just to clarify on expertise

as a cookie mut rogue, I should by no means gem for anything less than 16 expertise, before i gem for agi or AP? Shadow priest provided of course.

Re: just to clarify on expertise

As Mutilate, your character sheet needs to read 26/26 expertise to be capped. Same for Combat, but Combat gets 10 free expertise points from talents.

Yes i know what the cap is. Im just trying to clarify the priority of gem's/enchants. I should receive a bigger boost to dps if i gem expertise if i'm under the expertise cap, than if i gem agi or AP?

ps sorry for throwing the hit-related priest bit in there.

Quote Originally Posted by madaxid
    Yes i know what the cap is. Im just trying to clarify the priority of gem's/enchants. I should receive a bigger boost to dps if i gem expertise if i'm under the expertise cap, than if i gem agi or AP?

ps sorry for throwing the hit-related priest bit in there.
    Expertise is your best friend. Yes it's worth more under the cap. Cant have your finishers be parried or a mutilate and completely screw your rotation.

Expertise doesn't become less valuable as you approach the cap, but are still under it. If you can put in a 16 exp gem and land right at 214, then that gem is better to place than 16 agi or 32 AP. Trick is, as you get better gear, that gem will need to be replaced as you start to go over the cap.