bosses atm, me thinks. Not saying that it should be nerfed, but Razor/xt/kolo/IC didnt have to be nerfed either.

Green, Runetotem EU
    They already gave us a bigger window to kill him while he was self repairing. The only possible nerfs I could conceive is making him do less damage in phase 2.

..even then that's retarded because if you're dying to raid damage in phase 2.. you're terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Separate
    I dont know if its just my guild but I read that you only attempted 8 times before calling the raid. Maybe the reason your stuck on him is because your calling it after 8 wipes. Im not attempting to sound like a prick but part of progression is well....wiping alot in some cases to learn what to do next.
    This several times.

8 wipes on a new boss you've never seen before is called "learning".

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Felblood
    Just have to have everyone not sleeping..
    agreed that hes fun, agreed that hes harder than the stuff before, AND agreed that 8 tries is not "stuck"

yesterday we attempted him as the last boss for the night, and quit after the, i would say, 8th to 10th attempt, because ppl had to leave.

But Im far from calling that stuck, during almost every wipe we learned something, got used to the fight and so on.
    while the first fights were dominated by "omg proximity mine"-moments (u know what i mean), later on we got to see all the phases, and I am fairly certain he's gonna die tonight, as phases 1-3 now are no problem anymore.

calling "were stuck" after 8 tries is really a bit early. although, I dont know how far you got him

But anyways indeed, calling the raid for only 8 wipes, if it was not for the late time, quite much resembles the will of downing a new boss of the raid :

We spent several hours wiping on him until the raid leader said alright guys whoever doesn't die this attempt if we kill him gets to roll 1-100 and the winner gets 5000g. Sure enough everyone straightened up had only 2 deaths throughout the fight and we downed him, and a lucky warlock got 5000g

Mimiron isn't that hard if it worked correctly. We've been training him for 2 days now, and we make it almost every time to p4 without deaths, but everytime when he casts barrage on p4, he starts spinning like crazy and wipes us in 2 seconds. Anyone else encountered an issue like that?

"roFfLez, mah guild liek killd him in 2 triez"
    Good for you! Your epeen just grew an arms length! Congratulations!

That aside, I liked the "Survive and you can win 5k gold" idea.
    EU forum is ignored.
    Game balance is not ok.
    Blue posters contradict themselves.
    Blizzards attitude towards us players sucks.

After the fixes that where made to Mimiron for Week 2 no one should be wiping more then 10 times to down this guy.

Now for week 1 when I got to him on 10 man first then 25 man later in the week, the fight was merely playing the RNG game. During the first week against mimiron I was 0-120 (downs-deaths) simply because P4 came down to how your RNG was when he did the missle barrage and static shock at the same time. Sometimes he moved when the tank did not and 360 degree wiped the entire raid. sometimes he targeted the tank while both where casting =ing wipe. And some where just cause of stupid mistakes of tired guildies.

Week 2: 10 man 1 shotted, 25 man 2 shotted.

Since everyone else want to just say 'we two shot' or 'we tried 8 times' or whatever the case may be, I will attempt to bring this thread back to its core.

P1-3 we are having no issues, and got to P4 on the 2nd pull. We have spent several hours on this guy currently. I am also the raid leader for the guild, so I am asking those that have killed him what I am missing.

We position in p4 jsut as we do in p2. We have 4 quadrants (g1+2, g3, g4, g5). Since G1+2 have melee, there are only a few people in that ranges quadrant. Basically I split each group into NW, NE, SE, SW in that order. Each group has at least one 'group healer' and a direct healer, which may either be healing the MT on the MK, the lock tanking the head, or tossing some heals on melee. Once int heir quadrant, they spread out (right to left, not front to back) just like in P2 to minimize the damage they take from hand pulse.

What we are having happen is the spinning around and nuke the raid thing. One way we have counteracted some of this, is to have the tank stay in on the shock, blowing CDs in the same fashion that you used them on breaths on Sarth3D with drakes 2+3 down. That seemed to be less movement, and seemed to lower the number of times it went haywire and blasted the raid.

We are also using a core on the head in p4 to start, with all ranged on the head till 5%, then switching to the torso. Melee are on the bottom. I have set up who is switching to which part when they all get to 5% so that we can nuke them all down together as you need to. We keep getting the spinning torso raid wiping mechanic still when everything is about 3% (each part) and we are nuking them down. We are saving Heroism(lust) for this phase also.

I must be missing something. Insight is appreciated. 'OMGWTFITZSOEZ' is not.
    This space for rent.

Quote Originally Posted by Modez
    What we are having happen is the spinning around and nuke the raid thing. One way we have counteracted some of this, is to have the tank stay in on the shock, blowing CDs in the same fashion that you used them on breaths on Sarth3D with drakes 2+3 down. That seemed to be less movement, and seemed to lower the number of times it went haywire and blasted the raid.
    As far as I know, my Main Tank simply moves left/right to avoid the Barrage, but STILL tanking the Leviathan, basically, if the Barrage is starting at NW, he simply goes to tanking SW and wait untill the barrage is over.

If ther's noone in melee (i.e. tank runs away from Barrage) he'll start doing the Spinning-around-Barrage, and is working as intended, it's not a bug.

Quote Originally Posted by Izenhart
    As far as I know, my Main Tank simply moves left/right to avoid the Barrage, but STILL tanking the Leviathan, basically, if the Barrage is starting at NW, he simply goes to tanking SW and wait untill the barrage is over.

If ther's noone in melee (i.e. tank runs away from Barrage) he'll start doing the Spinning-around-Barrage, and is working as intended, it's not a bug.
    Thank you for posting something useful. I'm not being sarcastic, I am really wanting to get this fixed.

By and large the tank doesn't move. Most of the barrages are coming in such a fashion that they don't have to. He is turning (not repositioning) to the right if spinning up is cast on him, so that overall there is little movement. One thing we have also seen, is a rocket tot he tank, the tank repositions, then it goes haywire. Has anyone else seen this (the tank lives during the reposition, so there is still melee in there).
    This space for rent.

Your tank is doing something wrong then. The only time when the middle will randomly spin around is if the base is moving (moving around not turning in place). With the week 2 fixes the base and the middle can no longer cast their abilities symotaniously. Your tank is free to exit the static shocks but needs to get the base back to a mobile state as soon as the middle starts to ramp up barrage and start the spinning cast bar.

Also if you tank dies at anypoint during P4 the middle will just spin everywhere. Also for a helpful tip, put 1 ranged dps on the middle until the head is down to 5-10% like you have been doing. If the tank does not have agro on it, it will 80% of the time start arcane barrage on the highest threat.

Remeber the tank can not move the base while barrage is active or you run the risk of the boss going crazy.

Pit Lord
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Iteken
    This several times.

8 wipes on a new boss you've never seen before is called "learning".
    "Progression" implies progress.

If you're wiping on the same phase transition every time, you're not progressing. Sometimes it's better to stop and go do something else for a while. Sometimes it's better to just come back another day.

Sometimes you have to replace the people who can't move out of the fire.

You can wipe a million times if you want. If you're not doing a little better each time you can't call it progression. It's certainly not "learning"...

^ The above should be taken with two grains of salt and a fistful of "chill the F* out".

We are learning tho.. Last night sucked since one of our main dps was gone. And we had one of our good resto druids go moonkin to root the bombs. But the healer to replace him was uhhh shit.. Holy paladins strong point is single target healing and couldnt keep the tank up during plasma blast.. Then if, we got out of p1 .. she would just stand in a rocket and die.. Yeah first night we got to p4 3 our of the 8 attempts but tonight we only got to p4 1 time .. Bad thing about this fight is you cant "carry" anyone.. I cant move people out of the rocket path myself..