Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Re: Hardest boss fight in wow?

C'Thun was impossible, so he doesn't count imo.

Next hardest was pre-pre nerfed M'uru.

Anyone saying Kiljaedin is obvious to see they cleared SWP after the nerfs, M'uru was way harder than KJ upon first releases.

C'thun had some major bug's, so sure he was impossible.
    Otherwise, due to raid setup, The 4HM (Naxx 60) were quite hard.
    In BC, M'uru pre-nerf was a freaking hard one !!!
    In LK, I actually don't know since I haven't tried them all yet, but would go for Yogg 25 0 Elders, since he still stands up for now
    Former Shadowpriest
    Melted Faces from 2005 to sep. 2011

-= SW: TOR =- Pure Blood Sith Inquisitor & Cyborg Bounty Hunter !

Mimiron Hardmode, M'uru prenerf, orig. 4h, pre-nerf Vashj/ Kael'thas.

Yogg 0 is just mathematically impossible like C'thun was, so we're waiting around for a nerf until it can be killed.

tbh, all wow bosses arent that hard, most of them are a gear check and not all to hard for ppl that know how to play.

My guild had some trouble on razorgore after bwl release. That was a whole different fight then they are in MC so lots of players had to get used to what is going on in that fight.

And veal was annoying when he despawned after 1 hour.

10+ Year Old Account

Wasn't the hardest boss the four horsemen pre BC?

"It stands to this day as the most amount of time a single encounter laid undefeated while also not requiring any retuning or bug fixing, at approximately 7 weeks, compared to 3–5 days for Sunwell Plateau bosses (time determined from Death and Taxes, who achieved the first world kill of the Horsemen seven weeks after encountering them)."

http://www.wowwiki.com/Four_Horsemen_(original)

I know they are extremely easy now in both 10 man and 25 man but that's mostly due to them being reused bosses.

Other than that I'd say M'uru pre-nerf and Kil'jaeden in BC. In Wotlk Mimiron Hard mode. I want to say C'thun before he was fixed but not sure an impossible boss should count :P

Edit:

Even Algalon, who has a one week an hour shot didn't take as long to defeat as the four horsemen did.

Quote Originally Posted by Teramos
    as far as i know it was death&taxes, i remember everyone in the raid got a tankflask for this fight. (and damn those flasks were expensive in these days^^)
    this was done by nihilum and it was after the (hot)fix (afaik no one knew that he had been fixed). they just realized in the fight when still all 40 ppl were alive that a kill could be possible they all poped their flasks and down he went.
    "Sir, we are surrounded, Sir"
    "Excellent, we can attack in every direction"

Quote Originally Posted by verator
    Mimiron Hardmode, M'uru prenerf, orig. 4h, pre-nerf Vashj/ Kael'thas.

Yogg 0 is just mathematically impossible like C'thun was, so we're waiting around for a nerf until it can be killed.
    25 man Yogg 0 is something people (including myself) are overlooking tbh.
    25 man firefighter isnt as hard as pre pre nerfed muru either (yes ive done both btw )

I would actually change my answer from it being C'Thun (which was impossible so doesn't really count), or pre pre nerfed Muru, to PERHAPS 25 man Yogg 0.

Unlike C'Thun though, i don't believe 25 man Yogg 0 is mathematically impossible. If all mellee just keep dps'ing the immortals so they hit less, i believe 2-3 tanks can survive the immortals, and you will need absolutely insane of the insanest ranged dps on Yoggy to burn him as fast as possible, as well as healers keeping the tanks topped.

Ensidia will do it in the next 3 weeks imo.

1-5 in the really hard bosses

1: mimiron hard mode

yes its hard but mathmatically possible

2: kael thas/ vashj pre nerf

required awarenesss and mechanics that had never been used before.

3: 4hm (60)

very hard fight, perfect co ordination, and lots of stolen tanks

4: kj (pre nerf)

lots of HP as well as needing top output on everything to make this possible

5: muru/entropius

just no, no, no D:

C'thun doesnt count, he was bugged and broken, not hard
    he was fixed, not nerfed

Quote Originally Posted by Possiblyreefer
    5: muru/entropius

just no, no, no D:

C'thun doesnt count, he was bugged and broken, not hard
    he was fixed, not nerfed
    The problem is M'uru recieved 3 nerfs in total.

Pre pre pre nerfed only had around 4 guilds kill him.
    Pre pre nerfed had around 75 guilds kill him.
    Pre nerfed many many guilds killed him,

Muru pre nerfed was pretty easy.
    However, Muru pre pre pre nerfed was insane.

Alot harder than kiljaedin. And its a shame very very few guilds ever saw this version of muru.

Quote Originally Posted by dsswoosh
    The problem is M'uru recieved 3 nerfs in total.

Pre pre pre nerfed only had around 4 guilds kill him.
    Pre pre nerfed had around 75 guilds kill him.
    Pre nerfed many many guilds killed him,

Muru pre nerfed was pretty easy.
    However, Muru pre pre pre nerfed was insane.

Alot harder than kiljaedin. And its a shame very very few guilds ever saw this version of muru.
    As many of the healers who had the pleasure of meeting with Mr. no nerfs M'uru...i hope he rots in hell.
    I hated that guy too much.
    But in the other hand, he was overnerfed with the time, first nerf was the only one he should hae had.

Dot like there's no tomorrow.

pre nerf M'uru
    Naxx40 4h/KT

I agree with some of the above...C'thun was not nerfed, he was fixed.

Nothing in vanilla wow really come close in difficulty to late sunwell and ulduar hard modes, bosses like 4hm may have seemed hard but that mainly coz the players and guilds were crap compared to what they are now.

KilJaeden & KaelThas
    Muru wasn't SO hard to do, but it was more like random. Even pros can wipe on him, because of numerous random factors. But I have been on my guild first kill of Muru and then on a lot of kills prenerf,and it just didnt seem such a big problem, everybody says.

Anyone who is saying KJ more difficult than pre nerf muru have no idea what they are talking about, if I had to estimate the time that people spent on muru compared to KJ (counting the first muru nerf even, otherwise its just 4 guilds as mentioned) is like 4x at least.

Also people saying fights like Kael'Thas wasn't that hard, again I do not think were there pre nerf, it was very challening.

If I had to give top (didn't play at 60 so I will leave those out)

1. pref nerf muru

2. Mimiron hard (stopped raiding, so havent completed, but have seen p4 10 man)

3. pre nerf kael

Quote Originally Posted by Forgottenone
    Wasn't the hardest boss the four horsemen pre BC?

"It stands to this day as the most amount of time a single encounter laid undefeated while also not requiring any retuning or bug fixing, at approximately 7 weeks, compared to 3–5 days for Sunwell Plateau bosses (time determined from Death and Taxes, who achieved the first world kill of the Horsemen seven weeks after encountering them)."

http://www.wowwiki.com/Four_Horsemen_(original)

I know they are extremely easy now in both 10 man and 25 man but that's mostly due to them being reused bosses.

Other than that I'd say M'uru pre-nerf and Kil'jaeden in BC. In Wotlk Mimiron Hard mode. I want to say C'thun before he was fixed but not sure an impossible boss should count :P

Edit:

Even Algalon, who has a one week an hour shot didn't take as long to defeat as the four horsemen did.
    Mm, horsies wasn't that hard, it just required a fuckload of warriors with 4piece t3. Getting that many warriors geared to 4 piece t3 (to reduce taunt-fuckups) will undoubtably take quite a while. Unless you had...how many was it again, 6ish warriors, it would be stupidly rng.

Four horseman wasn't exactly simple. Looking through our guild forums, I found the spreadsheet we used to work out the rotation for DPS groups on the front two adds.

DPS groups are labelled A to E (Alfred to Eddie - dont ask.)

There was a separate rotation for tanks (that had to line up with the one for DPS/Healers on movement to and from Korthazz due to meteor) and another for healers.

We used a split (4 position) rotation for the tanks. 4 tanking front two, and 4 tanking back two. So 8 Tanks total.

A 5 Group (2 position) rotation for the DPS, splitting between Mograine and Korthazz initially, then switching to Korthazz and Blameux once Mograine was dead (took a full rotation normally due to the shield walls), then Zeliek once Korthazz died.

A 6 group full (4 position) rotation for healers, with a single healer doing safe spot topping up.

For those that never did it at 60, and either zerged it at 70, or did the level 80 version, it's a VERY VERY different fight.

-------------------

However pre-nerf Muru was worse. We wiped to him over 500 times. (think final total was around 700)

I have to disagree with all the Kil'Jaeden claims, he wasn't a scratch on pre-nerf, or to some extent even post-nerf M'uru, who was a complete cockblock, and talking about after the HP nerf is a joke considering how much of a joke that made everything.

pre-nerf Gruul and Vashj were also obscenely difficult, as was Magtheridon, but probably not the hardest.

In current content? I'd probably go with Yogg+0, as everyone can see he's yet to be downed in that form, and that makes it the longest standing encounter in current content.

Mimiron 10 Normal is probably the hardest encounter I've come across (personally). Never seen a tank drop so fast!
    I've only ever been on one AQ40 run, and we couldn't down C'thun, even with about 30 of us, although we did Twin Emps first time, I think.
    Although, going by last night's guild run in Naxx10, you'd have thought the first Arachnid Quarter boss was the hardest
    Can't really think of any others.
    >Signature Removed, Replacement Pending<

Deleted

Try hitting that red button, and you'll find yourself a whole new level of difficulty.

Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account

Not 100% about tbc or pre tbc but atm Mimiron hard mode 25 =)