Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Re: Hardest boss fight in wow?

I think most of the top guilds in the world all said mimiron hard mode prior to nerfs was much harder than M'uru and C'thun as can be proven by the amount of time spent on it. Ensidia said they spent 50+ hours on that fight where i think M'uru was within like a day of release.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoc
    What? No Official Link Sil? So you just write down something so Smart and then Shut the fuck up? Congratz, people like you really make my day.

/Snoc
    Are you 12 or something ? Well you cant be older than 18 atleast. Im at work and cant reply constantly just because some teenager is raging at me on the forums for me being right. People who played AQ back then know what im talking about. You just read things, i was actually doing things. It was posted on MMO-champion or World of Raids, i cant remember. But it has been done. Now go back to building sandcastles

Quote Originally Posted by Sil
    Are you 12 or something ? Well you cant be older than 18 atleast. Im at work and cant reply constantly just because some teenager is raging at me on the forums for me being right. People who played AQ back then know what im talking about. You just read things, i was actually doing things. It was posted on MMO-champion or World of Raids, i cant remember. But it has been done. Now go back to building sandcastles
    Riight. Ok I will stop replying here since obviously there is no reason to.
    /Snoc

Kharay1977

Quote Originally Posted by Snoc
    Riight. Ok I will stop replying here since obviously there is no reason to.
    /Snoc
    Thanks!

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/sarcasm

Quote Originally Posted by Sil
    Not impossible, was killed by asians before hotfix (they got the fix later than US +EU). The encounter could be defeated. Nice try being smart. Bye.

/Sil
    seriously?wtf? cthun could not be killed before blizz fixed it ... that is total crap, i mean i admitt we didnt hear much about asian servers back then (no1 did...) but something so big could not be stay hidden or something......

nihilum got worldfirst on cthun some hours after the hotfix .. was wiping back there at that time myself

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Watipah
    I Think the Hardest Fight for melee classes is the fight vs Mimiron.
    Phase1-3 are quite easy, but in Phase 4 you have to look out for:
    - rockets which are hard to see
    - ae dmg from the machine on the ground, while probably hitting the one in the middle (-> watching focus target cast)
    - looking for a way out of the mines around him to avoid the ae... if you don't look out for a good way where you can
    pass the bombs you'll be dead...(looking at your life to decide to hit one bomb if there isn't a better way out)
    - additionally you have to avoid the middles laser barrage and if possible most of its random dmg towards one direction
    - you still want to deal as much dps as possible
    - as enhance there are addionally heals to low health raidmembers, ghostwolves that have to be set on passive for the ae and the still procrelevant dmg rotation so you have to look at the proccs too instead of a facerolled combo

Although i've never cleared the AQ 40 encounters, i think this is the hardest Boss for melees ever because you've to look at quite a lot of things...
    of course it's not so difficult to defeat him if a few melees die... but its still challenging... and i prefer to survive ;-)

Even if u have NO CLUE at all about phase4 you have like a 50% chance to survive and still manage to dps if like atleast 15/25 ppl know what to do, and if they do it right.

Now, i havent killed C'thun as a lvl 60 but ive seen videos from real vanilla HC raidguilds killing c'thun, and it looked fucking amazing. I bet even if one single person of these 40 raiders, fails, they will all fail. Thats HC, not faceroll mimiron who you still can kill even if like 15-20% of the raid r dead at the end

I did C'thun pre and post nerve and indeed if 2% or max 3% of the raiders in your group were down, you were dead and could start over, most raid leaders called a whipe after 2 people dying. if i look now at mimeron or other fights, even 4 or 5 dps down is not a problem on 25 man so you C'thun is and always will be the "old" god when it comes to major whiping pains at the end of the day.

I haven't done a lot of vanilla raid content, but I'd say that attempting Archimonde with 3+ people who can't use tears/avoid fires is the hardest fight in wow.

-credit to Rayde

Not sure if anyone has said this yes, don't feel like looking through all 13 pages of this just to find out but... Id say Prince would be in the top 10. Only because back in TBC your raid could be geared and if you get a well place infernal, it was really over cause that fire ticked for a lot.

Well, the old gods have been the hardest, as they deserve to be. I think that Yoggy without the watchers is comparable to C'thun, it is even harder actually I think

Vashj, and Kael Thas are by far my hardest/best bosses faced. Both bosses required a full raid performing and took time to learn and execute.
    I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for ransom, I can tell you I don't have money; but what I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I've acquired over a very long career, skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you let my daughter go now that will be the end of it. I will not look for you, i will not pursue you but if you don't; I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by roflpot
    personally the hardest fight I've ever faced was vael in bwl, it broke up the guild I was in at the time which was one of the first guilds on the server to clear mc. I don't think it was that the fight was particularly hard in its self, more that the level of difficulty people were used to - it was a massive slap in the face.

vael broke up my guild as well , we had to kill him in under 59 seconds. becouse we had a bug for 3 weeks in a row wich got us all ported out when we tried the boss , fing hell...

I'm afraid I can't talk about hard vanilla content, but I have done all of BC and most of WotlK (not the hardest ones, stepped down from hardcore raiding), but claiming KJ was the hardest prenerf, can only mean you didn't actually do M'uru pre nerf. That was the hardest shit I've ever faced. Guess Yogg +0 could be considered harder, since it took longer to down him, or that people just focussed on other stuff, and had less time to practise, unlike in 2.4 where you had 6-7 days a week on the same boss, cause there weren't anything else to do. Alot more stuff in woltk to put focus on as a raider.

Quote Originally Posted by Fact_of_Life
    Kiljaedan

He involved dps race, pure madness, multiple adds in the fight, mega healz all around, even tho he was killed before a nerf. It took situational awareness and a knowledge of how to pull off as much dps as you could.
    M'uru was the true last boss in Sunwell. Once your guild cleared him Kil'jaeden was a joke.

My vote is with pre-nerf C'thun though hands down.

I'd say Archimonde. I can not remember any other stressfull boss which our guild had a hard time with mastering and a lot of people leaving the guild for other guilds who farmed BT instead (we were very much burned on killing archimonde we didn't do BT unless he got killed).

But all in all, even if it ment weeks of whiping and helping new trial members in the fight, when we actually got him down that was one of the most epic feelings ever. A shame I haven't found anything like that again.

C-Thun. Hardest fight ever. For lvl 60s...... impossible in vinilla wow.... still kicks ass

From what I have seen, Mu'ru prenerf was insanely hard, and has my vote.

From what I have done myself, Mimiron 25 hardmode so far is the biggest cockblock for us, but in our first night we had a good shot on phase 4, just hit the enrage. Freya +3 is harder then Mimi for my guild, although we've only tried that seriously once, and at the time were not able to get everyone coordinated enough on ground tremors.

In 10m, Algalon is pretty hard, but after our 2nd week attempting, we got him to 8%, and woulda killed him if it wasnt for a tank mistake. So 10m Mimi hardmode is by far the hardest in Ulduar (10m only of course!). Took us 2-3 hours, vs the 2 hours that we almost have Alg down.
    Izzirogue of Tyrannosaurus Rekt - Hyjal | @izzirez

C'thun was defiantly hell for a while for my guild. But I'd have to say KT preBC was one if not the hardest fight I've done.

Quote Originally Posted by Hwangchung
    Pre-nerf C'Thun and M'uru stand out for me.
    pre nerf wasn't hard it was unbeatable. Hard would be M'uru

To call C'thun hard is like saying running through a wall is hard. It's impossible there is no other rank of difficulty to apply to the fight.

Quote Originally Posted by sulfuric

To call C'thun hard is like saying running through a wall is hard. It's impossible there is no other rank of difficulty to apply to the fight.

Not if you're the Juggernaut!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSuvOVH0aSQ