Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Enhancement Q's (LB vs CL, MT vs ST, Flameshock?)

I definitely keep Flame Shock and LvB around just for Maly Phase 1 -> Phase 2 transition and for the Heigan dance. Dancing got boring, so I started doing Flame Shock + LvB during the dance phase. The timing is perfect so that you can Lava Burst on the end safe zones then follow up with a Flame Shock for the next LvB. Plus it's just fun to play with overall, big numbers!
    Breshin - Level 80 Tauren Enhancement Shaman
    [url=http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Burning+Legion&n=Chocomilk]Chocomilk - Level 80 Tauren Protection Warrior

Well sa people already said, Lightning bolt in fact scales better than chain lightning, also you have the glyph for 5% more LB damage which is great considering the 10k give or take lightning bolt crits which is one of our highest damage output sources, also i had some mana issues a while ago too but i didn't have any talents to reduce mana costs or get mana back, also i geared up for the hard hit cap which makes MW proc a lot more and therefore you waste a lot more mana, though... i changed to a similar spec to yours now, i have 2 points in improved Stormstrike i have shamanistic focus and also Elemental Focus, i usually have a blood DK and a frost DK in my raids so i gave up on unleashed rage and improved windfury totem which granted me a few more points to spend in the elemental tree. I'm pretty happy with the spec, i can do up do 6k DPS fully raid buffed without any debuffs to increase the damage bosses take and i can pretty much save my shamanistic rage to when i'm taking a lot of damage since it takes me over 5 minutes to go oom in case you want to check the spec out:

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...glade&n=Kduruh

Quote Originally Posted by Elecman

Uhhhh you cant Lava Burst off of MW. Idk who you are talking to but they are terrible and you're even worse for being the shaman and not even knowing you cant LB off MW.
    LB = lightning bolt
    LvB = Lava Burst

Just to defend good old flame shock in pve- its not completely useless as some stated, in addition to malygos example I can add that i.e. for :

1.Sarth3d, at the start when need to run before first drake lands to its spot from Sartharion- flame shock before go and LvB just before drake lands, thus guaranteeing elemental devastation= dps increase to burn the drake faster. Depending on how you deal with fire walls and how your OTs cooperate you can use same mechanics there if you are not able to keep drake in reach all the time.

2. XT- similar mechanics once you get 20 yard debuff and have to run out of melee range to XT, flame shock+LvB while waiting for debuff to go off so you could jump back to fight with elemental devastation.

There might be more uses for it, just these 2 simple examples came to my head right now. Ofc flame shock shouldn't be in our priorities, but at given situations I think it earns its way back to toolbars.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtyfist
    Personally i would max out Ancesrtal knowledge, rather than go with wolves. Also take one out of call of flame, and one out of shamanistic focus ( put both in ancestral knowledge ). Use some judgement on the Shamanistic focus one though, i dont know what your raid comp is like and whether you run consistently with replenish effects or not. Spirit wolves are fun ( I miss mine) but are a 3 min cooldown. The dps you gain from putting point in other areas surpasses that of the wolves within 3 minutes.
    OMG WTF NO!!! Please don't give out such false information as this. If you haven't done the math then don't volunteer to give out advice on something you don't completely understand. Going 3/3 Call of Flame increases damage from all fire totems, more so than having a few extra INT. Shamanistic Focus is a HUGE help with minimizing OOM issues and is pretty much considered a standard talent for any Enhancement Shaman IMO. I learned long ago that 5/5 Ancestral Knowledge is a waste of talent points since the DPS gain is laughable in comparison to other available talents. Just toss 2 or 3 points in there to open up the next tier and move on.

Jeez......how anyone would assume that another 2-4% Intellect adds more DPS that Feral Spirit Wolves is beyond me. >.>

To answer the OP, LB scales better than CL, however when pulling multiple mobs like trash using CL is usually the preferred option. Also MT and ST, its really up to how well your mana pool can handle it. But I believe Magma scales better overall so it would yield better results. But if you're running into OOM issues then Searing will do just as well, the DPS loss is not massive.

EDIT: In reference to using FS and LvB, I use both of those when fighting flying bosses (Malygos, Mimiron, etc...). Also on movement intensive fights(Sarth3D, Hodir, etc...) I tend to toss FS on occasion since I'm not always in melee range its nice to still be able to do some sort of damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Levva
    Good grief NO. Wolves do around 300-400 dps when out or around 100-150 dps over cooldown duration. Ancestral knowledge does around 10 dps per talent point. Your statement about "The dps you gain from putting point in other areas surpasses that of the wolves within 3 minutes." couldn't possibly be more wrong if you tried.
    I summoned my wolves twice in one fight, one with them having hero, one iwthout. I have the glyph, and the wolves did 750 dps during the time they were up..considering a 3-6 min fight, thats between 100-200 dps, which is amazing. Not only that, but the healing done from it helps a lot too on certain fights (mimiron p2 for example)

Quote Originally Posted by Submarauder
    I summoned my wolves twice in one fight, one with them having hero, one iwthout. I have the glyph, and the wolves did 750 dps during the time they were up..considering a 3-6 min fight, thats between 100-200 dps, which is amazing. Not only that, but the healing done from it helps a lot too on certain fights (mimiron p2 for example)
    Not to mention the run buff is pure gold on a lot of fights. Always fun to outrun the other melee on the way into the brain room on Yoggi. :P